Your weakness in trophy hunting.

DoktaC4ibby

Luck based trophies, when it comes to those I have the crappiest luck, I can deal with grindy trophies since your guaranteed to get it if you put enough time into it.

Oh & on-line trophies (like no one hasn't said it yet) since I'm stuck with satellite internet.

• Like 1

Mine? Online trophies. They're 97% of the time the grindiest trophies in the game. The community is always crap with a bullshit salad. I almost only have internet on the weekend AND you gotta love bad servers! That's why I'll more then likely never plat a LittleBigPlanet game (I'd love to though).

funny you mention it, cuz that's what i'm doing right now (it helps if you boost) (boosting = talking with people in a gaming session and asking for heart4heart, you go and do it for all their stuff and they do it back, thurst me just shut up and do it, it can go faster then you might think)

My current weaknesses are:

Cheapdeathfest (also known as Eggmanland hot dog mission in Sonic Unleashed)

Atlus level of difficulty (Persona 4 Arena) (seriously, they seem to think that making hard games is a contest or something)

I could include online grind in lbp but it's going pretty smooth so i won't.

The bigger issue for me is the lack of game, since i live and Brasil and i'm usually broke/trying to buy a 3DS/take your pick   i never have money for the games or DLCs i want.

I do not really hate online trophies that much (unless they are an insane grind). 

The most annoying trophies to me are ones that are luck based. This comes to mind because recently I was trying to get a turkey in gta 4. I it took me forever  :facepalm:

I also do not like really boring games. I have some games on my account that friends played, but I do not like them. I want to get trophies in them but they are just so boring  :shakefist:

Look for a user named Sonny0123456 (that's the old me) and see the trophy list, save for Resident evil 5 and God of war 3 every game you see there that isn't on my current list isn't mine. (But the Assassin's Creed games and Asura's Wrath were my doing, borrowed games)

Online trophies....they're a disrespect with us gamers and trophy hunters...a goddamn disrespect...because devs think we got time to spare playing their stupid online...and plus when you got too much backlog and the servers of some games are closing...you gotta rush up and go after those muthafuckin online trophies...like the situation going on now with gamespy....what a hustle.

At least they could remove the online trophies requirement to plat the game when the servers close...yeah I know that ain't happening but one can dream.

As for my weakness in trophy hunting it would have to be the time trails,my reflexes/timing aren't the best at this so called golden age.

Also the online one's where there is no chance in hell I'm going to level up or get wins without getting my butt kicked by all the skilled gamers.
Nothing more discouraging than getting killed by someone waiting at a respond area,even before taking that first step(DEAD,again).Lack of experience is my downfall in the gaming world but as they say,never to old to learn.

Edited by electrifryer

Online Trophies- Mostly because I am terrible at online multiplayer games in general, Dead Community, or servers could go offline and it would bother me if I had all the single player trophies and the thing says 97% or something like that and the one thing preventing me from platinum would be an online trophies

Think Armored Core 5 is now impossible to platinum, but I didn't plan on it anyways.

Right Now Gummie Ship Trophies on KH I hate those missions.

Time Based Trophies.

And Online Trophies.- Haven't started Bioshock 2 yet because I have no idea if the online BS2 servers are still up and people are still playing.-Feel like a ass now for buying BS2 ultimate edition with all the DLC in it if the servers are down.

And outside of online trophies some others I just thought about

Some that require me to memorize something for a short period Time like the How to Train Your Dragon Precise Trophy. Okami- Only the Blockhead Grande gave me trouble so those kinds of things

Plus I don't care too much for Time Trial things either, Unless the Time required to finish something is reasonable. I don't mind doing the collectable trophies or Play on a Higher Difficult ones either.

My biggest weakness in trophy hunting is got to be those very long grinding trophies in games you get bored of pretty fast. An example would be playing a game that requires you to play the single player four times, and after only one play through, your already bored. It's easy but so boring. 

• Like 2

Multi-player DLC. I am not a fan of MP, mainly because of the behavior of the MP community at large. But if a game comes with a small handful of MP trophies, I'll give it a shot (re: Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, etc). What bothers me is after I have done that, a multiplayer DLC comes out (Uncharted series, I am looking at you). I don't have enough interest to spend countless hours on MP just for trophies, especially when I already platted and 100% the game prior to the DLC (Uncharted 3 was that game). I'm not against MP DLC. I understand the same old maps get dull, stale, and boring. But adding trophies to them makes the experience less enjoyable.

• Like 1

Definitely speedrun trophies, I honestly don't see the point in them, would they not rather me taking my time and enjoying the game they worked on or me speeding through it all because of a dumb trophy requirement?

And of course online trophies mainly because I prefer playing alone and you have to get them fast before a lot of people stop playing the game

Trophies involving luck.

The bane of my existence being "Demolition man" in Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Gotta get 20 kills by means of having a building collapse on them.

Here's why:

1. Buildings take 10 seconds to fall completely. Which gives you pleeeeenty of time to escape.

2. No way to knock them down instantly. You need a wackload of C4 WITH the explosives specialty on the most delicate places of a building just to gut them.

3. You could blow it to smithereens with tank, but in doing that you make it incredibly obvious that you shouldn't go inside the thing. Not only that, but you could also bring it down by accident, thus rendering that building useless.

4. C4 needs to be in a place were they can't be seen or kill anyone inside once detonated. Which can very often be nowhere.

5. It's pretty obvious when the building is coming down. Your screen with shake, your controller with vibrate wildly, a loud GRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN sound can be heard and someone always loudly says "BUILDING'S COMING DOWN".

Playing this game for 4 years, I have reached max level, unlocked every gun in every DLC, mastered every game mode and not once have i ever, EVER gotten a kill by having a building fall on them. I have unlocked every single trophy. Except the "Demolition man" trophy. 99% on BFBC2. And now, in 3 weeks time, i will lose this trophy forever because it's online is shutting down for good.

Trophies involving luck.

The bane of my existence being "Demolition man" in Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Gotta get 20 kills by means of having a building collapse on them.

Here's why:

1. Buildings take 10 seconds to fall completely. Which gives you pleeeeenty of time to escape.

2. No way to knock them down instantly. You need a wackload of C4 WITH the explosives specialty on the most delicate places of a building just to gut them.

3. You could blow it to smithereens with tank, but in doing that you make it incredibly obvious that you shouldn't go inside the thing. Not only that, but you could also bring it down by accident, thus rendering that building useless.

4. C4 needs to be in a place were they can't be seen or kill anyone inside once detonated. Which can very often be nowhere.

5. It's pretty obvious when the building is coming down. Your screen with shake, your controller with vibrate wildly, a loud GRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN sound can be heard and someone always loudly says "BUILDING'S COMING DOWN".

Playing this game for 4 years, I have reached max level, unlocked every gun in every DLC, mastered every game mode and not once have i ever, EVER gotten a kill by having a building fall on them. I have unlocked every single trophy. Except the "Demolition man" trophy. 99% on BFBC2. And now, in 3 weeks time, i will lose this trophy forever because it's online is shutting down for good.

If it's like medal of honor can't you just find a bunch of people and boost it?

If it's like medal of honor can't you just find a bunch of people and boost it?

I tried that. I have no means of communicating with them once they are on the other team and they usually get killed by something else or panic and flee the building out of instinct.

Plus you need a minimum of 8 to make a private match.