Playstation Home is apparently back online.

Breakingthegreen

1 hour ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I don't think they are being cryptic at all.

Obscuring their source code is literally the definition of being cryptic. Take a moment to look back at the GoneSpy situation and see how little concern there was from and end-user perspective. This was because the source was openly available to the public.

33 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I really don't understand why some people are being so ungreatful for them doing somethign with no downside

The downsides greatly outnumber the positive aspects. I'm happy there's projects to revive servers, but there's a proper way to do them, and obscuring your source code and not making it viewable to your own public isn't the way to go about it.

Wouldn't mind making a side account or using that PS3 emulator thing (never used it) for some Home. For anyone who didn't experience it back in the day, it was pretty great. Surprisingly tight community, right up till the end, fun game/publisher worlds, bunch of dumb mini-games for digital junk to decorate your apartment...lots of stuff. Would be interested to see if these devs could add stuff to the game. The last planned feature before the game went down was allowing for your trophies to be used as decorations. I can't find it off hand, but there was a limitation in the PS3s OS preventing it from happening in a way that wouldn't be taxing on the HD. Supposedly connected to the also dropped plan to allow users to use their trophy images as profile icons.

Edit: This isn't to advertise or condone the usage of the PS3 emulator or CFW stuffs.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

Ps vita trophy stacks different region games by use email trick is allowed but not with private server by put DNS numbers?! I want to platinum motorstorm pacific rift if PSOne bring it back and  i think it’s unfair to blacklist it. Put DNS number on PS3 network setting is x100 easy than ps vita email trick and you don’t need to mod or hack a PS3 for access private server. PSOne runs server like normal psn server, no cheat or hack. Just playing game like normal. Any cheaters and hackers will be banned from PSOne.

i would love to see psnprofiles allowed it. 

• Like 4

the day ps home comes back online i will relive being 10-14 again definitely hope they come back . ps home is my favorite game of all time i don’t care for the trophies more will play it for nostalgia 

On 11/25/2021 at 11:49 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Wouldn't mind making a side account or using that PS3 emulator thing (never used it) for some Home. For anyone who didn't experience it back in the day, it was pretty great. Surprisingly tight community, right up till the end, fun game/publisher worlds, bunch of dumb mini-games for digital junk to decorate your apartment...lots of stuff. Would be interested to see if these devs could add stuff to the game. The last planned feature before the game went down was allowing for your trophies to be used as decorations. I can't find it off hand, but there was a limitation in the PS3s OS preventing it from happening in a way that wouldn't be taxing on the HD. Supposedly connected to the also dropped plan to allow users to use their trophy images as profile icons.

Edit: This isn't to advertise or condone the usage of the PS3 emulator or CFW stuffs.

yeah i might check it out on a side account but if i have to buy a whole console just to do it probably not 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Richtoon said:

Ps vita trophy stacks different region games by use email trick is allowed but not with private server by put DNS numbers?! I want to platinum motorstorm pacific rift if PSOne bring it back and  i think it’s unfair to blacklist it. Put DNS number on PS3 network setting is x100 easy than ps vita email trick and you don’t need to mod or hack a PS3 for access private server. PSOne runs server like normal psn server, no cheat or hack. Just playing game like normal. Any cheaters and hackers will be banned from PSOne.

Actually, they forewarn people against using the vita trick because if you mess up, you get flagged.

Also, it's not about being a fan server, it's about not making the code open-source to verify, at any given time, that they aren't changing up the code in a way that would make the game illegitimate.

35 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

Okay guys, how about PSNProfiles gets open sourced then?

How do I know the trophies being displayed are authentic without looking at the code? How can we know that people that people aren't being quietly left out of the leader boards even though they should be on there? That argument works both ways

What? You can see people’s trophies by finding them on your console and compare that to what you see here so you know which trophies are “authentic”. 
Open sourcing the site wouldn’t change people who don’t qualify for the leaderboard, nor would it show people “quietly left out”.

Is your argument “The site isn’t open sourced so the leaderboards should be forced to allow any and all other closed source software or tools that unlock trophies?” 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

What? You can see people’s trophies by finding them on your console and compare that to what you see here so you know which trophies are “authentic”. 
Open sourcing the site wouldn’t change people who don’t qualify for the leaderboard, nor would it show people “quietly left out”.

Is your argument “The site isn’t open sourced so the leaderboards should be forced to allow any and all other closed source software or tools that unlock trophies?” 

his argument still works for security. we literally trust third parties with our information lol, that would essentially be the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 3:47 PM, Richtoon said:

The PSNP Staff have made their view clear. If PSOne would make their servers open-source, the moderators can review it and add it to the approved server list on here. But until such a time occurs, there's no way to trust the integrity of the servers you're playing on. There's no way this PS Home server would ever be allowed, especially since it'd required a jailbroken/HEN console, which would only increase the chances of users being banned on those PS3s. 

Now, I don't know how online would work on the emulator, as I've never used it, but a moderator already said RPCS3 isn't allowed. 

On 28/11/2021 at 5:44 PM, kevao97 said:

his argument still works for security. we literally trust third parties with our information lol, that would essentially be the same thing.

Those third parties, the companies working on the servers “normally” are big companies that you know where to find if they do something stupid, and the repercussions from them doing something stupid for little gain (high risk low reward) are palpable.

This is different, who’s Snake, Fig, Nagato etc? Nobodies with unknowable variables in their economic and social situations, the risk  for the user is present here under the condition that the PSOne’s risk  is largely reduced from the one a big company has. 
Besides, they allow cfw ps3s and various emulators.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

On 11/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, DaivRules said:

That post says the platforms required require either a custom firmware PS3 or to use a PS3 emulator. Neither of which would be openly supported by the leaderboards here.

I assume that means Mystic won't be on there for long.

16 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I assume that means Mystic won't be on there for long.

If you check the last achiever for logging into PlayStation home it’s him. But it’s a second account with only 3 plats. So he will be taken down on his second account I assume but not his main.

6 hours ago, jagangsters55 said:

If you check the last achiever for logging into PlayStation home it’s him. But it’s a second account with only 3 plats. So he will be taken down on his second account I assume but not his main.

That's what I mean. He had to use HEN to go online on the game, so it's not defendable.

On 06/11/2022 at 4:00 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

I'm only referring to his second account.

Oh for sure then 

On 05/11/2022 at 9:17 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Agreed. Mystic’s videos are always well made and he does a lot of thorough research to bring that kind of content to his viewers. If he used HEN on an alt-account for the purpose for accessing, researching and documenting the PlayStation Home fan project for a video or whatever, then I really don’t see why his main account should be in the conversation. His main acc is clean and he is quite obviously not a cheater.

Couldn't agree more, very well put together!