Jump to content

Do they really expect me to pay $59.99 for Repentance DLC?


Eternal21

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, NewDust said:

For PS4 you can buy the Repentance DLC ($19.99), but only if you already have both the Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ DLC.

For PS5 you are required to buy the Repentance edition.

 

Thanks.  Found it on Playstation store: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2103-CUSA00792_00-BOIREPENTANCEPS4

 

For some reason it does not show up on PSPrices (I can only find the full game there).  Will wait another week, hopefully we'll get a sale, before buying it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was browsing my wishlist a few minutes ago and to my surprise the Repentance DLC is now displayed as unavailable, it wasable to be purchased some days ago. It says that it's required to buy Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. I hope this is an termporary error, otherwise I won't buy it since I already have the Afterbirth+ disc edition and won't play the game at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I was browsing my wishlist a few minutes ago and to my surprise the Repentance DLC is now displayed as unavailable, it wasable to be purchased some days ago. It says that it's required to buy Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. I hope this is an termporary error, otherwise I won't buy it since I already have the Afterbirth+ disc edition and won't play the game at all.

There seem to be issues with the disc version and I guess that is why they might have altered the purchase requirements. Edmund says they are working on it, but this is Nicalis we are talking about, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

 

Source

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

I was browsing my wishlist a few minutes ago and to my surprise the Repentance DLC is now displayed as unavailable, it wasable to be purchased some days ago. It says that it's required to buy Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. I hope this is an termporary error, otherwise I won't buy it since I already have the Afterbirth+ disc edition and won't play the game at all.

 

Just in case, I checked and bought it now.  It worked for me, but I'm pretty sure I own both digital and disc versions of Afterbirth+, so that's probably why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, Eternal21 said:

 

Just in case, I checked and bought it now.  It worked for me, but I'm pretty sure I own both digital and disc versions of Afterbirth+, so that's probably why.

 

Yeah, since you bought previous DLCs digitally you can purchase the most recent one. Is still displayed as unavailable for me and now I can't even remove it from my wishlist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume they made the Repentance DLC only available if you bought Afterbirth+ (which itself is only available is you bought Afterbirth) because the DLCs are additive to the last one released, not just separate packages of content you can get. Because of this, the physical PS4 version of Afterbirth+ wouldn't be able to get the Repentance DLC without buying AB and AB+ since the disc still shows the game as only Rebirth. The only way to get repentance is to buy all 3 DLC on the PS4 version or to buy the complete Repentance package on PS5 digital or physical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/21/2021 at 11:49 PM, Eternal21 said:

 

Thanks.  Found it on Playstation store: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2103-CUSA00792_00-BOIREPENTANCEPS4

 

For some reason it does not show up on PSPrices (I can only find the full game there).  Will wait another week, hopefully we'll get a sale, before buying it.

 

It's on PSPrices. Do you have the filter set to Add-ons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...