Defeat Green Wart in Bloody Whisker Mode (DLC)

Titanomachy_75

31 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Hey guys, whats the first impression of this new difficulty? I just got the game and was thinking of maybe starting my first run in this mode.

This is just a rough observation, but...

The way I feel it do the enemies deal roughly x3 or even x4 the damage to you - compared to the standard difficulty (which was the only one before this update).

And if it weren't enough does their health feel like roughly x3 as well.

In short: bloody whiskers is bloody hell (pun intended).

...thought about trying to take Green Wart out the first time you face him - but it's one of those battles you are supposed to loose (first hit brings you down to 1%, the second defeats you).

Don't think that's possible in this game (and if, kinda doubt it would count for the trophy). After all, Green Wart is the final boss and in the beginning he shall give you the "proper motivation" only.

4 minutes ago, Jjos said:

...thought about trying to take Green Wart out the first time you face him - but it's one of those battles you are supposed to loose (first hit brings you down to 1%, the second defeats you).

Don't think that's possible in this game (and if, kinda doubt it would count for the trophy). After all, Green Wart is the final boss and in the beginning he shall give you the "proper motivation" only.

I haven't played this game yet, so please excuse me if my question is stupid. You'll face this boss twice in a playthrough (beginng and end) and you're supposed to lose the first encounter? Like the first boss in Sekiro, if someone played that game?

9 minutes ago, Jjos said:

This is just a rough observation, but...

The way I feel it do the enemies deal roughly x3 or even x4 the damage to you - compared to the standard difficulty (which was the only one before this update).

And if it weren't enough does their health feel like roughly x3 as well.

In short: bloody whiskers is bloody hell (pun intended).

Ooof sounds like an ultra hard mode then! That does explain why nobody has the trophy so far :D

6 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

I haven't played this game yet, so please excuse me if my question is stupid. You'll face this boss twice in a playthrough (beginng and end) and you're supposed to lose the first encounter? Like the first boss in Sekiro, if someone played that game?

Haven't played it, but am aware of that fact about Sekiro.

Yes, that's what I'm implying here.

Tried to beat him in the beginning and he actually took damage during Bloody Whisker mode, so the idea of beating him then isn't that far off.

But when I tried to verify that idea playing on the, also newly introduced, easy difficulty did he take no damage at all - and still brought me to 1% with the first hit and won with the second.

...so I'm really not sure whether this might be possible with enough training or not.

6 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Ooof sounds like an ultra hard mode then! That does explain why nobody has the trophy so far :D

Ayup. Why I'd advice to play it on the standard difficulty your first run.

Unless you have infinitive time at hand and a super high suffering resistance. If that's the case, don't let me stop you.

Were it NG+ for this game, I'd play again on Bloddy Whisker. But from scratch? No, I'll pass. . . . .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jjos said:

Unless you have infinitive time at hand and a super high suffering resistance. If that's the case, don't let me stop you.

Were it NG+ for this game, I'd play again on Bloddy Whisker. But from scratch? No, I'll pass. . . . .

Aight, thanks for the heads up bro! I think I will do a standard run and maybe come back to this throphy when they introduce a NG+ patch ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jjos said:

Haven't played it, but am aware of that fact about Sekiro.

Yes, that's what I'm implying here.

Tried to beat him in the beginning and he actually took damage during Bloody Whisker mode, so the idea of beating him then isn't that far off.

But when I tried to verify that idea playing on the, also newly introduced, easy difficulty did he take no damage at all - and still brought me to 1% with the first hit and won with the second.

...so I'm really not sure whether this might be possible with enough training or not.

Yeah! Its 2021 all games should have a new games + come on evening the dark souls does :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed the dlc and I must say It was a pain in the ass at times which I was not expecting whatsoever when I first started lol. 

For reference, it took me a total of 7 hours to beat the game on normal with everything done 100% while bloody whisker took me 10 hours just to finish and most of that was spent on several bosses that were annoying as hell thanks to how aggressive they are in this mode. Overall I'd say this trophy alone bumps the 100% from a 3/10 to like a 6 or 7/10 and that's cause you need to start from scratch with nothing but it would be much easier if there was a new game plus. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Just completed the dlc and I must say It was a pain in the ass at times which I was not expecting whatsoever when I first started lol. 

