Is this game fun?

Hvalpen

This is the only truck simulator  I've ever played and I like It a lot. It's kind of satisfying when you have to plan your trips and then improvise because maybe your truck can't go through the road you were planning to use, or maybe you get stuck and need to get another vehicle to get the first one out. It's easy to play for a few hours without even noticing because of how focus you were on the game, but It has a very slow pace and I understand that not everyone would like that. I would recommend you to play the first few tutorials to understand some of the game mechanics and then trying the first map by yourself, to see what the game is about.

• Like 1

This isn’t a truck driving game, but rather a truck crawling game. With acres of mud, you are going nowhere fast. But it’s still a fun game! The challenge comes from getting your truck from Point A to Point B through unkind terrain. Often times, the most direct route won’t be the quickest.

This is a slow burn type of game so you will need patience to progress. It’s not over-the-top hard, it is just time consuming. It’s been years since I played, but I seem to think the platinum took around 40 hours. By the end of my platinum run,  I was hoping for a sequel. So I will fire up Snowrunner in a few months here. 
  There are just a couple MP trophies that aren’t difficult and can be done in 30 minutes, but you will probably need to set up a boosting session for them. 

Oh man i loved this game along with ‘Snowrunmer’ (the sequal to this game pretty much) but the game is very niche. Its a either you love it or hate it game, this is the type of game where a lot of strategy and patience is involved, you need to carefully plan your route and drive carefully so you don’t fuck up your truck, run out of fuel or get stuck. you also need to figure out which types of trailers you wanna haul etc etc. The game is fun, if your into these types of games

• Like 2

I absolutely loved this game... and still prefer it to the newer Snowrunner. Night was night... the blackest black... not like games are now. Its a tough game with some decently challenging trophies but they can be earned in coop which is where this game is the most fun and you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to help.

• 4 months later...

I was going to play this after snowrunner..  Not sure now.  I was enjoying the game... then I got to the logging missions..  I am not sure why the devs made these missions so tedious and time consuming.  I've already got over 100 hours in snowrunner.. Don't really feel like sitting in the mud for another 50 hours. ⚠️  I was trying to platinum snowrunner on the 1st day of spring cause Im kinda weird like that when it cone to synching things in my life.. that didn't happen haha... anyways.. I think I am going to skip this game cause after playing farm simulator and snowrunner.. I'm a little tired with these games..  good to mix it up and play as my diff. styles of games... cheerz! 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, craig_obviously said:

I absolutely loved this game... and still prefer it to the newer Snowrunner. Night was night... the blackest black... not like games are now. Its a tough game with some decently challenging trophies but they can be earned in coop which is where this game is the most fun and you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to help.

When lights actually helped! 

Love your profile pic btw, great film

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I played a bit of this on the PS4 a while back and really liked it, but I got distracted with something else and never returned.

Thinking of getting back.

Any word on how this runs on PS5? Any improvements? Any issues?

I went back on PS5 and did a one star on all the base game maps in hard mode... it ran fine no issues

1 hour ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

Love your profile pic btw, great film

one of my favourites !!

• Like 2