Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

I'll always hate the online level grind, there are not that many games where I want to get to level whatever Tomb Raider was the worst of those :angry: . Then there are collectables, I can tolerate them somewhat if there is something in game that shows what you have or you can at least return to a previous area and not be locked out of it requiring a second play through. Then there are luck based item drops the wonderful feeling of knowing that you can only get an item you need from a certain monster. It can drop the 1st time you fight it or the 500th time. Stuff like this sucks the fun out of some games I really enjoyed, but it is the price you pay if you want the Plat.

1. Luck-based trophies

2. Online trophies that require you to be insanely good. (In terms of games for me, only RE5 fits this but I go for the platinum, not 100%)

3. Non stackable difficulty trophies (Still have to do two more runs of KHFM)

4. Choosing what game I should platinum next (I'm going to be in trouble after Fallout 3)

The only trophies that usually stop me from getting platinum are difficulty ones. Spec ops' FUBAR immediately comes to mind, I just don't have the patience to sit there and keep dying over and over again and not having any fun, I'd rather just go play something else.

I have to agree, Spec Ops Fubar difficultly was insane. After the cut scene when the main solider falls down a buidling and his partners are stuck behind, trying to find a way down.  I was stuck by myself with a pistol and a clip of ammo. I must of died 45 times before I decided to call it quits.

Shitty games... I hate starting a game and finding out it is crappy/boring an hour or two into it. Resident Evil 5 and Brink are some examples.

I don't care about the online trophies, so long as I like the online component. Last of Us, Batman Arkham Origins are a couple of examples of games that had multiplayer that I really enjoyed (even though Batman was buggy as fuck when it first came out). Adversely, some games like NHL and CoD have multiplayer modes I hate and don't have the time or patience for.

Mine is the trophys were you have to collect 100% of items as of South Park The Stick Of Truth because i can't stand trying to find all friends and collecting every costume and armor which there are more games i have which are like that.

.h0BA33507.gif

demonoid321.png

Edited by demonoid321

• Luck based trophies.

Online straight wins in ranked. - Due to rage quitters or trophy guides that promote quitting if you're losing, one reason I prefer player match trophies just play with friends.

Play hour trophies... I hated the 40 hours in Saints Row IV I had everything completed long before it.

I would also have to say online trophies. I don't always play games when they come out. For example, I just played Dead Island for the first time. The online servers only have a few people playing this game. Grinding trophies can be hassle if they take forever. Killing two hundred monsters is fine, but don't give me a trophy for 10,000 and make it a bronze lol

• 2 weeks later...

Actually going for the platinum after completing the game. this is evident of Borderlands, Saints Row, Far Cry 3, grid 2, Burnout Paradise. aAll games on my list that are above 90% but I don't have the motivation to get them. Plus online trophies I have less than 5%....

online trophies when you have a crappy team it's hard to earn wins so its a pain you have to go HAM and be a tryhard high Kd's horrible winning ratios 

Grinding trophies, as well as online-related trophies.

whats the name of the anime of that Gif pic you have on you're signature?

Edited by SleeppingForest

online trophies when you have a crappy team it's hard to earn wins so its a pain you have to go HAM and be a tryhard high Kd's horrible winning ratios 

whats the name of the anime of that Gif pic you have on you're signature?

Yup. I rarely play multiplayer, and I don't have friends to play with, so if I'm trying to get online trophies, well, they're a pain in the ass. That, or trying to go after online trophies when anyone rarely plays the multiplayer on a game, like 'Fear 2', or me trying to connect to a match in 'Tomb Raider' or 'Batman: Arkham Origins', takes forever to find an active session on these games. And gif is from the anime 'Toradora!'