For reference, it took me a total of 7 hours to beat the game on normal with everything done 100% while bloody whisker took me 10 hours just to finish and most of that was spent on several bosses that were annoying as hell thanks to how aggressive they are in this mode. Overall I'd say this trophy alone bumps the 100% from a 2/10 to like a 6 or 7/10 and that's cause you need to start from scratch with nothing but it would be much easier if there was a new game plus. 

Yeah I wait if they add that +

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 2:50 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

For reference, it took me a total of 7 hours to beat the game on normal with everything done 100% while bloody whisker took me 10 hours just to finish and most of that was spent on several bosses that were annoying as hell thanks to how aggressive they are in this mode. Overall I'd say this trophy alone bumps the 100% from a 2/10 to like a 6 or 7/10 and that's cause you need to start from scratch with nothing but it would be much easier if there was a new game plus. 

this mode is exactly how you DONT do hard mode. incredibly lazy to just up their health and damage output. im stuck on mozi queen and it just isnt really fun anymore. you have such small window to try and heal with these bosses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

this mode is exactly how you DONT do hard mode. incredibly lazy to just up their health and damage output. im stuck on mozi queen and it just isnt really fun anymore. you have such small window to try and heal with these bosses.

Yeah it was surprisingly quite frustrating but it's one of those things you just gotta stick with and you'll get it eventually. Expect to be stuck on a good amount of those bosses for 30 minutes to an hour or even more. I suggest once you're below the castle to find the optional thunder rat boss so that you can get the legendary Thor hammer as it's the best weapon in the game by far and will make the rest of your journey slightly less painful. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, dRoxas88 said:

Can I just start the game on bloody whisker mode and 100% all the trophy without doing 2nd playthrough? or would be 2 playthrough recommended?

It's doable but two is highly recommended as you will know the bosses and game very well but even at that it's still a challenging one. You won't enjoy the game much playing on that from the start. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2022-04-28 at 2:03 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

It's doable but two is highly recommended as you will know the bosses and game very well but even at that it's still a challenging one. You won't enjoy the game much playing on that from the start. 

Yeah I’m currently trying that and am getting killed in two hits by most mobs.

Does it follow the typical pattern of hard-at-the-beginning, easy-at-the-end? It feels a bit like cheap deaths to damage sponges at the moment… 

11 hours ago, visighost said:

Yeah I’m currently trying that and am getting killed in two hits by most mobs.

Does it follow the typical pattern of hard-at-the-beginning, easy-at-the-end? It feels a bit like cheap deaths to damage sponges at the moment… 

It's hard at the start and especially near the end as the bosses get more annoying as well as the enemy encounters but there's some segments halfway through where you can breathe a little bit. The last stretch to get the 100% was especially painful because of the last two bosses which are in my opinion the hardest of the bunch. 

• Like 1

Thanks. I passed the first hurdle - I think the fact that I FEEL like I’m getting a bit better every time helps. That being said. I’m now getting quite frustrated at the Mozi Queen, since I can’t seem to dodge her stinger attack (the timing needs to be PERFECT!) but every video online seems to make it look easy. I downgraded to middle encumbrance to be more nimble, not sure if light would work even better. Using the Mjolnir-like hammer, which pounces but feels pretty slow.

On a side note, are the items given by blueprints randomized? I am missing a few according to the guide, but have done all side missions available up to this point and bought all those in the Longtail shop.

EDIT:

-Indeed, downgrading to light armour made a world of difference. You hit and react faster. Sticking to it!

-The blueprints somehow reappeared in my inventory and I got the items I was missing. Similar to the cheat-disappearing glitch I suppose.

Edited by visighost

• 3 months later...

