Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

It would make sense since COD is mainly popular for the online and a trophy for the highest rank would be appreciated. Tho I think you wouldn't go for a hypothetical dlc trophy of Bo 3 that requires you to reach level 1000 :awesome:

Well I'm on level 159 and counting. Many many many many hours on Black Ops. So I wouldn't mind an annoying trophy to reach level 1000  B)  What level you on

adding them is fine, it just seems like so many devs think their online modes are the best things ever and everyone will want to play them for months

Yes but if you don't want to play the game "for months" you just don't get the trophy. And this happens to just a few games like bf hard-line. The same thing happens for offline games to but no one complain.

Well I'm on level 159 and counting. Many many many many hours on Black Ops. So I wouldn't mind an annoying trophy to reach level 1000 B) What level you on

I did Stat reset on level 504 (there's a video showing it) then I started playing again and I'm level 140ish now. If I didn't reset I would be level 800 with the current stats. You can see the black ops grind effect on my trophies (check between December 2015 and July 2016) xD.
  • Like 1

My biggest weakness by far is playing a game too quickly and burning out after a first playthrough. Then when i return to it with no muscle/story memory and try and hammer it on the highest difficulty i get screwed until i can get enough practice in.

I don't mind online trophies per say, but I really hate that they become unattainable when servers inevitably shut down. I think it should be how it is in Perfect Dark: Zero, in that game you could earn all the online achievements against bots. So it was more general multiplayer achievements. Then again, most games don't have bots at all so... :(

I much prefer if it's just a "win a round of whatever" or "play online" like in Uncharted [at least until you hit DLC trophies].

I really hate grindy trophies, or trophies related to items that have really low drop rates on enemies that have low appearance rates. That's why I've yet to get the platinum in Ni no Kuni, the farming was just so tedious. :'( [and this stupid Pac-Man 256 trophy for upgrading all the abilities is horrid, the most boring grinding I've ever done, and I played
2013: Infected Wars and got all the trophies in it, one of which was a boring tedious grind, but at least it didn't require paying much attention to]. I actually don't mind if the game is fun and simple, like Run Sackboy Run, but rarely is it ever that fun. :/

Yes but if you don't want to play the game "for months" you just don't get the trophy. And this happens to just a few games like bf hard-line. The same thing happens for offline games to but no one complain.

I did Stat reset on level 504 (there's a video showing it) then I started playing again and I'm level 140ish now. If I didn't reset I would be level 800 with the current stats. You can see the black ops grind effect on my trophies (check between December 2015 and July 2016) xD.

So you did the "Dark Ops" on resetting. I wouldn't dream of doing that  ^_^

In regards to trophy hunting, I suppose my biggest weakness is not doing what I don't want to do.  It is why I have no plats for games with multiplayer elements, why I am one trophy shy of the plat in Bloodborne (hate chalice dungeons), etc.  Though it could be said this is more a survival instinct than a weakness, as I probably would have burned out long ago otherwise.

My biggest weakness when it comes to trophies is co-op trophies, I hate being unable to obtain a trophy by myself.

I also hate games with stupidly hard trophies, especially in fighting games like Street Fighter V or DoA 5 & 5+ (Beating 100 opponents on the hardest difficulty without dying).

Edited by itachi-destroyer

I'm terrible at fighting games, therefore trophies like Exercise Newbie in DoA5 are impossible to get.

I'm also pretty bad at cooperating with other players and because of that I will never have platinum in Destiny, even though I love this game.

Also, I dread things like Ultimate Skill missions in Yakuza 4 (I just can't do it) and, for example, Battle Challenges in Tales of Xillia 2 (Spicy Chain or whatever it's called).

For me it is discipline, i'm someone who is very easy distracted when i'm doing something that i am not obliged to do. At my job i don't have this problem.

Especially after a bad night sleep when my concentration is low i switch games every 15 minutes almost.

I really have trouble playing a game for longer then 2 hours in a row, doesn't matter how good it is.

Of course this also has to do with online and grinding which nobody likes but that's something that every trophy hunter has to deal with.

But the reason on top is also the reason why i have lots of easy platinums, they often are easy because they don't take long. Which is something i like.

I must say that before i started trophy hunting i didn't have this problem because i can remember very well that Skyrim was the game i could play for days in a row.

And that i'm easily distracted and quickly switch also means that games usually take much longer then the guide says. For example Crysis 1. Easy plat, i read on the internet that you can complete it in 1 day, probably 2. I did in 5,5 days. So that is my biggest weakness

Just like for many others, my weakness is online trophies. I don't always complete a game right away and when the server for a game with online trophies shuts down while I'm playing something else, I'm screwed. All trophies should be obtainable offline in local coop/PvP.

Other than online trophies, it's getting trophies when I no longer enjoy a game. Some of my games will remain forever incomplete, I no longer want to play them. This happens mostly when a game forces me to grind a lot. I don't mind it per se, but some games take it too far by forcing me to grind hundreds of hours.