What horror movie bothered you the most?

Wade_VC

I've been watching scary movies a long time, so not many get to me (or at least the whole movie won't, just some parts will)....my cousins and I were literally the reason my grandfather had to lock up his movie stash, we kept getting curious and pulling 'em out and by the time gram found out we were watching a horror movie it was too late and we were already guaranteed on nightmares xD

But, some of the ones that DID (all original except Grudge...it's not Japanese version) get me were IT (the clown, I swear...I hate clowns now....), Nightmare on Elm Street (I stayed up as late as I could that night...I have a nasty habit of turning off lights and watching horrors at night), Alien (most of them), and The Grudge (but only the first time I watched it...when I watched it after with my mom cat-boy was the only thing that gave me the creeps).

As a kid I was afraid of dogs, so watching "Cujo" didn't really help me get over that fear.

After that I seemed to not have learned my lesson because I watched "Man's Best Friend" too.

A more recent movie that kinda bothered me was 'Shadow People". Because I sometimes have this lucid dream about a shadowy figure

(sometimes an invisible force) standing over me trying to kill me, while I'm paralyzed I have to fight hard to be able to move and wake up.

Sometimes I even start levitating (in the dream not in real life :P ). The thing is even though I know I'm dreaming it still feels so real.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Creep Show" freaked me out when I was younger, specifically the segment with the roaches. All I remember is this guy in this super clean house, everything white including his wardrobe and out of nowhere a bunch of roaches appear. Gave me nightmares for a while, I woke my sisters up a couple of nights screaming "Get them out of my bed!".

Funny thing is there were much scarier parts in that movie and they didn't affect me at all.

I would have to say I Spit on Your Grave. A lot of rape and violence. Was very disturbing

Oh god this. I thought I was going to throw up and felt sick just thinking about it for days afterwards. I saw the recent remake not the 70s version.

I actually got super freaked out from the trailer to Paranormal Activity 2. I was ok watching the actual movie but part of it on the trailer really freaked me out.

the wife getting yanked down the stairs

Edited by Hemiak

The only "horror" that really bothers me is the senseless killing, brutal flicks..

Hostel, Saw, I Spit on Your Grave, Cannibal Holocaust.. these are extremely disturbing movies, but not much horror to them, mostly disgust and confusion with an attempted point to the violent horror.

Some great scary films that are doing it right, Sixth Sense, The Grudge, Conjuring.

Its really hard for me to find a good horror movie. I've seen many of them and most of the time, there is no reaction from me.. jump scares are becoming way predictable. Though, I must say I really started to dislike gore movies.. Hostel, Saw, The Hills Have Eyes and such. Sick and pointless carnage. I like those, creepy ones like Dead Silence.

The one movie that bothered me the most is called Mirrors (2008). I think it was in the first half of the movie where this chick dies in the bathroom. Don't want to spoil it or anything but that death bothered me so much I instantly closed the movie and just said fuck. this. shit. Never seen the end of it.

It wasn't that scary or anything but I kinda like the actress and usually you can see her in comedies, you know.. happy movies. It felt weird in my head, my stomach and my heart.

It didn't exactly bother me, but I saw It Follows earlier today. It was pretty enjoyable. I loved the music and tone of the movie (sounded sort of like an 80s slasher flick), but it wasn't scary, and the pacing and storytelling felt a little awkward. Recommended though.

I'm not really bothered by horror, unless it sucks. In that regard, that Chinese movie Eye was the most bothersome.

The closest I've ever come to being bothered by subject matter was for some Japanese movie (whose name I don't remember) where a woman posed as a single, only to trap men, cut off their limbs, and make them into human pets. It felt like a faux snuff picture more than anything.

Horror movies never really bothered me for the most part, but when I was a kid I was afraid of Tarman from the Returning of the Living Dead, the Chatterer from Hellraiser, and Kayako from Ju-on/The Grudge. 

Horror movies are pretty terrible nowadays outside a few movies a year. At least in the 80s and 90s, it was an entertaining type of terrible. The movies now are all reliant on boring jump scares. 

This one

p8313402_p_v7_aa.jpg

I think we hit the nail on the head

Cant remember a time when gore and jump movies bothered me, it's always been more of that mindfuck psychological twist, so here goes:

The Cell

The Perfect Host

Momento

What Happened to Baby Jane

Seven

Also one that just made me squirm was the remake of I Spit on Your Gave

Edit : Can't forget The Decent

Edited by Nikoyi