What horror movie bothered you the most?

Wade_VC

Just as the title states, what horror movie bothered you the most.

For me the one that instantly come to mind is George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead.

The first time I saw this movie I was 7 years old, and I saw it on it's national TV debut (1972) on our local Creature Features (KTVU-Channel 2, San Francisco; Bob Wilkins host). I have to tell you, this was one of the most frightening and disturbing movies to me at the time. (And it still holds up well all these years later)

As a 7 year old, let me tell you, the dark was never the same after watching this fright-fest, which remains as one of my top 5 classic horror movies of all time.

• Like 1

28639_Darkness%20Falls%20movie.jpg

Darkness-Falls-tooth-fairy.jpg

certain parts of it was just freaky.

the scares were well placed.

I mean, if you want your lady to act like a little girl,

ya know what I mean, grabbing you tight, turning and jumping in her seat.

this the movie.

some advice, to save you the embarrassment,

I recommend you watch it by yourself 1st.

:P

The rack trap in Saw III and the car trap in Saw VII made me nauseous. The rack trap was really sick, but I think what grossed me out about the car trap was the fact that you got bombarded with 3D in that scene. :unsure: Robert DeNiro was pretty damn creepy in the Cape Fear remake. I think Max Cady is creepier than Hannibal Lecter IMO.

Paranormal Activity. And the sad part? I haven't even seen it.

I remember watching the trailer and getting scared already. Then my friend went and saw it and described it to me one night. The reason it really gets to me is because I let my imagination run wild. I constantly think about the subject matter and freak out. The Blair Witch Project didn't scare me nearly as much, because I'm often not in the woods. So in that case, I enjoyed the movie, as I do with most movies filmed documentary style.

I wish I could lie and say it was something amazing like The Thing, The Blob, NOTLD but I'd be lying, The horror film that affected me the most, would be the first one I remember seeing.

It was the early 80's and we still had a Betamax (far superior to VHS) and my mum pointed to a video and said that I could not watch it under any circumstances... Of course you say that to a kid and they are instantly intrigued. A few mornings later before my parents were up, I popped Halloween (may have been the second one, can't remember) into the player expecting witches, pumpkins and ghosts at an acceptable level to a child of my age (maybe 5 at the time?)...

...What I got was an early mental scar that had me so scared, everytime I went to bed I had to make sure that my whole body was under the covers, including my head and that the curtains were closed properly... why...?

I was convinced that Michael Myers flew around in a helicopter at night looking for kids to kill, and if I did those two things he would never catch me... and he never did.

1 - 0 to me, Myers.

As for my parents, they locked all videos away after finding out. :(

Oh and Screech, I totally get you on Arachnophobia. It did the same to me for years, but thats another story.

I wish I could lie and say it was something amazing like The Thing, The Blob, NOTLD but I'd be lying,

A few mornings later before my parents were up, I popped Halloween

I dunno'...although not my most bothersome horror movie, for those of us who saw Halloween when it was released, there is no doubt this one had some creepy, spooky, make-you-look-over-your-shoulder moments for sure! It may be dated now, but at the time...yeah, creepy as fuck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Paranormal activity 1 and 2, because, I found them really average, I saw facebook posts from others who had the shit scared outta them from it. And I just Couldnt understand why people were so scared of it.... (havent seen 3)