Glitched trophy - This is Sparta

GioSantangelo

40 minutes ago, GioSantangelo said:

So after the season 2 update i decided to try this and 3 times the trophy did not pop for me…i had 8 wins e 2 losses. It’s kind frustrating since this is a hard for me as this is my first year with 2k. 

Anybody else having this problem?

Did you count points you gave? Maybe trophy does still add points from won games, despite changes in TTO menu and reward system. I lost <75 points and unlocked trophy few days ago. You should create a ticket to 2K support and ask if it's intended to work this way or they missed this detail in Season 2 update. It's good time now to ask them, before Season 3 update goes live, so the fix would be included.

Edited by SaviorKIA

1 hour ago, GioSantangelo said:

So i have to play more then 10 games?

Unless you go 10-0, you'll play more than ten games.  The trophy doesn't pop based on your performance in your last ten games.  You have to start from the bottom tier and make it to the top for ball drops, where you get three of them.  For the trophy to pop, go no worse than 10 wins and 3 losses during that stretch.  It's much easier, thanks to the patch.  

2 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Unless you go 10-0, you'll play more than ten games.  The trophy doesn't pop based on your performance in your last ten games.  You have to start from the bottom tier and make it to the top for ball drops, where you get three of them.  For the trophy to pop, go no worse than 10 wins and 3 losses during that stretch.  It's much easier, thanks to the patch.  

When i lose, it advances automatically to the next game, so it’s exactly 10 games even if i lose(?). When i’m at the top tier on the last game I usually have between 50 and 30 points left, i win that game and the trophy doesn’t pop. 

This guy did exactly what I explained and he got the trophy?

You have to WIN ten games to clear the ball drop game, starting from yhe bottom.  Win at least 10/13 games.  If you have 30 to 50 points left at the top game and win idk what to tell you.  You probably have to go 10-0 then.  I did the trophies before patch.  I went 10-0 on an account recently.  So maybe that's why it pops.  The person won his games.  Therefore, he advanced.  You don't move up unless you win.

Edited by grimydawg___

13 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

You have to WIN ten games to clear the ball drop game, starting from yhe bottom.  Win at least 10/13 games.  If you have 30 to 50 points left at the top game and win idk what to tell you.  You probably have to go 10-0 then.  I did the trophies before patch.  I went 10-0 on an account recently.  So maybe that's why it pops.

Nah bro I don’t have to get 10 wins to clear the ball drop game, you can go 7-3, that’s basically what everybody does?

If you watch the part 1 of that video he loses 3 games and goes directly to the next games

Edited by GioSantangelo

If you go up a level despite you losing, then it's that much easier.  Try going 10-0.  I did the trophies before the patch.  I also went 10-0 on an account.  So, I can confirm anything unless I make another account.  I know you didn't go up a level on since beginning of triple threat last year and before this current patch, unless you won.  If you can go 8-2, you can go 10-0

Edited by grimydawg___

19 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

If you go up a level despite you losing, then it's that much easier.  Try going 10-0.  I did the trophies before the patch.  I also went 10-0 on an account.  So, I can confirm anything unless I make another account.  I know you didn't go up a level on since beginning of triple threat last year and before this current patch, unless you won.  If you can go 8-2, you can go 10-0

Hell nah? i’m not that good and it’s kinda unfair to be honest, this trophy is killing me. Thanks for tryna help anyway, i hope the 2k support will help?

5 hours ago, JayBoyXI said:

I got it yesterday morning, went 7-3. lost the 1st and last 2 games. 

Did you lose less than 75 points? I mean not points seen in menu, which counts 0 for wins, but real points you lost? I'm working on a guide and I've tried it on alt account, where I went 8-2 losing more than 75 points overall (43 in TTO menu) and didn't unlock trophy. I'm trying to resolve if it's working that way or the trophy is glitched.

56 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Did you lose less than 75 points? I mean not points seen in menu, which counts 0 for wins, but real points you lost? I'm working on a guide and I've tried it on alt account, where I went 8-2 losing more than 75 points overall (43 in TTO menu) and didn't unlock trophy. I'm trying to resolve if it's working that way or the trophy is glitched.

finished on 36 points. I did play all 10 in one go if that’s a thing? 

1 hour ago, SaviorKIA said:

I know a lot of people that gave up more than 75 points but in the menu they had something like 40 points. It’s definitely glitched. Seems like the newest patch isn’t working for everyone, i will try it again with the upcoming season. Plus the 2k support still needs to answer me?

Edited by GioSantangelo

29 minutes ago, JayBoyXI said:

finished on 36 points. I did play all 10 in one go if that’s a thing? 

Did you mean you lost 64 points only? 

28 minutes ago, GioSantangelo said:

I know a lot of people that gave up more than 75 points but in the menu they had something like 40 points. It’s definitely glitched. Seems like the newest patch isn’t working for everyone, i will try it again with the upcoming season. Plus the 2k support still needs to answer me1f605.png

Did they get the trophy? From season 2 it only decrease points from lost games in menu, but as I mentioned before, the trophy seems to track all the points separately from menu value.

4 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Did you mean you lost 64 points only? 

Did they get the trophy? From season 2 it only decrease points from lost games in menu, but as I mentioned before, the trophy seems to track all the points separately from menu value.

Yeah they got the trophy…the video that I posted is proof that it works that way…they guy lost more then 75 points but he got it anyway ??‍♂️

I've watched video very closely. Here are my notes.

tAnTdQP.png

It still might be glitched or not, but my other theory is that when your opponent is leaving, the trophy counts points as 0 and when you leave it counts only points you lost before leaving. I can't confirm or deny it, because this 2 part playthrough is missing game 5, that was lost. You could try it and count points this way, then leave last 2 or 3 games if you are close to 75 after first 7-8.

It's hard for me to try it, because I don't have good cards on alt account and about 50% games I play sapphire against diamonds or pinks.

You could also contact guy from the video and ask him about what was the score in game 5 to fill this X. If he quit before he lost 14 points then this theory might not be that stupid.

Edited by SaviorKIA

12 minutes ago, Nickeloadagun said:

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but do you get matched with people using the same rated cards? 

This is generally the case, yes. I actually still sometimes boost triple threat online just for fun on PS4 and the method I outlined months ago still works.

On PS5 I've only boosted once - the final game  I needed for the Sparta trophy on the PS5 stack (I did the other 9 games on PS4 and progress carries over) and the method seemed to work there as well.

The safest approach if you are boosting is low overall golds (68-72 or so). Even if you are using emeralds or sapphires, the game can sometimes decide to screw you and match you with a bunch of amythests or diamonds. I've never encountered this with golds.

• Like 1