Godfall, Mortal Shell, LEGO DC Super Villains are December's PS+ Games

Abby_TheLastofUs

...and to think I was even the least bit excited to try out Godfall. In traditional Gearbox fashion it's basically in the bargain bin now, there's absolutely no excuse that they're giving out a watered-down version. Mortal Shell looks good, though I'm not too into Soulslikes (probably because I'm awful at them) and LEGO games are always harmless fun, DC Villains is one in particular I've wanted to check out for a while. Other than that BS with Godfall, it's honestly an OK month, and better than last month.

EDIT: Just found out what Japan is getting. Sometimes you hate living in North America.

Edited by MadDoggMajima

This will be the first time I won't claim a Plus game, as a feeble form of protest. Not like I was ever going to play a second of Godfall anyway.

Mortal Shell isn't my kind of jam, but I'll happily take the Lego game. Not that jealous of Japan, because I bought Judgment at launch, and I just bought Sexy Brutale a couple of weeks ago for like $5. Although.. why do they get 4 games?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I would have liked to try the campaign on godfall but instead we get some end game demo? Personally i would like to grow my character and progress it, this is a terrible choice, guess i won't be touching it.

Funny how whatever some people want never pairs up with with they get. It is almost tactical.

The story mode? Isn't special or amazing. There are no amazing characters, plot, or reveals. It is go to point A for some barebones reason then kill everything on your way. Rinse. Repeat. 

The postgame plays like the base game but with more tools and no leveling up. It can still work as a demo of the game if you actually try. Hell, if you want to pretend to grow your character then you can not level it up and not pick any skills then play. You can even then pick skills one at a time after each failed dungeon run. 

Edited by TJ_Solo

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Funny how whatever some people want never pairs up with with they get. It is almost tactical.

The story mode? Isn't special or amazing. There are no amazing characters, plot, or reveals. It is go to point A for some barebones reason then kill everything on your way. Rinse. Repeat. 

The postgame plays like the base game but with more tools and no leveling up. It can still work as a demo of the game if you actually try. Hell, if you want to pretend to grow your character then you can not level it up and not pick any skills then play. You can even then pick skills one at a time after each failed dungeon run. 

There is no way to not level up my character. They all start at max level in this version. Also, your suggestion is ridiculous.

43 minutes ago, peffsi said:

This will be the first time I won't claim a Plus game, as a feeble form of protest. Not like I was ever going to play a second of Godfall anyway.

Mortal Shell isn't my kind of jam, but I'll happily take the Lego game. Not that jealous of Japan, because I bought Judgment at launch, and I just bought Sexy Brutale a couple of weeks ago for like $5. Although.. why do they get 4 games?

Cancelling your subscription would be a lot more effective as a form of protest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlashbekBR said:

There is no way to not level up my character. They all start at max level in this version. Also, your suggestion is ridiculous.

You are given the ability to max out your skills. 

Don't confuse being able to max them out as being made to max them out.

Then there remains the fact that you can respec anytime. Even with max skills when you repsec you are tweaking and hopefully improving....thus progessing. 

Try harder to suck

3 hours ago, MadDoggMajima said:

EDIT: Just found out what Japan is getting. Sometimes you hate living in North America.

I guess I'd rather have Sexy Brutale than Godfall, but honestly, another free Yakuza game isn't all that exciting to me (how many of these have we gotten in the states over the years?). I like Yakuza fine, but I think I'd rather try Mortal Shell, and I hope Sony continues to give us an indie game every month.

Edited by starcrunch061

Godfall Challenger edition will be free on epic games site on next thursday onwards. Those games offered by epic games are actually free so it's not as bad offer there I quess. 

Those who have played Godfall already was story (or road to endgame) worthwhile? 

Hope these endgame editions wont come as new trend. 

Edited by Kavatus
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Yea it says on the PS Blog;

''All existing Godfall players will receive The Challenger update for free, which adds new cosmetics for defeating the campaign bosses, as well as the ability to replay story missions"

You gotta applaud Sony's bravery though for attempting this xD

Hm, so it's a free update for owners of the game, but it's also gotta be for sale separately, right? 

I mean, it's totally shitty either way (would be way worse if it was strictly a free update, no doubt) but it must be a whole new product on the store, right? 

46 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Hm, so it's a free update for owners of the game, but it's also gotta be for sale separately, right? 

I mean, it's totally shitty either way (would be way worse if it was strictly a free update, no doubt) but it must be a whole new product on the store, right? 

I dunno, that's something they haven't said. If it is purchase-able, I bet it will be like £10-20 

Be good to know how much the main game upgrade is from Challenger

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I dunno, that's something they haven't said. If it is purchase-able, I bet it will be like £10-20 

Be good to know how much the main game upgrade is from Challenger

I just read on Kotaku that Challenger Edition is $15. 

There are two separate PS Blog posts about this game and neither mentions a price. I hate that shit so much. Still no word on the upgrade cost.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Nice to finally get a Lego game as a monthly game (I don't think it's ever happened) but of course it had to be one I purchased on a sale months and months ago and haven't played yet. 

Monthly games for PS4 players seems to be worse this year than 2019 and 2020. 

You're right. Here's a full list of PS+ games from 2011-Now. Was looking to see if we got a LEGO game, but never did. 

https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(North_America)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

You're right. Here's a full list of PS+ games from 2011-Now. Was looking to see if we got a LEGO game, but never did. 

https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(North_America)

EU got a few vita LEGO games in 2013/14.

LEGO Lord of the Rings in July 2013

LEGO Batman 2 in July 2014

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 in August 2014

Surprised NA got none of those.

• Like 1