Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition (07/04/2022)

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The person that referred to the game as a "big PlayStation remake" is a musician that did music for the remaster and it's probably a case of someone not that familiar with game development, confusing a remaster for a remake.

So awhile ago there's was musician who recorded a song in Gaelic and many speculated that it was a Metal Gear Solid remake. 

But now it seems like it was Chrono Cross all along!

• Like 2

I enjoyed Chrono Cross, despite how controversial it was/is. It's a bad sequel to Trigger, but still a good game in its own right, and not to mention one of the most visually stunning games on the PS1. My main complaint about it was that there's far too many characters, but that's probably just more of a personal irk with me more so than an inherent issue with the game itself (I don't like how Suikoden has so many characters either, but that's a game series that definitely wouldn't be the same without 'em).

Anyhow, it'd be great to see this get a remaster. Hopefully Chrono Trigger also gets ported and/or remade at some point as well. I think a Final Fantasy Tactics remasters was also rumoured to be a thing, from this same leak, so I'm looking forward to that as well if it proves to be true. Continuing on the train of Square Enix titles getting remastered, I also still hold out hope for SaGa Frontier 2 and Romancing SaGa 1 (either version, preferably PS2) ports/remasters.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 1:12 PM, the_real_culture said:

So awhile ago there's was musician who recorded a song in Gaelic and many speculated that it was a Metal Gear Solid remake. 

But now it seems like it was Chrono Cross all along!

This happens a LOT between the 3 (remake, remaster and reimagining) so i am not surprised by that. However I am down for a remaster of chrono cross.

Lots of love for Chrono Trigger, but Chrono Cross was more enjoyable for me.

Really excited to see these older gems potentially getting improved versions on current gen hardware and I'm still hoping to one day see Legend of Dragoon again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm delighted for this as the game never came out in PAL regions... although I did just spend €200 to import a copy from the States just before Christmas! Ah well, I like to have original copies and I had the cash so no harm, really, I would have just spent it on fabergé eggs or crypto or some other ponzi scheme