Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

Games that make you play multiple playthroughs on different difficulties. I don't mind playing on the hardest difficulty, but I do mind having to beat a game two or three times just to unlock the hardest difficulty. 

The only time I don't mind playing through a game multiple times is when it allows me to make different choices and have different and distinct outcomes to the game à la the Mass Effect series.

Honestly, I am my own worst enemy when trophy hunting... I buy too many games and get sidetracked too easily. I had a pile of about 500 games when I was on Xbox, that I never finished... But planned to... But then Microsoft didn't give me the money that my games on windows phone made and I switched.

When I got my PS4 I had about 80 PS3 games to play... I just can't help myself.. I buy too many..

The only time I really ever get a platinum is if it's a relatively easy game, a very addictive game... Or there's a big gap with no new releases

• Like 1

I tend to think grindy trophies are lame, and are just a way to pad out a game.

I also dislike collectible trophies, since they tend to be kinda lazy and there's usually no map or device that lets you know where they are. An example, I feel, of how to do them right is Arkham Asylum and City. Both games let you find the riddles and collectibles on your map, and they tend to have puzzle elements which help to engage the player. Except for the fact that those Goddamn Teeth never get marked in the first game, leading to much endless wondering. Thank god that got fixed.

Online trophy is ok for me as long as it is not terribly grindy and they setup a good and stable server to compensate to their demand (online trophy). Grindy trophies are quite ok, I hate it tho, but it will come naturally if you put effort into it, maybe it's just a matter of time issue before you get it.

What I despise most is the adhoc only trophy, what were the devs thinking when they come up with this idea of a trophy ? not everyone live close to a huge population of gamer, or not everyone is interested with or have the same game.

Online trophies, I almost had my would have been First Platinum trophy for Lord of the Rings: Conquest but the servers were shut down so I can't get online and gain the last of my trophies.....The Good news is that Hyperdimension Neptunia was my First Platinum trophy instead :)

• Like 1

I like online trophies as long as they're not a boring grind. I would have loved to see a Prestige 10 trophy on every Cod.

I would like that too.

That would help to stop people buying CoD.

Same fucking game over and over.

Force the developers to make something new by not buying it please!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

DLC trophies are my weakness, it doesn't matter if they are offline, online, single, or multiplayer. That yay! feeling one gets after celebrating getting that hard earned 100% only to get your dreams become obliterate by a weeks' later of upcoming DLC news that it is overpriced and doesn't really add much and/or with ridiculous requirements is so... :'-(

• Like 2

MP trophies, mainly because I have a crappy connection, wich I share with ny neghbor,  that means I can only play at certain times of the day, wich make them last longer that they should be. I know Persona 4 Arena trophies are going to be a pain to obtain with my crappy connection, but it's the price I have to pay....

Edited by Arkthur_us

Mine? Online trophies. They're 97% of the time the grindiest trophies in the game. The community is always crap with a bullshit salad. I almost only have internet on the weekend AND you gotta love bad servers! That's why I'll more then likely never plat a LittleBigPlanet game (I'd love to though).

do what i do have multiple profile i have one with the games i want to 100%  and know i will enjoy playing and another for everything else gaming online (not getting trophies)  trying new games playing campaign games which i dont want to play online that have online trophies that way i get to complete the capaign and not bother with trophies i have a bit off ocd and like to have a high completion. i also have separate profileoughe for my kids. problem solved

Collectibles that basically require use of a guide are very annoying and chore like to me. I don't mind MP trophies but ones that are virtually impossible to get without boosting are pretty annoying (such as AEOM in AC:B, AWP in GTA4, OMMA in UFC2010...) Boosting, just like using a guide for getting collectibles is when gaming becomes a chore.

Honorouble mention for luck based trophies. Generally in my experience these trophies don't take so much time to be really frustrating, but Borderlands 2.....)

Stupid money trophies like on fifa 13

You can get any pack and etc with FUT money ._. U problably think u need credit and money but those are 2 options u can choose.

Dunno about you guys but i usually hate the long grinding multiplayer trophies i.e example; getting 10,000 kills with an RPG, achieve rank 100, finish TOP 10 on the leaderboards, etc..

Not saying they are not still easy to get though. Just takes a little bit of time.

Resistance 2 and killzone 2 Edited by BUwUNY