End of Online Service Announced

Seraphim_Rez

How many hours does it take until we can get all 3 online trophies?

I know "Constant Comrade" should take a while, but can Antisocial Networking and Fashion Accessory be done like at the very beginning? I hope there's not much grind involved with the accessory and rap sheet.

Edited by kanzenchaos

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

How many hours does it take until we can get all 3 online trophies?

I know "Constant Comrade" should take a while, but can Antisocial Networking and Fashion Accessory be done like at the very beginning? I hope there's not much grind involved with the accessory and rap sheet.

I just got Antisocial Networking yesterday. For this one, you need to reach Code 2 first (takes a couple of missions to get there, about an hour or two if you're fast and speedrunning it). Co-op will then be unlocked and you just need to quick search for a lobby or create one with a player joining you via "Request Cooperation". Then press Square button to exchange rap sheets with other players in the lobby. Trophy should unlock.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find a lobby now since there are quite a number of people like us also rushing to join in before servers close.

For Fashion Accessory, you need to to reach Code 4. I haven't reached Code 4 yet, so I can't yet comment on this one, but this definitely cannot be done at the beginning.

Edited by gunman47
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

I did the platinum in 2 weeks and work a full time job. Part 8 Code Missions would be a nightmare doing them solo and hats off to those who can as it would need a great weapons layout. If the pros are playing they'll carry you to the platinum. 

Are "Part 8 Code Missions" end game? Like it will take over 40 hours to get to them?

43 minutes ago, CitrusKey88 said:

Has been a long time since I got the platinum trophy doing everything with boosting and having so much fun. This is one of my favorite Vita game and one of the best games in the catalog you could find.

It’s basically Monster Hunter with robots. Problem is in the story you not always understand what to do or how to continue to next missions. Also game is for anime lovers.

4 hours ago, gunman47 said:

I just got Antisocial Networking yesterday. For this one, you need to reach Code 2 first (takes a couple of missions to get there, about an hour or two if you're fast and speedrunning it). Co-op will then be unlocked and you just need to quick search for a lobby or create one with a player joining you via "Request Cooperation". Then press Square button to exchange rap sheets with other players in the lobby. Trophy should unlock.

It shouldn't be too difficult to find a lobby now since there are quite a number of people like us also rushing to join in before servers close.

For Fashion Accessory, you need to to reach Code 4. I haven't reached Code 4 yet, so I can't yet comment on this one, but this definitely cannot be done at the beginning.

Thanks for the response. Just started it and done the tutorial. The game seems really fun.

Hope you're right about there being enough players now, I don't want to enter yet another boosting session lol

• Like 1

The thing with this game is in a lot of ways DIY Demon, Volunteer of the Year, and For The Greater Good can be considered an online trophies or made easier being done online.

They are possible solo, but only if you know what the best gear to get/grind missions enough to get the right gear (with so many options, I'm having a hard time finding the best weapon and most guides I've read about this game doesn't tell me which loadout is the best). Towards the end of the game, the game throw bullshit at you with the monsters basically staggering you (Code 7 Exam mission being a chief example).

So yes, you can be considered 'done' by getting the three online trophies, but the game will be 10x harder once the servers shut down. Hopefully I won't have the same problem with Soul Sacrifice and Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, POEman553 said:

The thing with this game is in a lot of ways DIY Demon, Volunteer of the Year, and For The Greater Good can be considered an online trophies or made easier being done online.

They are possible solo, but only if you know what the best gear to get/grind missions enough to get the right gear (with so many options, I'm having a hard time finding the best weapon and most guides I've read about this game doesn't tell me which loadout is the best). Towards the end of the game, the game throw bullshit at you with the monsters basically staggering you (Code 7 Exam mission being a chief example).

So yes, you can be considered 'done' by getting the three online trophies, but the game will be 10x harder once the servers shut down. Hopefully I won't have the same problem with Soul Sacrifice and Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Pretty much this, those who are thinking they are only going to get the multiplayer out the way and leave the rest for later, you are doing yourself a dis service later on. The difficulty and grind for rare materials for upgrades is no joke. This game is solo-able, but the amount of time to get the the gear needed is some what a crazy time sink. Some of the later levels, to be honest you'd have to be a veteran with only the best gear to do solo, like think multiple waves of three bosses fought at once. 

Another benefit of playing a lot of the online is once you have done a mission you get a pass so that in story mode, that mission you did, you can now just skip it. 

Anyone wanting to do this plat, i highly recommend you put a lot of time online, the game is really fun.

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Pretty much this, those who are thinking they are only going to get the multiplayer out the way and leave the rest for later, you are doing yourself a dis service later on. The difficulty and grind for rare materials for upgrades is no joke. This game is solo-able, but the amount of time to get the the gear needed is some what a crazy time sink. Some of the later levels, to be honest you'd have to be a veteran with only the best gear to do solo, like think multiple waves of three bosses fought at once. 

