saviour of the tockles' scriptures trophy

I have completed all 29 of the quests in Tickington and the doors to the hall of remembrance are open. Do I have to complete the altar of an elusive age to get the trophy or is mine bugged? I am asking this because one of the guides I looked at said I only needed to complete all 29 quests for the trophy to pop. Thanks.

don't worry i realised what i did wrong lol

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware, after you finish every altar (except for the Elusive Age), you should get the trophy as soon as you leave Tickington. 

However, you still need to do the Elusive Age altar in order to unlock the secret optional boss.

I'm not 100% sure since I'm still finishing the 40 side quests trophy to actually defeat the true final boss and finally finish Tickington (there's that one quest that requires an item only obtainable after beating the final boss and it's the only one I haven't finished yet)

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2021 at 9:41 PM, Roxband said:

As far as I'm aware, after you finish every altar (except for the Elusive Age), you should get the trophy as soon as you leave Tickington. 

However, you still need to do the Elusive Age altar in order to unlock the secret optional boss.

And you need to beat the bosses in the first three parts of this altar to get Serena's Scarlet Catsuit, which is needed for Dedicated Fashion Follower.

Sorry I yelled, but the third part of that altar is BRUTAL. You have to deal with two very nasty bosses and then you are badly wounded and low on resources when they immediately throw another two bosses which are even nastier at you. (One of them has instant death attacks so you need to get rid of him because you need everyone equipped with two +3 Catholicon Rings to avoid getting statused up the wazoo by one of the first bosses in this fight.) I wiped even at Level 99.

But to get this trophy you mention, it will pop once you complete the last of the quests in the books, which will always be Curse Got Your Tongue? if you do every other quest because as the quest-giver says, you have to be a hero who has saved his world... in no light terms, this means you have to beat the final boss of the entire game and create a clear game save. (It'll show a star next to the file name.) Once you do that and re-enter Tickington, the Tockle near the portal will start a cutscene saying he found something on the ground which is the nectar you need to complete that quest. So chances are that once you do that quest and leave and the cutscene plays where the stairway appears, the accolade will pop and then the trophy. I know from experience. If the Hall of Rememberance is open for you and the trophy hasn't popped, then your game is bugged and I have no idea how to fix it. :(