Version purchase question (I think I messed up)

Taliesin_2943

Ok here's what happened I have the special edition of Skyrim on PS4 disk version I grabbed the free ps5 upgrade throughy disk but then the current sales hit and I figured I'd just put Hase the game digitally so I'd not need to use the disk every time

I also grabbed the anniversary edition upgrade I purchased the digital version and the anniversary upgrade but now there's no hint of anniversary content on my ps5 and my digital copy has 2 versions PS4 which is clocking in at nearly 40 gigs and ps5 at only 15 gigs which seems rather small

So did I screw something up or is the PS5 version just tiny? Do I need to download the PS4 version and the PS5 version cause I originally bought a disk upgrade ? 

You screwed up. The Anniversary Upgrade and the PS5 upgrade are 2 different things. The PS5 upgrade gives you the PS5 version of the game and a new trophy list but the Anniversary Upgrade for the PS4 release just adds some Creation Club junk to the game so has no real bearing on how it works and is pretty pointless unless you're a hardcore fan of the game.

I would delete everything, then insert your PS4 disc and choose the PS5 upgrade from the relevant menu.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You screwed up. The Anniversary Upgrade and the PS5 upgrade are 2 different things. The PS5 upgrade gives you the PS5 version of the game and a new trophy list but the Anniversary Upgrade for the PS4 release just adds some Creation Club junk to the game so has no real bearing on how it works and is pretty pointless unless you're a hardcore fan of the game.

I would delete everything, then insert your PS4 disc and choose the PS5 upgrade from the relevant menu.

Noo I mean I got the free upgrade when it dropped on release but I decided when the sale hit I'd just buy the digital version for 13 dollars on sale and I also grabbed the anniversary upgrade aswell so hoping both PS4 and PS5 would get the mod goodies 

What I'm confused about is my PS4 digital version is nearly 40 gigs but the PS5 version is saying only 15 gigs which is alot smaller

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Noo I mean I got the free upgrade when it dropped on release but I decided when the sale hit I'd just buy the digital version for 13 dollars on sale and I also grabbed the anniversary upgrade aswell so hoping both PS4 and PS5 would get the mod goodies 

What I'm confused about is my PS4 digital version is nearly 40 gigs but the PS5 version is saying only 15 gigs which is alot smaller

In that case, I haven't got a clue.

Maybe it's 1 of 2 things

1. The ps4 is less powerful than ps5 and will need more data to run the game.

2. You own the ps4 digital  version then bought the anniversary upgrade.

This means you own a ps4 digital skyrim a ps4 digital anniversary upgrade and a ps5 anniversary upgrade not a ps5 digital version of the game.

Kinda like ff15 you can own the royal edition upgrade but not own the game.

If it works like like a dlc item.

Or todd Howard wants more of your money

Edited by Ultraxian
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

Maybe it's 1 of 2 things

1. The ps4 is less powerful than ps5 and will need more data to run the game.

2. You own the ps4 digital  version then bought the anniversary upgrade.

This means you own a ps4 digital skyrim a ps4 digital anniversary upgrade and a ps5 anniversary upgrade not a ps5 digital version of the game.

Kinda like ff15 you can own the royal edition upgrade but not own the game.

If it works like like a dlc item.

Or todd Howard wants more of your money

I bought this 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-PPSA03746_00-TESVSKYRIM000000

And this

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-CUSA05333_00-SNOW010000000000

So I figure I should have a digital version of Skyrim on both platforms and the anniversary upgrade for both

14 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I bought this 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-PPSA03746_00-TESVSKYRIM000000

And this

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-CUSA05333_00-SNOW010000000000

So I figure I should have a digital version of Skyrim on both platforms and the anniversary upgrade for both

OK. The first link does entitle you to own both ps4 & ps5 digital versions of the game.

Though reading through the second link I noticed it says "One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account"

It however doesn't mention anything about ps5.

After having a look on the store the one you purchased is ps4 only the one for ps4 & ps5 is

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-PPSA03746_00-SKY10ANNIVERSARY

So I'm sorry to say you have purchased the wrong version.

Edited by Ultraxian
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

That's the PS5s compression software at work. It's crazy how much smaller PS5 versions can be compared to the PS4.

On the PS5 version, did you load up the creation club and download all? One way to check if you bought it for the PS5 version is to follow the upgrade path from within the game. I'm pretty sure the upgrade is eligible for both versions anyway, its just the store description is wrong. If your still having issues it sounds like the switch from physical to digital is confusing it from a licencing standpoint