Godfall, Mortal Shell, LEGO DC Super Villains are December's PS+ Games

Abby_TheLastofUs

8 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Last time we got a Demo as a main offering was King's Quest Chapter 1.

That was indeed a low point for PS+. I think Chapter 1 became free for everyone very soon thereafter.

Too bad, too, because I thought King's Quest was great when I picked the whole thing up later.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Very disappointed with the Godfall situation here. Is this the first time PS+ has given away a piecemeal demo in place of the actual game?

I was trying to remember too. Even Hitman wasnt. A couple years ago when Hitman (2016) was part of the lineup, they gave away the complete first season despite it being episodic and easy to break up if they wanted to short change. These days, if Hitman 3 was offered I’m convinced they’d create a new version and rebrand it as Hitman 3: Silenced Edition and offer only the first couple of levels.

So they basically want to capitalize from a bad reviewed game, and now they think that throwing players to endgame content (where many don't have idea about the tutorials, or mechanics, and low equipment and so on) just to make you purchase the full edition? This is lame and a punch to the face form Sony's corporate take now. 

I'm starting to believe the hard to swallow pill that the gaming industry is falling apart right now, and if you just have to being working and can't play 24/7 you're out of the loop no matter what and left with tons of literally dozens of game that come out every day. This is now a joke. As another user said, I'm glad that I can focus on other games meanwhile. 

• Like 3

On 11/25/2021 at 3:50 PM, HailHale81 said:

The season pass for Lego DC Super Villains has been on sale many times for like $3. I would just wait for a sale. I've bought the season pass since it was so cheap and was just waiting for the main game to go on sale. This is works out great.

On 11/26/2021 at 0:09 AM, STFUxDxD said:

That's really good to know. Thanks!

Didn't have to wait long. It's on sale now for $2.99.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

Very disappointed with the Godfall situation here. Is this the first time PS+ has given away a piecemeal demo in place of the actual game?

Other than driveclub mentioned above, i think king's quest was only part 1 if i remember correctly?

Edit: i missed the last page ? still i was correct!

Edited by Teh_DDgamez

Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition is available March 4 as a completely free next-gen upgrade for existing Mortal Shell players who have already bought the game on PS4. For new players, this upgraded next-generation version will keep to its last-gen launch price of $29.99 (€29.99 / £24.99).

We may have hope for a free upgrade!

8 minutes ago, DawningWolf55 said:
Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition is available March 4 as a completely free next-gen upgrade for existing Mortal Shell players who have already bought the game on PS4. For new players, this upgraded next-generation version will keep to its last-gen launch price of $29.99 (€29.99 / £24.99).

We may have hope for a free upgrade!

I think the keyword there might be "bought". We have been caught out by FFVIIIR and Greedfall before. We didn't "buy" those and didn't get a free upgrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

I was trying to remember too. Even Hitman wasnt. A couple years ago when Hitman (2016) was part of the lineup, they gave away the complete first season despite it being episodic and easy to break up if they wanted to short change. These days, if Hitman 3 was offered I’m convinced they’d create a new version and rebrand it as Hitman 3: Silenced Edition and offer only the first couple of levels.

I doubt they would strip down Hitman 3. They just gave away Hitman 2 in October and it was the full base game.

I understand people are pissed, it was a pretty crappy move by Sony/Gearbox but we're still getting two very decent games. It would deserve all the hate if it was the only game but the lineup is still strong and I will pretend the Godfall demo wasn't even offered.

The Plus is $35 a year so I'm getting Mortal Shell and LEGO for $3, that's a pretty good deal to me.

13 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

I understand people are pissed, it was a pretty crappy move by Sony/Gearbox but we're still getting two very decent games. It would deserve all the hate if it was the only game but the lineup is still strong and I will pretend the Godfall demo wasn't even offered.

The Plus is $35 a year so I'm getting Mortal Shell and LEGO for $3, that's a pretty good deal to me.

Yeah but you have to think, this is the PS5 game for the month...and it's literally a piece of a game. Having this mentality that we should just say "whatever" because the others are strong showings is the exact mentality to NOT have in this situation. If you don't speak up about it, then it just encourages Sony to pull this crap again. And PS+ is $60 a year, you're just smart enough to look for deals on it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrHealthy said:

I doubt they would strip down Hitman 3. They just gave away Hitman 2 in October and it was the full base game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did while it’s a semi new release. Hitman 2 was old and replaced by its successor when it was offered. Two months ago no one could have an imagined being offered a demo of end game content to entice a purchase of the full game as one the Plus free games. Business practices change and hope it’s not the start of a new trend.

58 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah but you have to think, this is the PS5 game for the month...and it's literally a piece of a game. Having this mentality that we should just say "whatever" because the others are strong showings is the exact mentality to NOT have in this situation. If you don't speak up about it, then it just encourages Sony to pull this crap again. And PS+ is $60 a year, you're just smart enough to look for deals on it. 

I'm aware it's a PS5 game and I'm not saying whatever. I'm saying I'm still getting enough content for my money.

With all due respect, paying full price for the Plus is simply stupid. It goes on sale at least once a year so if you get a 12-months sub, within that period it will be on sale again. Or you can always get physical 12-months cards, often going for around $40.

Again, a shitty move, especially being it PS5 game and, in a way, a Christmas gift/game, but those two other PS4 games make it up for me.