PS5 still not available

vanessaking2

It's always been easy to find, it's just a matter of what you're willing to pay for one.

I bought mine off StockX last summer and I paid a little under $800 after S&H and taxes and other charges. I don't regret it as I was fed up with trying to get one for MSRP and the extra $250 I spent was worth it to save myself the frustration and time. Now, I have one and I don't have to worry about it like others still are.

I mean if you've held out this long you may as well continue to hold out until they stop making games for PS4. It's not like there's anything exclusive to PS5 that's a must-play that's not also available on PS4 at this point. 

• Like 1

gamestop always has them. big deal its a bundle.

Ive managed to get 4. incl 1 at launch. 3 were for friends and fam.

ill eventually get a 2nd maybe in a year or so if they announce any upgraded hardware.

52 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

it's pretty easy to find now, you just won't find it at the standard 400/500 price, you will have to pay extra 200 for a bundle, if you want it for that price or not, that's up to you, but you can find it

bundles arent even priced badly, people are just too stingy on what they think is fair.

"when i bought an n64 it came packed with a game!!!, ps5 should as well". No. PS5 should NOT come with a free game. People should get past ancient trends and pay up.

You could try PlayStation Direct. I was actually offered by Sony to purchase one that way but I declined. I recently decided that there’s just not enough on offer for me to need a PS5 *right now*. I’ll wait for the rumored PS5 Pro at the end of next year (still feel a bit stingy about the whole Pro thing last gen) and I look forward to just strolling into a store and pick one up.

The Library is pretty small as is the NVME space, Sure it's nice to own one for a week or two but that wore of pretty quick for me. Also waiting for a Pro or Slim and the only reason I still have the original is the 4TB NVME I've put in there.

With that said it's just wrong leaving this console as a tease to so many.

13 hours ago, Baker said:

So who in the UK will buy one and ship it to me? :awesome:

I’ve been actively trying to get one for months but these things are non existent over here. When very occasionally they do come in the store they still get bought by scalpers ASAP. I hate them.

I also subscribed to the official store when it first launched and never had an invitation. 

I’m giving up for now. Hopefully there will be more in Q3 this year. A Modern Warfare 2 bundle would be nice.

I didn't start searching for a PS5 until this April. i thought it would take me months, but I ended up finding a bundle within two days, so was very lucky. The way I found mine was by using a live stock checker. I got mine from Currys, but there was also a stock release from Game the day after.  I whipped mine up quickly, expecting them to be gone within minutes of going up, but they remained in stock there for severals days before selling out. If you keep an eye on on a stock checker and those two suppliers, you might have some luck.

1 hour ago, Vitallani said:

I didn't start searching for a PS5 until this April. i thought it would take me months, but I ended up finding a bundle within two days, so was very lucky. The way I found mine was by using a live stock checker. I got mine from Currys, but there was also a stock release from Game the day after.  I whipped mine up quickly, expecting them to be gone within minutes of going up, but they remained in stock there for severals days before selling out. If you keep an eye on on a stock checker and those two suppliers, you might have some luck.

That’s the thing. I’ve been using these live stock checkers for months now, every hour of the day, and it’s draining so much energy from me that I’m giving up.   

I also think there is a huge difference in which country you live. I’ve seen them in Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, UK. (UK has them all the time.) Either it requires a payment method I don’t own or they won’t ship abroad or you have to pay huge import taxes. (UK again ?)

In my country I do had the opportunity to buy one twice. But almost every store sells them in bundles over here, and not small bundles. It was a PS5 + extra controller + Horizon Forbidden West + Gran Turismo 7 + Elden Ring ? for €800. They do that to keep scalpers from buying it, although I don’t know if that works.. And that’s just too expensive for me and I pay full price for games I don’t want.

I’ll keep waiting..

Edited by Baker

I don't want to hijack the topic and basically tell you to stop looking for one, but this is quite damning:

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

The Library is pretty small as is the NVME space, Sure it's nice to own one for a week or two but that wore of pretty quick for me. Also waiting for a Pro or Slim and the only reason I still have the original is the 4TB NVME I've put in there.

With that said it's just wrong leaving this console as a tease to so many.

Basically right now the PS5 is a cool way to play your PS4 games better. I wouldn't be surprised if the game publishers are hesitant to go all-in on PS5/Series X right now as these supply problems have been going on a long time now with no end in sight and how are you going to recoup costs if your install base is small? The PS5 may sell well, but if only scrapers get them, they won't buy your games. So those sale numbers mean very little. So you are better off making cross-gen games. And that in turn means there is not a lot for PS5 gamers to look forward to imho, because the PS4 is now holding back the PS5.

