PS5 still not available

vanessaking2

On 15.9.2022 at 8:30 AM, Z1MZUM said:

Those that don't have one are not missing out on much imo.

True that. 

But honestly me and my partner both play Destiny 2 and there is huge difference are you playing with PS4 or PS5. I actually was shocked how 30fps actually looks after you are used to 60fps gameplay. Even Diablo 2 is awfully slow on PS4 with the loading screens. 

Not missing much for sure (except so called quality perk with loading times), but also it's sad that people who still missing PS5 still have to wait to get it. 

13 hours ago, Eeda said:

True that. 

But honestly me and my partner both play Destiny 2 and there is huge difference are you playing with PS4 or PS5. I actually was shocked how 30fps actually looks after you are used to 60fps gameplay. Even Diablo 2 is awfully slow on PS4 with the loading screens. 

Not missing much for sure (except so called quality perk with loading times), but also it's sad that people who still missing PS5 still have to wait to get it. 

Playing PS4 games On Ps5 and I'm fine with that. I'd be even more fine if the options on PS5 games would be not just Dualsense. Notice how Raytracing turned on seems to give a 30fps experience anyway? Like Ghostwire Tokyo.

13 hours ago, Eeda said:

True that. 

Not all games got a patch though and a lot of the PS4 games that were locked to 30fps on PS4 are still locked at 30fps on PS5 e.g. AC Ezio trilogy, NFS Heat.

A lot of games got optimisation patches when the PS5 launched (probably to avoid the negative PR), but now I doubt any developer is working on patches for the remaining PS4 games that never got patched. They'd rather try and flog us a remakester instead for 4x the price.

I see them being available all the time by now, I keep getting ads for it, I see them sitting in the stores sometimes, it is as if Sony really wants me to buy one. Too bad Sony does not give me a single valid reason for it. I can play the big new releases on base PS4 still, and I expect the pro version to drop in the next 2-3 years anyway, so I am hellbent on not being in the weaker half of a console generation again due to all the annoyances that came with it, not to mention that they just increased the price for this thing, and then there is how awful that console looks.

Many of the new, and older, games benefit from PS5, even if it's just for faster loadings. Sure, Pro might come out in 2-3 years and when it does, I can sell the original PS5 for at least 50% value, even more considering Sony just increased the base price, and buy a new one. My PS5 is soon going to be 2 years old, by the time Pro is out, it'll be 4+ years, perfect time to sell it a get a new one.