End of Online Service Announced

Seraphim_Rez

It's been a good run, but the time has come.

The online servers for Freedom Wars will be terminated on December 24, 2021.

https://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/online/vcjs10009.html

Japanese Text below followed by English translation

"2021年11月19日 『フリーダムウォーズ』オンラインサービス終了のお知らせ
平素より、PlayStation®Vita用ソフトウェア『フリーダムウォーズ』をお楽しみいただき、誠にありがとうございます。

2021年12月24日(金)をもちまして、『フリーダムウォーズ』のオンラインサービスを終了させていただきます。
なお、オンラインサービス終了後もオフラインでのゲームプレイは引き続きお楽しみいただけます。

2014年6月の発売以来、多くのプレイヤーの皆様に本作のネットワークプレイをお楽しみいただきまして、誠にありがとうございました。"

"November 19, 2021: "Freedom Wars" Online Service Ends
Thank you very much for enjoying the PlayStation®Vita software "Freedom Wars".

The online service of "Freedom Wars" will be terminated on December 24, 2021 (Friday).
Offline gameplay will continue to be available after the online service ends.

We would like to thank all the players who have enjoyed the network play of this title since its release in June 2014.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)"

Get those online trophies done asap.

Edited by Seraphim_Rez
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

A lot of people will say Soul Sacrifice Delta* is the best Vita exclusive, but I think the amount of features and the gameplay in Freedom Wars beats it by just a smidge... my favorite game on the platform for sure.

*Both Soul Sacrifice and Soul Sacrifice are being shutdown as well, and for anyone who hasn't read that guide (which is accurate), you can get all of those trophies in a solo ad hoc session, so as disappointing as these shutdowns are, the trophies are all fine. Bless Japan Studio!

I have Soul Sacrifice but haven't started yet. 
I found Freedom Wars way too hard playing solo sometimes and ruin part of the fun for me, I wouldn't had beaten some missions without online partners.

Question is: Soul Sacrifice is the same? I know the online trophies can be obtained via ad-hoc, but I can do the rest solo without being destroyed like in Freedom Wars?

1 minute ago, cinthia_mendes said:

I have Soul Sacrifice but haven't started yet. 
I found Freedom Wars way too hard playing solo sometimes and ruin part of the fun for me, I wouldn't had beaten some missions without online partners.

Question is: Soul Sacrifice is the same? I know the online trophies can be obtained via ad-hoc, but I can do the rest solo without being destroyed like in Freedom Wars?

So the thing about Soul Sacrifice is that the Platinum does not require a total 100% of the game. Freedom Wars didn't either but you had to get kind of close and I have a hunch which levels gave you difficulty, they are quite challenging if you go totally solo. (Fortunatley XLink Kai can account for some of that if you have an okay internet connection, it's a LAN spoofer if you've never heard of it, similar to ad hoc party but it supports a lot of platforms including Vita)
Similar to Freedom Wars, the later end of the game/postgame is incredibly difficult if not impossible to do solo, but
A ) It's not necessary for the trophies, and
B ) LAN spoofers can "re"enable long distance multiplayer

so if there's late game content you want to access, don't worry about being permanently locked out, there are work arounds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

So the thing about Soul Sacrifice is that the Platinum does not require a total 100% of the game. Freedom Wars didn't either but you had to get kind of close and I have a hunch which levels gave you difficulty, they are quite challenging if you go totally solo. (Fortunatley XLink Kai can account for some of that if you have an okay internet connection, it's a LAN spoofer if you've never heard of it, similar to ad hoc party but it supports a lot of platforms including Vita)
Similar to Freedom Wars, the later end of the game/postgame is incredibly difficult if not impossible to do solo, but
A ) It's not necessary for the trophies, and
B ) LAN spoofers can "re"enable long distance multiplayer

so if there's late game content you want to access, don't worry about being permanently locked out, there are work arounds.

The problem with Freedom Wars is even if there is no trophy saying to play the postgame missions, you still need to play them to farm the items necessary for weapon upgrade.

If Soul Sacrifice doesn't have this kind of thing, great! I can simply ignore the postgame missions without losing anything trophy related

1 minute ago, cinthia_mendes said:

The problem with Freedom Wars is even if there is no trophy saying to play the postgame missions, you still need to play them to farm the items necessary for weapon upgrade.

If Soul Sacrifice doesn't have this kind of thing, great! I can simply ignore the postgame missions without losing anything trophy related

There's a workaround for that Freedom Wars trophy, but I know what you mean.

Yeah, there's not much to sweat for vanilla Soul Sacrifice and Delta has more resources earlier on so you should be fine.

Can the affected trophies be done in such a short time frame?  And what is the status of the online now?  Active?  Desert land?
I don't want to start playing this game only to discover that two or three trophies would require tremendous time & effort to obtain.

Edited by milanbarca82

I see from the guide that there are three trophies that need online server connectivity, so can those be done within the one month timeframe?

I have the game but just that it's been sitting there in my backlog shelf for a long time so it seems like it's now or never for me to start it I suppose?

Also, I have a Vita TV too, so is Freedom Wars Vita TV compatible? Was thinking if those online trophies can be cleared via ad hoc too.

Edited by gunman47
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gunman47 said:

I see from the guide that there are three trophies that need online server connectivity, so can those be done within the one month timeframe?

I have the game but just that it's been sitting there in my backlog shelf for a long time so it seems like it's now or never for me to start it I suppose?

Also, I have a Vita TV too, so is Freedom Wars Vita TV compatible? Was thinking if those online trophies can be cleared via ad hoc too.

yes its vita tv compatible, thats what im playing on

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, gunman47 said:

Same here, been sitting in my backlog for like a year now still in the plastic. Shame the servers are getting shut down with such little of notice a head of time. ONE MONTH?! I'm gonna have to try at the very least to knock those online trophies out here in the coming weeks. Thanks to the OP for the heads up though, you the real MVP ?

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Same here, been sitting in my backlog for like a year now still in the plastic. Shame the servers are getting shut down with such little of notice a head of time. ONE MONTH?! I'm gonna have to try at the very least to knock those online trophies out here in the coming weeks. Thanks to the OP for the heads up though, you the real MVP 1f44c.png

I actually only bought the physical version of the game a couple of months back brand new, and to my surprise, some of the DLC codes were still working! For me, I just wish to get the online trophies out of the way as I'm not really aiming for the platinum here.