PS5 still not available

vanessaking2

Buying competitive online games like Battle Field 2042 for the PS5 is a waste of money for 2 reasons, the Dual Sense lol really no back buttons? The lobbies are virtually empty. I don't think Playstation is king this time around, Maybe it would be if people owned them?

I wouldn't dream of trying to get a PS5 at this point. I'll wait until at least Spring. Damned scalpers are ruining it. So are those who support them by buying their goods at a needless markup.

Retailers need to do something more to poleax the scalpers' bots. Captchas aren't foolproof... some more sophisticated bots can solve them. On high-demand items such as PS5, maybe use some kind of 2-factor authentication where they text a 7-digit code to your phone, and you have to put the code in a field to complete the order?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

I think problem of accessibility would be smaller if Sony didnt create Digital version of PS5. Honestly, I dont know anyone who bought digital version. Dont know how bout you.

I wanted one, but couldn't find one, so ended up just getting the disc version.

Not a problem really, but that disc drive is essentially an extra dust-inlet and additional point of failure in the console, that I am fairly unlikely to ever use.

On topic - I think it is still just coming down to luck more than anything else - just being in the right place at the right time.

I didn't sign up to any wait lists or anything, but I did check every week or so on one of the stock tracker websites, and eventually happened to be on at the right time, when a new batch had been posted as available from one store.

Obviously, it helps if you are able to just take what is available - I ended up having to get the disc version, bundled with a copy of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, which probably wouldn't have been my first choice of a game, but hey :dunno: - you can only piss with the cock you've got!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I wanted one, but couldn't find one, so ended up just getting the disc version.

Not a problem really, but that disc drive is essentially an extra dust-inlet and additional point of failure in the console, that I am fairly unlikely to ever use.

On topic - I think it is still just coming down to luck more than anything else - just being in the right place at the right time.

I didn't sign up to any wait lists or anything, but I did check every week or so on one of the stock tracker websites, and eventually happened to be on at the right time, when a new batch had been posted as available from one store.

Obviously, it helps if you are able to just take what is available - I ended up having to get the disc version, bundled with a copy of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, which probably wouldn't have been my first choice of a game, but hey :dunno: - you can only piss with the cock you've got!

Actually, disc version is better than digital since you can play both disc (second hand games are cheaper) and digital (for the most part, sales are just as hilarious as amy schummer)

Being at right place at right time - very important and luck-dependent ability

respect your cock because not everybody have on - idk why i said it nvrmind

1 minute ago, Baranov_925 said:

Actually, disc version is better than digital since you can play both disc (second hand games are cheaper) and digital (for the most part, sales are just as hilarious as amy schummer)

That's true - it does afford me a little more freedom, but really, I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of PS4 disc I ever put in the system.

For me, and my particular circumstances, the convenience of digital is worth the occasionally increased price. (I have a young son with additional needs, and round, shiny, physical discs are indistinguishable to him from 'toys' - they can take a bit of a scratching!)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

For me, and my particular circumstances, the convenience of digital is worth the occasionally increased price. (I have a young son with additional needs, and round, shiny, physical discs are indistinguishable to him from 'toys' - they can take a bit of a scratching!)

sad but  truuuuuuuueee - i guess you dont want to move your body to put disc in console, understand that but at the end of day, discs are cheaper than those "Salez"

luckily i dont have a family so nobody will eat my shiny round things in blue boxes

Edited by Baranov_925
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I got mine OCT 1 ONly because I got an invite from PS! That is the only way you can get it ... Believe me its the only way ... I would not be surprised to see it not show up till 2024 2025 serious! Its that bad! 

That's so fucked up, it's a lonely world.

I wonder though, is the XBSX in the same situation?

It is really not that avaiable, third party do not count. None of local stores, online and offline have consoles in stock, since may be Spring. And speaking about overpay, yeah, currently prices are at 200 percent, for this money you can buy something better I guess. Personally gave up on buying it any time soon...

i would wait to announce 2024 imo. 2023 seems more likely. as more people get consoles demand should go lower. but scalper will still grab consoles as long as they can make a profit.

to those who are still searching for a ps5. hopefully you land one soon rather than later.

Edited by Lordguwa

I live in the UK and randomly won a curry's VIP code to buy one. It was first come first served and although I was four days late in using it since I got it as I waa abroad when I got it, one of my friends went and got it for me and they had the PS5 with Pulse headphone bundle left, as she lived in the suburbs while I live in a big city where things go fast. It was super lucky, as I remember signing up for the VIP lottery way back in July or something and only won it last week! 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 2:46 AM, Baranov_925 said:

I think problem of accessibility would be smaller if Sony didnt create Digital version of PS5. Honestly, I dont know anyone who bought digital version. Dont know how bout you.

Making a no Blu-ray version of PS5 was a mistake for Sony, and I hope they don't repeat it with PS5 Pro (can't rule that out) or PS6. Sony could've produced more Blu-ray PS5s instead of making some in an inferior model. The $100 you save on the digital model will be lost. A game you want could be marked down for $20 at a store when it's still $60 on PSN... but if you have the digital model, you're SOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Making a no Blu-ray version of PS5 was a mistake for Sony, and I hope they don't repeat it with PS5 Pro (can't rule that out) or PS6. Sony could've produced more Blu-ray PS5s instead of making some in an inferior model. The $100 you save on the digital model will be lost. A game you want could be marked down for $20 at a store when it's still $60 on PSN... but if you have the digital model, you're SOL.

I'm in the UK, so the situation may be different, but I find that is very rarely the case here.

Far more often, I see games that are routinely on very steep discount on the PSN digital store, still for sale physically in retail stores for near the initial RRP.

I feel like I am constantly buying games on the PSN Digital store, and very rarely am I ever paying anywhere near full RRP for them - sales are routine, and pretty deep - certainly as compared to physical retail over here.

I understand some people buy used physical copies, but for those of us who do not like such practices, and who don't tend to buy physical discs at all, the digital only PS5 is a great idea -

the only problem is, Sony didn't make enough of them!

I ended up having to get the one with a useless disc drive, (useless to me, that is) for more money, because I couldn't find a digital only for sale.

Easiest way to get one is by shopping in smaller stores online, they get stock in but aren't botted out or have 100million people using their website at a time like amazon.
I ordered my ps5 2 days before launch last year because I was just browsing page 50 of google and found a shop with stock in. 

You can also sign up to pre order on lots of websites, like Sony have a sign up list for example.

• Like 1