I guess what I'm saying is... are you sure it is worth it to go above and beyond to get a PS5 *now*, paying far more than the actual price and possibly losing any kind of warranty, when you could also wait for things to settle down and just buy an upgraded PS5 (Pro or Slim) at the end of next year in an actual store? The few games worth playing now will be bargain bin by then and in the mean time you can actually play PS4 games on a... PS4. That you already have. Yeah savings! :)

Just my two cents. But do sign up to PlayStation Direct if you are clamoring to get one with warranty and a normal retail price. You can have 'mine' ;)

18 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

I don't want to hijack the topic and basically tell you to stop looking for one, but this is quite damning:

Basically right now the PS5 is a cool way to play your PS4 games better. I wouldn't be surprised if the game publishers are hesitant to go all-in on PS5/Series X right now as these supply problems have been going on a long time now with no end in sight and how are you going to recoup costs if your install base is small? The PS5 may sell well, but if only scrapers get them, they won't buy your games. So those sale numbers mean very little. So you are better off making cross-gen games. And that in turn means there is not a lot for PS5 gamers to look forward to imho, because the PS4 is now holding back the PS5.

I guess what I'm saying is... are you sure it is worth it to go above and beyond to get a PS5 *now*, paying far more than the actual price and possibly losing any kind of warranty, when you could also wait for things to settle down and just buy an upgraded PS5 (Pro or Slim) at the end of next year in an actual store? The few games worth playing now will be bargain bin by then and in the mean time you can actually play PS4 games on a... PS4. That you already have. Yeah savings! :)

Just my two cents. But do sign up to PlayStation Direct if you are clamoring to get one with warranty and a normal retail price. You can have 'mine' ;)

Games cost a lot to make and not every PS5 owner buys every game. It's no surprise publishers are reluctant to release PS5 only games, they do want to make as much money as they can after all. PS4 market is way too big to ignore. 

But I agree with you. Even after buying mine I still think it wasn't the best decision to get a PS5 now. A year from now maybe, once the current gen properly begins but now... After I'm done with the few PS5 exclusives, what am I gonna play? Ps4 games. Probably even on the physical console and not through BC, if the game I'll be playing isn't enhanced in any way. As multiple people have already said, it's more a matter of price one's willing to pay, rather than availability. And perhaps the hassle of selling all the stuff you get in a bundle. 

So yeah, I'm happy with the PS5, it's a much better experience overall but personally I don't feel like I've bought a truly new console, more like I've upgraded a PC.

Well, apart from maybe Astro, that was something truly new and in a way, next gen. 

Over a year since I got mine (spent three days following a dude on Twitter who gave alerts on retail drops, got mine and rewarded him with a slice of pizza... Ireland is cool like that)

Can't believe it is still so hard to find.

Hold strong guys and don't settle for an Xbox Series S just because it is readily available- a great console if it is what you actually want but quite a step back if you're gunning for a PS5

• Like 3

Right now, patience is a virtue.

As others have stated, the PS5 library is very small. How big is your current backlog? Personally, I probably have close to 100 or so which is a drop in the bucket when compared to most. 

I'd be stoked to get one right now but it is not financially feasible (or responsible on my part) right now. It'd amount to an expensive paperweight for the time being so I restrict myself to entering the occasional contest for one while contenting myself with my backlog. 

Good luck however to those still hunting for one!

Not missing out on much don’t worry. The console is made so cheaply it’s a joke. Had nothing but problems with mine. Getting it repaired soon, can’t play anything without it turning itself off. It sounds like a jet engine if there’s a disc inserted. 
piece of shit! No joke don’t waste your money. PS5 pro will be out by the time they get more chips ready ??‍♂️

• Like 1

I had to work hard to get mine. I got 3 for our house and then I got a few others for other parents. Initially I was buying one for my partners birthday.. but obviously I got jealous (we game together - met on GTA!) and my PS4 sounded like a jet. So ended up getting one for me. And then our daughter freaked out and needed one. I’m just so grateful our boys are switch kids - for now! 

I had to literally stalk sites and listen to all the rumours. Stay up til 1/2am night after night. Get software that the scalpers use to notify you when they come into stock. 

