Godfall, Mortal Shell, LEGO DC Super Villains are December's PS+ Games

Abby_TheLastofUs

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

https://gamerant.com/epic-games-store-free-games-december-2021-godfall/

Btw to add salt to the wound of this lineup apparently Epic Games Store is also giving the Godfall Challenger Edition away for free there without any subscription...

Yeah man this is such BS.

They made this version to act as a demo. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually became free for everyone w/o a plus subscription later down the road, I'm sure no one would ever pay for something like this.

• Like 2

Challenger Edition is $15 if bought separately and the upgrade to the main game is $45 per Eurogamer ☠☠☠

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-03-playstation-plus-godfall-challenger-edition-not-a-trial-developer-says

Edit: Just realized you can buy the full digital deluxe for $27 right now OR you can wait a week, get the free challenger edition, and pay $45 for an upgrade to the main game.  Buying the game straight up is a better deal the entire month of December...  I don't know if I blame Sony or Gearbox at this point, but how did none of them notice how idiotic this looks.

Edited by pro_cow_tipper
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, pro_cow_tipper said:

Challenger Edition is $15 if bought separately and the upgrade to the main game is $45 per Eurogamer ☠☠☠

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-03-playstation-plus-godfall-challenger-edition-not-a-trial-developer-says

''Today, a spokesperson for developer Counterplay told Eurogamer that the Challenger Edition was "not a trial", but a new cut-price, limited-feature edition.''

...So it's a trial. Still don't see the point of this when you can buy the full damn game for half the price of buying both the Challenger Edition and main-game upgrade if you know where to look.

21 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Funny how whatever some people want never pairs up with with they get. It is almost tactical.

The story mode? Isn't special or amazing. There are no amazing characters, plot, or reveals. It is go to point A for some barebones reason then kill everything on your way. Rinse. Repeat. 

The postgame plays like the base game but with more tools and no leveling up. It can still work as a demo of the game if you actually try. Hell, if you want to pretend to grow your character then you can not level it up and not pick any skills then play. You can even then pick skills one at a time after each failed dungeon run. 

Well yeah that was the point of me trying the campaign on it, wanted to see if it's good and enjoyable for me, would still have preferred it like many others to give it a chance.

22 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

Cancelling your subscription would be a lot more effective as a form of protest.

Sure, but then I'd lose access to my cloud saves, previously claimed Plus games, online multiplayer (not that I use it much) etc.

And I'm actually interested in claiming the Lego game.

Lose all of that over one shitty game offering? Nah.

I know it won't be effective, that's why I said it would be a "feeble" form of protest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Well yeah that was the point of me trying the campaign on it, wanted to see if it's good and enjoyable for me, would still have preferred it like many others to give it a chance.

Yup, and you can get a chance with the game on PS+ next week.
You can also pay attention to people that have played it and their opinion of how poorly done the story is.
Being put into the end game and being able to learn from there isn't bad. If you have PS+ you have no logical reason to avoid it if you claim to be curious about it.

5 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Yup, and you can get a chance with the game on PS+ next week.
You can also pay attention to people that have played it and their opinion of how poorly done the story is.
Being put into the end game and being able to learn from there isn't bad. If you have PS+ you have no logical reason to avoid it if you claim to be curious about it.

I'm not that curious about it lol.

Usually i like playing games myself, i've seen it get bad scores and people not liking it.

I'll add it to library as with every game and i'll see.