Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

I don't mind online trophies but only in cases when they are easy to boost with one friend or done solo. I hate to wait for 6 players to be ready just to boost something. That's why even though I'm going for all trophies possible in games I play, online trophies in games like Crysis 2 or Far Cry 2 are impossible to get. Well, maybe if I buy 6x PS3 and 6 copies of game I will go for them xD.

For me there are 3 trophies that annoy me the most;

1. Online/Multiplayer trophies: While they do have their place in game (especially multiplayer based games like Overwatch and Battlefield) they are never easy as no matter how good you are, there's always someone better than you. And depending on the game (like street fighter 5 for me), everyone's better than you.

2.Grinding trophies: This can be hit and miss, if you enjoy the game (like destiny) this can be easily done. other games fortunately only ask you to reach a certain low level, like Doom and Battlefield 4 (it could have been worst). And then there are games that just take forever. It took 2 months for me to reach level 50 in Overwatch, and Star Wars battlefront is incredible slow to progress. RPG are the most notorious, but personal if I would give an award to the worst grind, then its World of Tank that would win.

3.Collectables trophies: Why is it that every new game recently has collectable trophies, is it like some unwritten rule of gaming or something. The worst are those that hide them extremely well like uncharted 4 and vanquish, and the fact you always have to use a guide.

"Thous must have Collectables trophies for thy player to look in every nook and cranny"

For me is online/multiplayer trophies....shooters or single player games that have a forced multiplayer added to it.

there are so many games i wanted to platinum but could not because of their crappy multiplayer...(Uncharted 2&3, Tomb-Raider) or because their servers were shut down! 

I do not mind collectible trophies or grind trophies, as long as they DO NOT require online! 

mannysevenDX.png

looking things up online  I hate when I have to look up how to do a certain thing ingame and I realize that wow it was right infront of me the wholetime and sometimes I get the unfortunate "in order to do this thing for the trophy you have to do it perfectly or you gotta have skills to perform that task "

Online trophies that require grinding and need boosting.Like levelling in Tomb Raider or getting the treasures in Uncharted 3.I don't mind grinding/farming.I don't love it but it will not break me.But finding someone to do those trophies from start to finish is very hard.I had to boost with several people,explaining every time the methods,trying to find a rhythm,oh the horror

I can't be bothered to save.  So in games where you have to save, or where check points are ages apart (Rage) I take forever to get through levels because I can't pull myself away a few second to pause or I don't think about it until I die AGAIN!

oh yeah online, racing and blah blah blah cliche answer.  Oh, also, I have found I am not as good at gaming as I thought, so skill trophies...  sad face...

I don't mind trophies that require grinding. In fact, I find it pretty relaxing since you can do other stuff when it's happening like watching anime, listening to podcasts, etc. As long as it's spaced out, I can handle it. I have a lot of patience, so skill based trophies usually aren't a big deal to me either. I love the feeling of satisfaction after doing something truly difficult. As long as it's not Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, it's hard for me to give up on it. :P

My one true weakness in trophy hunting is online trophies. It's a generic answer, I know, but there's good reasons for it. The biggest issue is that it involves OTHER PEOPLE (truly horrifying). At least with other trophies, it all comes down to your own willpower, but that's not the case with online trophies. You have to rely on other people, and they can be unpredictable. If the multiplayer is dead, that usually requires setting up a boosting session which has its own host of problems. I'm also not a fan of most online games, and I prefer playing games solo. The other big issue with online trophies is that you have to rely on the servers and what not. That's another thing I don't have any control over. The devs could decide to shut the servers down one day without warning, and you wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. It just adds unwanted pressure to something that's already kind of stressful.

So basically, if a trophy relies on things outside of my control, then screw it. :P

I don't really have any weaknesses that come from the games themselves that much compared to physical stress on the body.

I did a lot of combat sports/martial arts growing up and ended up with 18 years of MMA experience... which came with some wear and tear, especially on the hands.

Even with great reflexes and hand-eye coordination, the (slight) nerve damage in some fingers on my right hand and the fact that that same right hand had been shattered in a freak accident makes very muscle oriented trophies (like DLs Parkour Fever) harder to do as fatigue and weakened muscles completely negate reflexes/speed/coordination.

That being said, still managed to 100% DL and got the DiRT Rally plat (w/ controller). Just have to space some sessions out and literally "cool off the guns." B)

EDIT: I think online trophies is a given because of the random nature of people, but I agree. I like playing with people, I like being social just don't force me to do it, and in frustrating ways too.

Edited by The_Apex_Badger

• 2 years later...

My weakness is not being able to play a game unless I'm popping trophies at a moderate rate.

I feel like if I'm not earning any trophies, I'm failing as a trophy hunter. It's very difficult to 100% games that require me to develop skill for trophies or 100% trophy lists that contain long stretches were you don't earn trophies.

I hope I'll be able to overcome my weakness and not require constant gratification in the future.

• Like 3

Currently playing Erica, a game that doesn't have a lot of actual "gameplay" and requires at least 6 playthroughs. Additionally, the game doesn't let you go back to correct any errors if you forgot to do something or missed a choice, so you have to start an entirely new playthrough to get the one(s) you missed. It's tedious and I just don't have the patience.

I'll bite.

My weakness is doing too many games at the same time...particularly around this time of year--which I typically call gamepocalypse (insert year)--when all the big releases come out and I inevitably buy all of them and try to complete them too. Leads to a lot of incomplete games on my previous profile. Unfortunately I have fallen into the trend again with my new 100% profile here. ?

Eventually I'll get caught up but it does hurt my trophy hunting ego a bit.

Not really a weakness but my only gripe is Online Trophies. Should not exist.

- They are effectively timed

- They are likely RNG

- Servers shut down means no platinum.

I think that all online trophies should be optional additions or Sony must require developers to have a patch that will auto pop online trophies if in an event the servers are shut down.

• Like 1