I didn’t have to buy bundles and just bought the console. But I’m pretty annoyed, I’ve only had mine a year or so and both controllers have had it, when my PS4 ones are still going strong after 8 years! 

as people have said there isn’t many games available yet. I’ve only played one thing on it so far that has taken advantage of the graphics. The only thing I really love about it is the trophy tracking. So don’t feel like you’re missing out on a whole lot, you’re not. After the effort I went to get the damn things, I wasn’t as blown away as I thought I’d be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Baker said:

That’s the thing. I’ve been using these live stock checkers for months now, every hour of the day, and it’s draining so much energy from me that I’m giving up.   

I also think there is a huge difference in which country you live. I’ve seen them in Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, UK. (UK has them all the time.) Either it requires a payment method I don’t own or they won’t ship abroad or you have to pay huge import taxes. (UK again ?)

In my country I do had the opportunity to buy one twice. But almost every store sells them in bundles over here, and not small bundles. It was a PS5 + extra controller + Horizon Forbidden West + Gran Turismo 7 + Elden Ring ? for €800. They do that to keep scalpers from buying it, although I don’t know if that works.. And that’s just too expensive for me and I pay full price for games I don’t want.

I’ll keep waiting..

Oops sorry, I only just noticed you were in the Netherlands. When your posts said UK, i misunderstood that to be where you were. I wish you the best of luck with it.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:07 PM, Infected Elite said:

"when i bought an n64 it came packed with a game!!!, ps5 should as well". No. PS5 should NOT come with a free game. People should get past ancient trends and pay up.

It does come with a free game though in Astro Playroom :D anyway, July 4th will be my one year of having a PS5. Got it from Best Buy with Wario64's Twitter alerts. I promptly deleted Twitter after that. I've enjoyed my PS5, though I still play my PS4 from time to time. I'm trying to take it down though soon so I can put my Switch back up.

20 hours ago, Sifferino said:

The only PS5 I have ever seen is my own, Ordered in Japan 2020 and shipped to Australia. The PS4 pro is still a good contender and available. This console has an identity crisis.

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, ValkerianCreator said:

I agree with you. However, I am much happier with my Ps4 slim + PSVR1 combo (for VR gaming) than with the Ps5. The only reason why I still got a ps5 is that it will be required for psvr2 in a few months from now. And it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the "Ps5 shortage" continues or even jumps up again when the psvr2 comes out. Make no mistake, psvr1 with a ps4 is a much better gaming package right now than a Ps5 by itself. The new Ratchet game is great, but it can't compete with the top virtual reality games on psvr1. Trust me on that. And that won't change until the psvr2 comes out.

I’m with you. If you don’t care about graphics then the PS4 Slim is arguably a better deal. 

Can’t even afford a PS VR 1 anyway, let alone the PS5 since Best Buy, Walmart, eBay and Amazon are all making it difficult to nab at a decent price regardless. 

As a big Housemarque fan I’m forced to get a PS VR 1 if I want to 100% Super Stardust Ultra. But there’s The Playroom VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and Superhot VR that are probably all worth playing on the VR. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m with you. If you don’t care about graphics then the PS4 Slim is arguably a better deal. 

Can’t even afford a PS VR 1 anyway, let alone the PS5 since Best Buy, Walmart, eBay and Amazon are all making it difficult to nab at a decent price regardless. 

As a big Housemarque fan I’m forced to get a PS VR 1 if I want to 100% Super Stardust Ultra. But there’s The Playroom VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and Superhot VR that are probably all worth playing on the VR. 

When you get it, try The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners. It was probably the buggest reason I got the VR headset.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, Stan Lee said:

Over a year since I got mine (spent three days following a dude on Twitter who gave alerts on retail drops, got mine and rewarded him with a slice of pizza... Ireland is cool like that)

Can't believe it is still so hard to find.

Hold strong guys and don't settle for an Xbox Series S just because it is readily available- a great console if it is what you actually want but quite a step back if you're gunning for a PS5

I know the dude you're on about, I got mine thanks to them as well.

• Like 1

TBH mine has had power and sound issues since day one and the updates are rarer then the machine itself. It's not like we have any compelling exclusives yet and it will be 2023 soon enough. This is a nice console sure and it really is great for running ps4 games so there's no denying that. In fact I'm still only buying ps4 games but that's another thing all together, you better like the Dual Sense though and I recommend trying one for a few hours as currently that's all we have. You may have buyers remorse otherwise. What the F am I saying? Those that don't have one are not missing out on much imo.