What horror movie bothered you the most?

Wade_VC

The movie that most scared me and still has me scared at night time whenever I think about it or watch it is ( The Thirteen Ghost ) if anyone has seen that movie than you know why that movie is scary as sh!t.

I was 7 when I saw it,now I'm 18 and I still get scared at night time whenever I think of it.

I watch pretty much every horror movie that comes out, but recently watched Cannibal Holocaust.

Never had so much trouble getting through the movie, the gore was fine but the scenes of rape and all the animal cruelty (all of which was real) was a bit much.

Certainly not something I'd recommend as a "Date Movie" lol

I had a hard time watching that too.

It's definitely not for the faint of heart & weak stomach vomiting-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I had a hard time watching that too.

It's definitely not for the faint of heart & weak stomach vomiting-onion-head-emoticon.gif

My friends have told me about that movie o_0.

I saw just a few clips online and cringed- don't think I could see that movie or would have a hard time to.

Animal cruelity is on top of my pet peev list.

But for watching it here have a trophy.

:gold: The Other White Meat.- Watched Cannibal Holocaust.

• Like 2

I lived with my grandparents when I was growing up. They would always fall asleep in their armchairs with the TV on at night. I snuck down once to watch late night TV and it happened to be The Exorcist. It gave me nightmare fuel for about 15 years until I studied it as part of a university course. It still bothers me, but not as much.

The one that really REALLY bothers me nowadays is Hostel. Seriously f**k everything about this movie. Made me uncomfortable, nauseous and removed a large part of Eastern Europe from my holiday plans haha. I'm pretty resilient towards scary stuff nowadays, but Hostel...good god that film was horrific and was literally made to shock people as much as possible.

Other movies that put fear into me growing up:

- Poltergeist

- A Nightmare on Elm Street

- The Thing

- Prince of Darkness

- Candyman

- Event Horizon

• Like 1

Maybe Saw. I love the series, macabre, and horror, but certain traps bother me. Like the one that has the woman's hair. Or the needles and wrist traps in II.

Or The Grudge. Haven't seen the Japanese version, but ghosts tend to get me more than any other horror gimmick. I also watched that movie either before I got into horror or during the early years of my watching it.

"The Evil Dead" scared and creeped the shit outta me. Doesn't scares me anymore, but it's still really creepy. Man, I'm surprised with how disturbing the movie still is, with the quality it has, the eery feeling of the environment setting that can be encountered 'round the cabin, and with how grotesque the demons/spirits are. Everything about the movie is creepy, the music, the quality the movie is shot in, the plot, the spirits, the setting of the place, etc. One of my favorite horror movies of all time. Am not a fan of the second and third movie though, in which the second movie I basically a reboot, and the third one is a sequel to the second movie. I did love the new reboot of the original Evil Dead, which came out two years ago. Still not as amazing as the original, though.

"The Thing" is my second favorite horror movie of all time, and, that movie never scared me, if I'm to be frank. But it creeped the hell outta me, and it grossed me out, it still grosses me out, with how graphic the aliens are, and how some of them kill their victims, like how one opens its stomach when pretending to be one of the humans, and basically bites off the arm of one of the humans it's trying to kill. They really remind you of the necromorphs of Dead Space, in which I guess "The Thing" did inspire Dead Space, or maybe not. The prequel for the "The Thing" was very good, but nowhere near as good as the original, nor as creepy or gross as the original. The original movie is still creepy as fuck, in that movie, you really know how isolated the humans feel, and are.

Edited by Ethan Mars

My friends have told me about that movie o_0.

I saw just a few clips online and cringed- don't think I could see that movie or would have a hard time to.

Animal cruelity is on top of my pet peev list.

But for watching it here have a trophy.

:gold: The Other White Meat.- Watched Cannibal Holocaust.

Thanks happy-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Animal cruelty is my #1 pet peeve as wellhate-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I had to watch some anime as platelet cleaners after watching the film.

I've seen so many horror movies over the years, nothing about them even makes me flinch anymore. But there was one that disturbed me last year. I believe it was called "Silent Night", a movie about a killer santa claus. There's a scene where he chases a topless woman down and puts her into a tree shredder alive. That was just gruesome and disturbing.

Another movie that scared the hell out me was Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

It's more Sci Fi than horror but it scared me none the less.

I was a kid when I watched it,I didn't sleep for daysscared-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I still remember the "screams" the pod people make when they spot a human shock1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Hmm, there's not really a lot of horror movies that bother me anymore, but the ending of Paranormal Activity where the body is suddenly launched at the campera made me jump the very first time I saw it. I also find myself having to look away a few times when I'm watching some of the Saw movies. Some of those traps are just brutal.

It's not technically a horror movie, only a thriller, but it has one scene that's stuck with me since I've seen it and makes me sick,

Dread (2009) - Essentially it's about a college psych experiment that deals with fear, specifically dread. As part of it, they get volunteers to explain what their worst fears are and why, on camera. One character 'snaps' and subjects people to these. I can't say much more without spoiling a major part of the movie, but there was a scene where you just expect him to be killed, and it's horrible but it's just death. Then he shifts slightly and he's not killing him at all, he's torturing him with the worst nightmare he always feared would come back.

(It's a brilliant movie though because that scene filled me with the exact gutwrenching feeling of dread and horror the movie is about).

• 2 weeks later...

Horror movies don't bother me anymore but when I was younger (Aged 9) I stayed up with my older brother and watched Halloween. Michael Myers scared the life out of me when I was a kid so I'd say that movie was the worst for me but only because of my age. I can watch it now and laugh. 

1. When I was really, really young....I remember not being tired one night, sneaking out of bed and watching "Nosferatu' on the Vhs.

I forever regretted that decision 0__o

(& While there are plenty of others that bothered me/disturbed my sleeping habits, like the 'Grudge'....F that movie >__< one that I haven't seen mentioned yet, was--)

2. 'The Fourth Kind'.

Say whatever you want about it, but for some reason this movie just got under my skin. My jacket was my shield. Totally wussed out....Idk...I guess the levitating, the possessions & the mouths agape got to me.

I have seen alot of horrors but VHS 2 stands out as the most fucked up of them all, not scary just FUCKED UP, no other way to describe it, I highly recommend it, the 1st one and 3rd are ok but just start with the 2nd they have no story anyway.