Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

I also like doing non trophy related stuff, if you make a smart use of gaming sessions on this site  online trophies arent really a problem btw  :lol:

Trophy hunting can be weakness for some but strenght for others ^_^

...or so I misread the topic a bit :awesome:

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

I really despise online trophies. If it's an online only game, I don't have a problem with it, but forcing you to collect a handful of online trophies in a primarily offline game is pretty bullshit. Whenever the online servers for that game inevitably shut down, you're screwed; you ain't ever earning that platinum trophy now, even if the only trophies you're missing are two online ones that simply require you to complete a match online and kill 5 enemies or some BS.

I wish online trophies had their own separate list like DLC does, so they don't count towards the platinum trophy.

Aside from online trophies, any trophies that require an insane amount of grinding usually tend to turn me off platinuming/100% completing a game.

Also, games where you have to be 100% perfect in your playthrough(s) in order to get all the trophies. I really only did that once with ICO on the speedrun playthrough, and I don't want to ever have to do anything similar where I'm constantly reloading my save file over and over just to make sure I do everything absolutely perfectly.

• Like 1

-Anything RNG based (anything rng is just annoying especially with my crap luck)

-Grind heavy trophies (depends if the game is worth grinding for, but i still despise grinding)

-Missables (which i miss quite often unfortunately).

Getting 100% completion on all games I play is something I don't care about since I mainly plat games I really love so not really a weakness I guess.

-Games with multiple, identicle trophy lists are a huge turnoff. It's why The Evil Within rests at 0% at my profile. When there's ~4 other identical platinums out there, it really loses value to me. Whether the lists are region-based or last-gen/current-gen, it's always stupid and unsatisfying..

-Unobtainables without notice. Some games like NFS The Run shut down online services without warning, fucking over hunters like myself. And some games even launch with unobtainables and never fix them (nice job, Dragon Fin Soup).

have no problem with grinds or RNG (as long as the game is fun) but my lack of fast reflexes and sense of rhythm really give me a struggle. Whether it's a rhythm game (Miku, IA/VT, Taiko), a fighter (Injustice, BlazBlue) or a reflexes-based minigame, as soon as it hits a critical mark like Hard-mode on rhythm games, performing combos in fighters or games like Pier Solar's Eternal Slip I'm out.

I just don't have the sense of rhythm to pull these things off.

Sometimes it's really frustrating to know that I won't be able to finish a game with 100% even though I like it. :shakefist:

But I guess I have to #dealwithit

i trophy hunt in the games i want to get 80% or more in, or stuff i hopefully can platinum in the future like FF7 (its backlogged for now), FF 15, Souls series (backlogged plat runs for now). But my biggest annoyance is wanting to play lots of games at once and not having enough time to finish them. Then when i do finish them, its like, maybe 10 new trophies. Just get a D rank on site. So my weakness would be too much variety in what i like, thus having too many games to play at once and rushing the shorter ones while awaiting the longer ones.

Online trophies of course because eventually they will become unobtainable. Trophies that require alot of players to complete.

Glitched trophies, Missable trophies, Speedrun trophies.

Mainly trophies where I need others to help because not everyone is online at the same time. I don't like setting a specific time for a game session but sometimes it's necessary.

is this topic about "your" weakness or trophies you hate?

my weakness is exaggeration and excessiveness, some time i repeat stupid mistakes instead learning/reading some guides

and online trophies as well,

Edited by nyantzu1986