I'll give you my two cents about this difficulty mode:

The only noticible change is the damage output of the enemies (from standard mobs to bosses). Most foes will defeat you in 2 hits (even some of the minor bugs) if you don't wisely use armors that give specific enemy type resistance. Enemies don't seem more durable or harder to kill, maybe some bosses are a little bit tankier than standard difficulty. I used that thor's hammer 80% of the time and only switched to a weaker spear in the last section of the game due to a slightly longer reach and faster speed attack. Some annoying boss battles: the first one in longtail village due to a lack of better equipment and the fact that you're getting wrecked by some AOE attacks that can be chained by the boss; The Mozi King: a lot of you have said that Mozi Queen was an hard battle but it wasn't my experience. The King was by far worse and made me stuck for 30/40 min. The problem is that he has a oblique, hard to dodge stab attack that will hit you 90% of the time if you can't backtrack to a safe position. And he's constantly moving so arrows/dards are not that useful; the talp duo boss fight in the arena: this boss fight can be avoided if you choose to fight Bulk Molgan instead, but I think he's a harder fight imho. Problem here is that as long both bosses are alive their attack patterns will tend to be very erratic and unpredictable. You should focus on killing Mysterio first since he's the weakest of the two. Always return to a save point whenever you can. And keep your equipment load below that first mark.

Edited by Il_Doflamingo
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just beat Green Wart on Bloody Whiskers difficulty, which is my one and only playthrough. He honestly wasn't too bad with the right approach (plenty of encounters before him were far worse), I'm more so fearing my remaining Arena bosses and such, which I guess I'll have to defeat in order to complete the Armoury. The Double Trouble duo alone is annoying enough to make wanna do an Easy 100% speedrun instead, lol. But I've made it this far on Bloody Whiskers so I'll try to persevere.

I'll be honest: typically I love a good challenge, but Bloody Whiskers made this game's combat pretty unenjoyable. Hitboxes are rather janky and Redgi's evasive movements aren't exactly stellar, so dealing with boss patterns was an exercise in frustration due to the excessive damage they dealt - on top of stunlocking and comboing you to death with many of them. I will do something like the Hollow Knight bosses on Radiant difficulty (hitless) anytime because that game controls beautifully and every bit of damage I take feels entirely fair - but that's not the case with Tails of Iron and as such they probably should have stuck with its default difficulty, which I haven't tried but I imagine feels a hell of a lot more balanced with a more reasonable damage output.

EDIT: In the end I completed everything on Bloody Whiskers except for the last two DLC bosses, Avor and Verminstein. By the time I got to Avor I had zero patience left for his BS patterns with zero cooldown (pretty sure he even got buffed compared to a video guide I checked) so I steamrolled the whole game on baby difficulty to get back to him. Just wanted to be done with the game so I can play Ghostwire today, really.

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so finally beat this in Bloody Whisker and here are my thoughts:

- The difficulty isn't designed for the game: The bosses can kill you in 2 or 3 hits. That shouldn't be a problem but if you put close attention to how enemies attack you can see there's a lot of attacks that work as combos so basically is one touch and you are done and again, this shouldn't be a problem but then you add how the gameplay is designed to be slow and sloppy and the experience feels way cheaper than it should be lol.

- The coding isn't tight: A lot of things feel random, attacks hit you sometimes and other times they don't, actions are supposed to activate just in some circumstances and then they activate out of nowhere. If you are going to ask for big boy difficulty you should have big boy coding (like hollow knight for example).

- The physics: The character is so slow it feels wrong in a lot of times in this difficulty (different than playing in normal where it fits well because that's the difficulty designed for the game). There's a lot of Boss attacks that cover half or all the screen, you need to move before they activate said attacks so you already have speed, you won't evade the attacks without speed and if you turn directions it takes an eternity for the character to accelerate so you are going to get hit.

I liked this game a lot in my first playthrough in normal that's why I did the bloody run but it only worked as a way to experience the "worst" parts of this game. It takes a lot of patience because sometimes you need luck over skill and the cpu can f*ck you in ways out of your control. So if you are going to do this just relax, learn and you will win eventually. 

Edited by polar_bst
  • Like 1

Well thanks for all the input in this thread, I decided I'm going to restart the game. I was hoping to do a single playthrough on bloody whiskers, I'm at longtail village rn and it doesn't seem too bad so far. Based on above though it seems like the difficulty is poorly designed and makes the game not fun. I want to enjoy it so It doesn't seem worth it for a single bronze DLC trophy, maybe ill come back and try a second playthrough later.