Will 'Commander Lilith' DLC ever be on sale (or free again)?

its_ArchroniX

So I wanted to play Borderlands 2 with one of my good friends (who doesn't care for trophies as much as I do) but I'm someone who wants to get 100% on all my games, not only platinum. For some weird reason my friend has the 'Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary' DLC and I don't as my PS store still says that I need to buy it (instead of 'download').

If I understand correctly, this DLC was once free (I don't know when exactly). But what I find weird is that my friend and I claimed the game at the same time (with the PS plus games a while ago) and never played it (together) until now.

Does anyone know if the DLC is ever going to be free again or if it's going to be on sale at all? I have had the DLC in my wishlist for a while but never see the price come down in any sales. Borderlands 2 seems like a very fun game but if I can't get 100% due to 1 DLC it fairly irritates me. Will probably play it despite that, but then I know in advance at least.

Oh, and I'm not going to pay 15 euros for 1 single piece of DLC for a game I was able to claim for free. I did buy season passes for free PS plus games before, but I think that's a different story as they come with more DLC and additional content.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

40 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Are we talking about the PS4 version? If so, just buy the Handsome Collection, it's dirt cheap and comes with all the DLC (and Pre-Sequel)

You're thinking of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. The Handsome Collection doesn't come with the Commander Lilith DLC or the UHD Texture Pack, thus they have to be downloaded separately. Both DLCs were released about 3 months before Borderlands 3 hit store shelves in September 2019 but whereas the UHD Texture Pack has always been free, the Commander Lilith DLC was only free for approx 6 weeks, then it got a price tag and hasn't been discounted since. The odds of a discount are slim but could happen in the future.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You're thinking of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. The Handsome Collection doesn't come with the Commander Lilith DLC or the UHD Texture Pack, thus they have to be downloaded separately. Both DLCs were released about 3 months before Borderlands 3 hit store shelves in September 2019 but were as the UHD Texture Pack has always been free, the Commander Lilith DLC was only free for approx 6 weeks, then it got a price tag and hasn't been discounted since. The odds of a discount are slim but could happen in the future.

Sorry, totally my bad on this. I didn't realize the PS4 version got an extra trophy DLC. Well, that's annoying. I don't think I picked it up either when it was free. I mean, I'm likely never going to get around to playing it anyway, but still annoying that I have the disc and didn't bother to grab it free when I could have.

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

According to psprices, it has never gone on sale since it was free. So odds aren't looking good

That's a shame. Really wanted to 100% Borderlands 2 as it seems like a fun platinum run. Guess this is going to be another game on my list that'll never be completed.

Thanks for the answers!!

1 hour ago, sharkyaya said:

I do hope this dlc goes on sale one day but if not, I probably would still pay full price for it once I’ve done everything else in the game. Got the game for free with all the other dlc’s included and I really enjoy it so I don’t mind spending £12. 

From what I've read the DLC is pretty short as the guide says it'll only take you 5 hours to complete it.

Imo 15 euro (or £12 as you say) is too much for a small piece of DLC but maybe that's just me.

If it were 5 euros or less I wouldn't hesitate and buy it right away!

Edited by its_ArchroniX

1 hour ago, its_ArchroniX said:

From what I've read the DLC is pretty short as the guide says it'll only take you 5 hours to complete it.

Imo 15 euro (or £12 as you say) is too much for a small piece of DLC but maybe that's just me.

If it were 5 euros or less I wouldn't hesitate and buy it right away!

The other 4 big DLCs  for the game were 10 dollars/euros when they first released in ~2012, so 15 isn't too out of line. Look, I get it. I'm a patient gamer who waits for games to go on sale before buying them, and when I spent $15 on the DLC I couldn't help but think that I could have gotten an entire game for that price. But saying "Guess this is going to be another game on my list that'll never be completed" is being melodramatic. This isn't like the DLC got delisted, or some multiplayer game's servers got shutdown. It's the difference between €5 and €15. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gethron said:

The other 4 big DLCs  for the game were 10 dollars/euros when they first released in ~2012, so 15 isn't too out of line. Look, I get it. I'm a patient gamer who waits for games to go on sale before buying them, and when I spent $15 on the DLC I couldn't help but think that I could have gotten an entire game for that price. But saying "Guess this is going to be another game on my list that'll never be completed" is being melodramatic. This isn't like the DLC got delisted, or some multiplayer game's servers got shutdown. It's the difference between €5 and €15. 

Fair point indeed.

But your mindset is the same as mine. I could buy some great indie games or AAA games on sale for 15 euros. Why would I spent 15 euros on 1 single piece of DLC for a game I got for free when it gives me, what, 5 hours of enjoyment?

And the statement I made with 'Guess this is going to be another game on my list that'll never be completed' is just my own pick on games. I like to complete all of my games to 100% as much as I can. Having Borderlands 2 on 90% (or something like that) is something I don't like. Spending 15 euros JUST to get 100% (and just for the trophies) isn't something I'm willing to do.

Didn't mean to offend anyone by saying things above. That's just my opinion on trophies and this DLC.

18 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

And the statement I made with 'Guess this is going to be another game on my list that'll never be completed' is just my own pick on games. I like to complete all of my games to 100% as much as I can. Having Borderlands 2 on 90% (or something like that) is something I don't like. 

