Godfall, Mortal Shell, LEGO DC Super Villains are December's PS+ Games

Abby_TheLastofUs

14 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I think there will be a new trophy list for Godfall Challenger edition.. still, to give us a cut down version while also promoting the paid upgrade to the full game in the same breath, is super shady.

I'm wondering about a new trophy list as well. Challenger Edition is a stand alone thing, apparently, so it stands to reason that there'd be a new list. If not, I'm wondering if you can platinum the game with just the Challenger Edition? 

Nearly every post on the PS Blog article is complaining about this Godfall bullshit. It's nice to see people actually calling Sony out for it.

I just subbed to Plus for the first time in years, the December lineup isn't even available to play yet, and I'm already regretting my decision. Just turned off auto-renew.

At least Mortal Shell looks rad.

Edited by EverythingOnFire
  • Like 2

This is a very weird decision, VERY weird.

It's bad enough as it is that we are getting a sort of glorified demo, but it's even worse when you realise that this is actually a FREE UPDATE without PS+ if you already own the game.

So they are giving a free update as a free PS+, so this is a fake addition to PS+ I guess, such a bonkers decision.

Pretty much you buy the game and you get Challenger for free, or you get Challenger for free with PS+ and buy the game anyway, I don't get it!?

Going to be interesting to see how they try and regain our trust after this, could we potentially be looking at a awesome January with the fallout from this??

'Here players, I was given this for free, but because I'm a good egg, I'm going to give it to you for free as well, how awesome am I!!' For the players!

xD crazy

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

This is a very weird decision, VERY weird.

It's bad enough as it is that we are getting a sort of glorified demo, but it's even worse when you realise that this is actually a FREE UPDATE without PS+ if you already own the game.

So they are giving a free update as a free PS+, so this is a fake addition to PS+ I guess, such a bonkers decision.

Pretty much you buy the game and you get Challenger for free, or you get Challenger for free with PS+ and buy the game anyway, I don't get it!?

Going to be interesting to see how they try and regain our trust after this, could we potentially be looking at a awesome January with the fallout from this??

'Here players, I was given this for free, but because I'm a good egg, I'm going to give it to you for free as well, how awesome am I!!' For the players!

xD crazy

Is the Challenger Edition a free update? I hadn't read that anywhere. Like usual, everyone is intentionally vague about pricing and such.

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

Is the Challenger Edition a free update? I hadn't read that anywhere. Like usual, everyone is intentionally vague about pricing and such.

Yea it says on the PS Blog;

''All existing Godfall players will receive The Challenger update for free, which adds new cosmetics for defeating the campaign bosses, as well as the ability to replay story missions"

You gotta applaud Sony's bravery though for attempting this xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, NMErickson said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did while it’s a semi new release. Hitman 2 was old and replaced by its successor when it was offered. Two months ago no one could have an imagined being offered a demo of end game content to entice a purchase of the full game as one the Plus free games. Business practices change and hope it’s not the start of a new trend.

Driveclub PS+ Edition and King's Quest Chapter 1 both got given away as glorified demo's.

uest Chapter 1 both got given away as glorified demo's.

EDIT: Appologies, my internet cut out in the middle of posting this.

Edited by MrHealthy
Fixing multiple quotes.

41 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

So what was the demos again?

Dude screwed up, he didn't type it in directed towards you, so you didn't understand, here, let me help:

Driveclub PS+ Edition and King's Quest Chapter 1 both got given away as glorified demo's.

hope that clears up any confusion

• Like 3

Has anyone seen the Asia PS+ lineup? They get Judgement as well. It's like, Sony treats Asia like the golden child, while everyone gets a DEMO, and acts like we'll just eat up whatever we're given like starving dogs and don't question their decisions. Makes me think of July '19, when we were given a soccer game with the next installment a few weeks away, and a mobile-to-console port of some racing game, while Asia got Darksiders and something else I can't remember, but the Tuesday they were available, they quietly switched PES for Detroit Become Human Deluxe Edition. Personally, the Godfall demo comes off as an antithesis to getting the base Mortal Kombat X, you know, you could probably pick up used from a bargain bin for $5, with no DLC and while MK11 was frequently on sale for as much as MKXL. Maybe they'll see the PS Blog comments and do another bait and switch a la July 2019. 

56 minutes ago, Forunth said:

Dude screwed up, he didn't type it in directed towards you, so you didn't understand, here, let me help:

hope that clears up any confusion

I wouldn't consider King's Quest as a "glorified demo", it's a first chapter like Life is Strange Episode-whatever, just given away as a PS+ "freebie" instead of being free for everyone.

See, the Godfall version being a watered down demo is a scumbag move...but seeing as I wouldn't have played it anyway even it had had all the content, it's a moot point for me. I remember them hyping it up at the reveal State of Play like it's the next big thing and all I thought is that it's a shinier, not as fun looking Warframe. Based off reviews and reactions, I wasn't wrong.

I'm all Soulsborne'd out at the moment but Mortal Shell looks interesting enough that I'll add it to the backlog and maybe get to it one day. Lego DC Villains will be a good for a background, unwind-after-a-long-day-at-work kind of game so I'm fine with that.

Overall, not the worst month but not the best either. Could have been stronger for the festive season. 

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I wouldn't consider King's Quest as a "glorified demo", it's a first chapter like Life is Strange Episode-whatever, just given away as a PS+ "freebie" instead of being free for everyone.

Which very quickly afterward became free for everyone as the official demo.