Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

I agree partially with the online trophies. Some that require you to play a certain number of times on a game that receives minimal traffic is a pain. Killzone 2 has the hardest  multiplayer trophy I've ever come across "be in the top 1% for this week" and the closest I ever got was the top 3%. Some trophies I think they should just hand out and put a star next to them, signifying that they made a mistake when making the trophy. Some games are far to bland for me to even waste time on, and thus never get completed. Some grinding trophies are bearable, but only if they don't involve anything on online multiplayer.

• Like 1

I don't mind online trophies too much, apart from the ones that require you to attain a ridiculous objective - like 'be the number one player on the server for an entire week' as a hypothetical example.

My biggest peeve are broken trophies or trophies which are tricky out of placing rather than skill. As an example - Star Trek (which was a guilty purchase), has a completely broken co-op trophy which will never get fixed for anyone unfortunate enough to experience it.

Score based/challenge trophies I'm generally just not good enough to complete trophies that require you to get some kind of high score in something.  For example I'm probably never going to get the Batman Plats because I'm not that good.  Also trophies related to time attack things.  

I most dislike trophies that require some kinda of grinding/boosting, collectible trophies that are tied to collectables that do not provide any back story/purpose, and luck based trophies that you can either get in seconds or hours, and difficulty trophies that do not stack. Multiplayer trophies don't really bother me anymore.

Edited by CountFlame

Trophies that require optional hardware bother me quite a bit, It's not so bad with local multiplayer trophies now that I have a PS4, since I can use the Dualshock 4 as a second controller. However there are ridiculous ones out there, such as this from Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. It not only requires four expensive controllers but also three friends who are good at the game, or two online players with six more controllers between them.

If you need more equipment than the console, controller, tv and an internet connection to get a trophy, it's a bad one.

I'm not too fond of DLC trophies, either. That's more a problem with DLC, though. It's rare - if not impossible - for DLC to be good value for money. If I can pick up a full game for £5-20, I shouldn't be expected to pay £3 and up for something that probably took 5% of the time and money to create.

• Like 1

My general rule, is that if it takes more an hour or so of grinding, it's too much work and I don't care enough. With the exception of story related trophies. Also, untrackable trophies really get on my nerves.

It's the reason I haven't gotten the P4G plat yet. It's easy enough, but it takes entirely too long, and is incredibly boring having to either play directly from a guide or play through the game over and over just to get one or two trophies. I just don't want to spend 20 hours playing through just to be able to read all of the books in the game, or to spend 30 hours playing on hard mode for the possibility of getting enough Rise lines to make it to 250, only to make it to the end, not get the trophy, and have to do it all over again. 

I don't mind online trophies when its a game that has a pretty good multiplayer that has a long lifespan (CoD, Bf3, Bf4, Last of Us, Assassin's Creed)

Its when its a game that shouldn't really have had a multiplayer in the first place that annoys me (I haven't played the new tomb raider and looking forward to the PS4 version but my mates have told me its multiplayer was unnessceray)

When a trophy is bugged or glitch....now thats the thing I hate the most......*cough* sharing is caring AC4 *cough*

• Like 1

All of the above, plus "lets try to extend the time it take you have to play to get the trophies, DOUBLING the time of the game with repetitive "kill Adamantoise - get the loot you need? no! then reload save and try again 600 **************************ing times!!!! /rant

I will do this one day......

definitely trophies that requre a time to play, like my attention span isnt that long and i find myself getting bored of the game after playing soo long, examples of this are saints row 4, where you have to play 40 hours on one story, and im pretty sure in skyrim there was a 100 hours of gameplay trophy, and im like are you kidding me? 100 freakin hours? screw that i will stop playing well before the 100 hours is up

• Like 1

My younger brothers. They'll occasionally play a game I never will on my profile.

Games without New Game+ and chapter select.

Online trophies. But, that's mainly because Afghanistan has shitty internet and I can't play online. Takes twenty minutes just to sync trophies.

Yeah we know. You and everybody else on this website hates online trophies. Next thread please.

Or you can contribute to the thread instead of being a smartass. I've noticed that in a lot of your posts you seem to have a bad attitude and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop. If you don't want to contribute to the thread you don't have to, but don't post things like this again. Thanks.

Parker 

• Like 3