Not to be THAT guy, but your completion percentage is only 52.90%. U don’t even complete most of your games anyway. So what difference does it make?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PayneKillerTears said:

Not to be THAT guy, but your completion percentage is only 52.90%. U don’t even complete most of your games anyway. So what difference does it make?

Little off topic but I didn't care about trophy hunting when I started gaming in the first place. I only began to enjoy it later in when I had a lot of games in my list already.

In hindsight I regret playing some games when it comes to trophies but I don't care for those that much. Games like CoD Ghosts and Driveclub are games I'm never going to complete and I have accepted that. I want to complete as many games a possible now to get the most out of them because I enjoy doing that.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

3 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

And not to be rude here but judging someone's interest in trophy hunting and gaminf by looking at their profile and blaming them for only having 52.9% completion is jut nasty. Who are you to decide wether or not I haven't completed some games I started playing in 2015 or that 52.9% is considered 'bad'? I'm working my way up so I'll get there eventually. You don't have to knock others down for their lower percentage to prove your point, just saying.

I wasn’t trying to be rude and I certainly wasn’t “blaming” u for anything.. so apologies if it came across that way

ur statement about wanting to complete most games u played weren’t synonymous with ur low completion percentage 

so I asked.. and u explained.. so it’s all good ?  

• Like 2

Just now, PayneKillerTears said:

I wasn’t trying to be rude and I certainly wasn’t “blaming” u for anything.. so apologies if it came across that way

ur statement about wanting to complete most games u played weren’t synonymous with ur low completion percentage 

so I asked.. and u explained.. so it’s all good 1f44d.png  

In that case no hard feelings. ?

I'm still working my way to a higher completion rate but annoying multiplayer games like CoD Ghosts (for example) are stuck on my list forever and I don't wanna hide them.

So you're gonna let 15 eu be the difference between a comprehensively unbeatable experience with BL2 and just not doing it at all? It's one of the best games ever made, with some of the best dlc's ever made. Hammerlock and Lilith aren't particularly excellent but the BL2 100% is one of the high points of my trophy hunting and gaming careers. Sometimes you have to ante up for your 100%s. The value in the Handsome Collection is so high by the way that to not want to spend the money on the one extra dlc for everything you got for "free" in the Handsome Collection is really loose to me. 

I see you started the game a few years ago, I don't know if you got the Handsome Collection but I assume you have all other dlc content ready to go. No offense intended but in my opinion you're thinking about this wrong and are cutting yourself off from probably one of the best experiences you can have just because this dlc isn't "free" like the rest of them from the collection

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

So you're gonna let 15 eu be the difference between a comprehensively unbeatable experience with BL2 and just not doing it at all? It's one of the best games ever made, with some of the best dlc's ever made. Hammerlock and Lilith aren't particularly excellent but the BL2 100% is one of the high points of my trophy hunting and gaming careers. Sometimes you have to ante up for your 100%s. The value in the Handsome Collection is so high by the way that to not want to spend the money on the one extra dlc for everything you got for "free" in the Handsome Collection is really loose to me. 

I see you started the game a few years ago, I don't know if you got the Handsome Collection but I assume you have all other dlc content ready to go. No offense intended but in my opinion you're thinking about this wrong and are cutting yourself off from probably one of the best experiences you can have just because this dlc isn't "free" like the rest of them from the collection

Oh I'd love to play Borderlands 2 and complete all DLC (yes I have the handsome collection).

But as said in previous comments I just feel like 15 euros for a single piece of DLC is a lot and there's so many great games, expansions and stuff out there that I could get for less. I will eventually play Borderlands 2 (if I ever get over my completionist fear) and I will probably enjoy it. I just don't want to pay 15 euros for 5 hours of enjoyment while some indie games sell for less than 5 euros (in sales) and give me double that time.

It's the same with a game as Tropico 5, which was free as well a while back and seems real fun to me. I'd love to play it but I'm not going to buy all DLC for 15 euros a piece (believe there's 4 or 5) in order to just get 100%. Hope that makes sense.

Again, that's my opinion on it

Edited by its_ArchroniX

Agreed with @dieselmanchild - it's the mindset thing. You're thinking too much about the singular investment when it's NOT a standalone game like an indie game which, all things considered, would probably be far worse for the money. It's a key that unlocks an ENORMOUS 100% game on your account and a quality of time spent that is almost unmatchable on the whole. Your 15 is going a LONG WAY. You paid an almost comically low price for two games and a billion dlc's, why would this one purchase feel so bad to you when it represents such a good 100% on your account?

• Like 3

gearbox has a history of quality DLC. 

borderlands 1, 2 those are really good DLCs. 

odds are you got the games for really cheap, just form over the money and pay for it. Buying things like this will just encourage more 

———

and as a side note fuck you gesrbox for the last level increase on  BL3. I farmed for hours after you said you were done raising levels then did it again 

I’m never playing another gesrbox game again. I saw the trophy list show up for the new tiny Tina game. Really loved the tiny Tina dlc. Was looking forward to this

however burn in hell now and forever gesrbox 

• Like 1