Godfall, Mortal Shell, LEGO DC Super Villains are December's PS+ Games

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 11/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Seven posts so far and no one's complaining about the lineup and talking about how they might as well cancel their subscription?

Have I entered an alternate Universe or something? 1f633.png

Nah, we're on holidays, so people is mostly focused in getting some good stuff in stores and online.

Currently busy playing FC6 and BR:2ndLight, and got Scarlet nexus, Nier Replicant, It takes two, Doki doki, and Hades.

Whatever ps+ offers I'll just added to the library and check it later.

Happy Thanksgiving.

With the current 33%-off discount on 12-months of PS Plus, I figured what the hell and bought it (haven't subbed in years). Right off the bat I've got the Kingdoms of Amalur remaster, The Persistance, and a couple of great looking VR games, should I decide to go that route in the future.

Godfall looks like decent mindless fun, and Mortal Shell looks really cool. I'm hoping to stay happy with the service throughout most of next year. More indies and less multiplayer would be nice. :)

i just bought godfall when it was 20 bucks...  

campaign was fun, didnt enjoy the endgame, stopped almost immediately.

mortal shell was fun, really good game.

dunno if ive played the lego game, but they are always kinda fun for a while.

good month for people who don't own these though, if only for a bit on some of them!

7 hours ago, STFUxDxD said:

Lego DC Super-Villains is likely the only freebie I'll grab this month, and $14.99 for the season pass isn't too incredibly terrible.

The season pass for Lego DC Super Villains has been on sale many times for like $3. I would just wait for a sale. I've bought the season pass since it was so cheap and was just waiting for the main game to go on sale. This is works out great.

Edited by HailHale81
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

The season pass for Lego DC Super Villains has been on sale many times for like $3. I would just wait for a sale. I've bought the season pass since it was so cheap and was just waiting for the main game to go on sale. This is works out great.

That's really good to know. Thanks!

On 11/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, Cleggworth said:

Its the same as they've always been really, story -> freeplay-> map clean up.

The problem, for me anyway, is that the map clean up is now the largest part of the game. The clean up on lego games now is insane really.

Other people have asked this too and I've not seen a good reply, so I'll toss in here.

DC Super-Villain is pretty balanced. About half of the work is over-world clean up, the other half is all levels. There are only a couple things in the over-world part that are annoying and they require using specific building entrances, but you'll only have the issue the first time you have to find them. Pretty much all bog standard LEGO collect-a-thon stuff. The races are notably not annoying this go, with a bunch of them being speeder races instead of terribly controlled vehicle ones.

2 hours ago, Monochrome said:

Since Godfall is currently on sale, Ascended and Digital Deluxe, does that change anything about the PS+ rumors? I'm unaware if they've ever added a game to PS+ when there were other editions on sale already before.

They've definitely done this before. I bought Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell on PS4 a few years back while it was on sale, then the next day it was revealed as a PS+ title. Luckily I was able to get a refund. But I've seen this happen to plenty of people. They'll put a game on sale to try and get money out of it before they give it away to subscribers. 

But in Godfall's case, the one coming to PS+ is apparently something called the "Challengers Edition"...which is something that's not even out yet. So this can be another situation where these other editions are on sale only for Sony to reveal a new one after everyone buys it. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Edit: Tweet got deleted. Original text:

PS Plus-Mitglieder erhalten Godfall: Challenger Edition, LEGO DC Super-Villians, Mortal Shell und drei PS VR-Bonustitel.

— PlayStationDE (@PlayStationDE) November 30, 2021

------

Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationDE/status/1465654850876686338

Edited by HusKy

7 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Confirmed. Will also include 3 bonus PSVR games.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationDE/status/1465654850876686338

I guess there won't be three new VR titles for free, but those which are already free continue to be so. It says in the store, they are free until January 4th  :)

Until You Fall

The Persistence

TWD: Saints and Sinners

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

I guess there won't be three new VR titles for free, but those which are already free continue to be so. It says in the store, they are free until January 4th  :)

Until You Fall

The Persistence

TWD: Saints and Sinners

Ah, makes sense! I have edited my post.