Anyone know of a Super detailed full Game Walkthrough designed to pick off every single missable trophy in the process?

mike_87

Could really do with one, i want to do my best and Im a complete newbie to the series, the 25 missable trophies on this put me off.  Various people have told me for years to play them and it would be so good to finally do so.  When i first had a dabble with it earlier this year it seemed dead confusing knowing where to go too, like no waypoints or anything??

Edited by mike_87

25 missables?? There are like 9 missables and most of them are only missable in the sense that there’s a point of no return late in the game. The only missable you have to worry about at the start of the game is Archivist. For the rest, just do lots of side quests throughout the game and switch your party members now and then. Then look at a guide once you’re 10 hours into the game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

25 missables?? There are like 9 missables and most of them are only missable in the sense that there’s a point of no return late in the game. The only missable you have to worry about at the start of the game is Archivist. For the rest, just do lots of side quests throughout the game and switch your party members now and then. Then look at a guide once you’re 10 hours into the game.

Had similar responses from a few others, yeah well what about knowing where to go?

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

There are probably a dozen walkthroughs on the internet, like https://guides.gamepressure.com/masseffect/. Just pick one you like.

that looks quite a good guide and with a map too, thanks

1 minute ago, Nock_The_Bot said:

I also imagine you might be thinking these games are a lot less linear than they really are.

how you mean?

Just now, mike_87 said:

how you mean?

The game does a really good job about always telling you where to go (thats my opinion), there are really no possible mistakes besides going to the end to soon. But the point of no return is always in your own hands so there is nothing really missable if you follow the trophy guides.

3 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

how you mean?

Do side missions first as soon as they become available. Then main missions.

The maps for the missions themselves are quite small, not massive open world maps. Objectives and maps are simple / linear. These levels focus more on action rather than classic RPG elements. 

If you do a completionist style of playthrough you shouldn’t miss anything. You won't have to follow a guide step by step, just check in every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice guys the other week, I am glad to tell you ive know finally started it and got stuck into it, your tips are really paying off for me so far.  So Archivist is a bit of a pain but following the guide for it i got it done relatively easily, and after that trophy everything else seems to click into place and make sense alot more.  Like a couple of you said I am focusing on the side missions mostly as and when they become available.  I am generally improving my stats alot for the characters and switching the team round to what I think is appropriate for the side mission i am taking on, like gathering a team best suited to biotic/combat etc.  And of course I am trying to use all the different powers on all the enemies I am encountering to knock out the trophies. I know i was worried where to go but now getting into it more it seems to be much more obvious and the journal itself tells you more than enough info about where to go.  The one thing i havent worried about too much though is the gear side of it, I am not focusing much on armor or weapon upgrades as such, just doing what i feel comfortable with like just using an assault rifle the most.  Not necessarily looking for better guns or to upgrade the weapons to a big extent.  Just an assault rifle that fires fast and what i assume is a good pistol to be honest.  Being so new to this series I want to keep my game as basic as possible without digging too deep into the technical aspects of the game.  I suppose many of you think I need not worry about the weapons Im using too much as Im playing on the lowest difficulty, But i still want the best experience possible if I can help it.  So yeah I'm doing all side missions and once there are no more show up i proceed with the story and planning to rinse repeat that pattern. The only other trophy that seems scary to me is the Charismatic trophy, any tips in advance for that?  Reading the description it sounds like theres an opportunity to earn it at the end of the game.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, mike_87 said:

Could really do with one, i want to do my best and Im a complete newbie to the series, the 25 missable trophies on this put me off.  Various people have told me for years to play them and it would be so good to finally do so.  When i first had a dabble with it earlier this year it seemed dead confusing knowing where to go too, like no waypoints or anything??

These should definitely help even though I'm primarily a PlayStation player trueachivments guides are usually the best guides I find for a trophy walkthrough lol

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Mass-Effect/walkthrough

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Mass-Effect-2/walkthrough

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Mass-Effect-3/walkthrough

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition/walkthrough

Hopefully these help

Am i right that with some of the side quests you have to physically go out to certain places to get them on the list?  For instance earlier I had to go track down Helena Blake at the citadel in order to activate hostile takeover.  I was assuming that the Assignments just show up automatically alongside story progression.  Also can someone read my lengthy last message before the other guys message and clarify that Im playing it right?

26 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

Am i right that with some of the side quests you have to physically go out to certain places to get them on the list?  For instance earlier I had to go track down Helena Blake at the citadel in order to activate hostile takeover.  I was assuming that the Assignments just show up automatically alongside story progression.  Also can someone read my lengthy last message before the other guys message and clarify that Im playing it right?

There are a lot of sidequests in the citadel that acticvate when you go to a specific spot or talk to a specific person. Personally i found a map online, to make sure i didn't miss any. I am pretty sure i would have missed 'Completionist' if i hadn't done that.

Thanks everyone for your help, my first ever run on a Mass Effect game is done now.  For the most part i enjoyed it, so much different to many games today, however, i was right to be worried about missing certain trophies as that is exactly what happened.  Ive missed the principled and completionist trophies.  Dont recall anyone telling me to stick with Paragon or renegade dialogue choices.  And someone else has told me about romance being another important aspect of some of the games, though i assume its not too relevant on this game.  I did pretty much all assignments that pop up along side story progress but also went out my way to find and activate many others that dont automatically show up.  I remember just before finishing Llos i had 42 assignments completed on my list. This was including the collectible ones too.  I remember encountering what seemed like a glitch in the Zhu’s hope area where i seemed unable to complete 3 assignments in that area, these characters werent showing up.  So my verdict is, overall good game but for newbies the trophy list is quite a headache.  So I assume all i can do now is start a whole new game and do all assignments again as much as possible, which seems too tedious and likely going to burn me out at this rate. Someone also said to me you can do NG+...where is that option?

On 12/8/2021 at 9:58 AM, mike_87 said:

Thanks everyone for your help, my first ever run on a Mass Effect game is done now.  For the most part i enjoyed it, so much different to many games today, however, i was right to be worried about missing certain trophies as that is exactly what happened.  Ive missed the principled and completionist trophies.  Dont recall anyone telling me to stick with Paragon or renegade dialogue choices.  And someone else has told me about romance being another important aspect of some of the games, though i assume its not too relevant on this game.  I did pretty much all assignments that pop up along side story progress but also went out my way to find and activate many others that dont automatically show up.  I remember just before finishing Llos i had 42 assignments completed on my list. This was including the collectible ones too.  I remember encountering what seemed like a glitch in the Zhu’s hope area where i seemed unable to complete 3 assignments in that area, these characters werent showing up.  So my verdict is, overall good game but for newbies the trophy list is quite a headache.  So I assume all i can do now is start a whole new game and do all assignments again as much as possible, which seems too tedious and likely going to burn me out at this rate. Someone also said to me you can do NG+...where is that option?

There's a glitch in each game where you can just continuously build up your paragon or renegade by just talking to someone and choosing a dialogue choice an just continuously repeating the talk till your maxed in the first game I believe it's a guy in a bar that was a quest giver but I'm not 100% sure

The guides I posted should walk you through absolutely everything you need for plat

If you have a physical copy there's also a romance glitch and a hard mode glitch that will save alot of time in the next 2 games which are listed on here in I think the forums for that list

• 2 years later...