End of Online Service Announced

Seraphim_Rez

14 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Possible to buy used copies or this game need online pass?

I believe there is a network pass that but the latest patch removes the need for it even if using used copies if I remember correctly.

Edited by gunman47

Just now, pavelbagirov said:

How you can see difference between Japan and Asian versions of the game? On the box I mean

I have a brand new Asia R3 version, which is in English / Chinese. Japanese R2 copies will have the CERO rating on the front of the box cover, while the Asian R3 version doesn't.

21 minutes ago, gunman47 said:

I have a brand new Asia R3 version, which is in English / Chinese. Japanese R2 copies will have the CERO rating on the front of the box cover, while the Asian R3 version doesn't.

Thanks for the answer. So the question now if online pass is required or used copies is fine.

45 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Thanks for the answer. So the question now if online pass is required or used copies is fine.

Used copies are fine. Online pass requirement has been removed in the patches so you should be fine if you update to the latest version.

can you get the Platinum on AS and JP versions as well as the EU/NA version on the same account? Vita has access only to one version of the store per account (and content is account locked), so can I get the online trophies in ad-hoc if I have 2 VITA/PSTV's and 2 same-region copies even without downloading the free online pass?

45 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

can you get the Platinum on AS and JP versions as well as the EU/NA version on the same account? Vita has access only to one version of the store per account (and content is account locked), so can I get the online trophies in ad-hoc if I have 2 VITA/PSTV's and 2 same-region copies even without downloading the free online pass?

If this game is digital only, you have to use the account swapping exploit to get all 3 stacks on 1 profile but that can go horribly wrong and get you banned from the leaderboards here for having impossible timestamps so I wouldn't risk it.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

If this game is digital only, you have to use the account swapping exploit to get all 3 stacks on 1 profile but that can go horribly wrong and get you banned from the leaderboards here for having impossible timestamps so I wouldn't risk it.

i think it has physical releases as well

3 hours ago, AppleKratue said:

For the JP version, you still need an online pass to access online multiplayer. So when you buy a used copy, there's a risk the code was already used.

Interesting, I was not aware of this. Thanks for the heads-up. I do understand that the JP version has a separate server on its own though.

Edited by gunman47

3 hours ago, AppleKratue said:

For the JP version, you still need an online pass to access online multiplayer. So when you buy a used copy, there's a risk the code was already used.

Thanks. And Asia version is fine used? 
So even with brand new JP version we can’t redeem online pass on EU or US account. The only way to redeem it to use vita account trick?

4 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Thanks. And Asia version is fine used? 
So even with brand new JP version we can’t redeem online pass on EU or US account. The only way to redeem it to use vita account trick?

I don't know about the Asia version, but for the JP version, it will ask you for the code when you try to connect online, so you can redeem it even with other region accounts. If you don't have an online pass, it will then try to connect to the PlayStation store so you can buy an online pass. This will fail if you have an EU or US account as you cannot buy from those accounts in the JP store.

13 hours ago, AppleKratue said:

I don't know about the Asia version, but for the JP version, it will ask you for the code when you try to connect online, so you can redeem it even with other region accounts. If you don't have an online pass, it will then try to connect to the PlayStation store so you can buy an online pass. This will fail if you have an EU or US account as you cannot buy from those accounts in the JP store.

This mean I have to buy brand new JP copy to play online ?

Also not 100% sure if I can redeem online codes or dlc codes US/JP versions of the games on EU account for example on PS Vita.

Or if I have online pass for EU version I don’t need maybe online pass for JP/AS versions? If someone know?

Edited by pavelbagirov

30 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

This mean I have to buy brand new JP copy to play online ?

Also not 100% sure if I can redeem online codes or dlc codes US/JP versions of the games on EU account for example on PS Vita.

The base game itself is not region locked but for DLC codes, they are region locked. This can only be redeemed in the same region as your PSN account (eg. DLC codes bought on EU PSN Store can only be used on EU account). So you cannot use US or Japan DLC codes on an EU account.

33 minutes ago, gunman47 said:

The base game itself is not region locked but for DLC codes, they are region locked. This can only be redeemed in the same region as your PSN account (eg. DLC codes bought on EU PSN Store can only be used on EU account). So you cannot use US or Japan DLC codes on an EU account.

But to play online JP version on EU account I need to have brand new JP copy of Freedom Wars? Used copy don’t work from what I understand 

26 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

But to play online JP version on EU account I need to have brand new JP copy of Freedom Wars? Used copy don’t work from what I understand 

Correct me if I am wrong, for the base game JP version, you will need a brand new copy in order to work. Used copies will need the online pass. Only problem is the JP online pass is likely only available in the Japan PSN Store so unless you have a Japan PSN account to get the online pass and activate it, a used JP version copy is of no good on a EU account, since you're locked to one PSN account in the Vita normally unless you mod it.

Edited by gunman47

1 hour ago, gunman47 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, for the base game JP version, you will need a brand new copy in order to work. Used copies will need the online pass. Only problem is the JP online pass is likely only available in the Japan PSN Store so unless you have a Japan PSN account to get the online pass and activate it, a used JP version copy is of no good on a EU account, since you're locked to one PSN account in the Vita normally unless you mod it.

You can get multiple accounts without hacking your Vita but it's messy and error prone, plus failing to get it right, will see you banned from the leaderboards here for having impossible timestamps: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gunman47 said:

So best solution is to buy 2 JP versions of the game and 2 Vita’s. To use ad-hoc not need online pass right?