Another benefit of playing a lot of the online is once you have done a mission you get a pass so that in story mode, that mission you did, you can now just skip it. 

Anyone wanting to do this plat, i highly recommend you put a lot of time online, the game is really fun.

I remember struggling to get help from no-lifers online, decided to do it all solo. Wasn't too bad after I realised my weapons sucked hard.

Rifles like the EZ Katze and the Barbara's Easy Blaster did the trick for me on the final CODE missions. (Where using melee weapons I always lost by timeout: 45 damn minutes).

Also I was focusing too much on getting a weapon upgraded to level 10. Focusing on this grind was undermining completely my power, so I'd say Freedom Wars is not too bad solo.

The final mission can only be played offline anyway, also the hardest challenge was the Dionea Abductor, which has to be done offline too.

There's no escape from farming to power up good weapons like the 2 I mentioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

I remember struggling to get help from no-lifers online, decided to do it all solo. Wasn't too bad after I realised my weapons sucked hard.

Rifles like the EZ Katze and the Barbara's Easy Blaster did the trick for me on the final CODE missions. (Where using melee weapons I always lost by timeout: 45 damn minutes).

Also I was focusing too much on getting a weapon upgraded to level 10. Focusing on this grind was undermining completely my power, so I'd say Freedom Wars is not too bad solo.

The final mission can only be played offline anyway, also the hardest challenge was the Dionea Abductor, which has to be done offline too.

There's no escape from farming to power up good weapons like the 2 I mentioned.

Where and when do you get that Barbara Blaster gun? I've been reading online on various sources saying that it's by far the most OP weapon of the game for casual players, but I can't find any mention on when you get access to it.

(I'm only Code 2 right now as I've just been joining randoms to get the co-op trophy done)

1 hour ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Where and when do you get that Barbara Blaster gun? I've been reading online on various sources saying that it's by far the most OP weapon of the game for casual players, but I can't find any mention on when you get access to it.

(I'm only Code 2 right now as I've just been joining randoms to get the co-op trophy done)

I started seeing that gun at roughly code 4. I'm not sure if it drops before then, its just when i started noticing it. Its a pretty good gun, its like a burst fire shot gun.

22 hours ago, Jamull99 said:

Are "Part 8 Code Missions" end game? Like it will take over 40 hours to get to them?

@Jamull99They are toward the end of the game. 8-1 would be nasty solo. Whenever you unlock the ability to go online (maybe Code 3 or 4 can't remember) get this out of the way. Also the extra missions from Code 7 could be a pain solo as well. There is a trophy from completing extra missions from each chapter.  You won't be able to select Code 8 missions from the start online but if you have someone that has already unlocked those they can select that as a MP mission. If your group completes it online you'll get credit for it when you get to Code 8. 

Edited by Reign_Of_Fire88

56 minutes ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

@Jamull99They are toward the end of the game. 8-1 would be nasty solo. Whenever you unlock the ability to go online (maybe Code 3 or 4 can't remember) get this out of the way. Also the extra missions from Code 7 could be a pain solo as well. There is a trophy from completing extra missions from each chapter.  You won't be able to select Code 8 missions from the start online but if you have someone that has already unlocked those they can select that as a MP mission. If your group completes it online you'll get credit for it when you get to Code 8. 

Good advice there, we'll take note of it. Co-Op is unlocked once you passed the Code 2 Exam.

Will it be difficult initially if you try to join in a higher Code (eg. 4 or 7) while you are still only a Code 2? I was thinking of joining in quick lobby to grind out the Constant Comrade trophy but was a bit worried whether I could cope with higher Code lobbies since I'm still only Code 2 currently.

Edited by gunman47

6 minutes ago, gunman47 said:

Good advice there, we'll take note of it. Co-Op is unlocked once you passed the Code 2 Exam.

Will it be difficult initially if you try to join in a higher Code (eg. 4 or 7) while you are still only a Code 2? I was thinking of joining in quick lobby to grind out the Constant Comrade trophy but was a bit worried whether I could cope with higher Code lobbies since I'm still only Code 2 currently.

@gunman47 If you are paired with two pro players playing their weapon loadouts can demolish the upper Code 7 and 8 missions in no time and they are pretty welcome to playing with others. Your weapons while in Code 2 won't do a lot damage in Code 8 missions. A lot of times you can tell pro players by either they have no sentence years remaining or they cause a lot of damage to the foes. The problem I could see if the online maybe getting more active with newer or mixed level people. But still online players will be better than the NPC's.

Edited by Reign_Of_Fire88
  • Like 1

The game isn't that hard to solo... as long as you put in the time. 

You might hit a wall around Code 7-8 if you haven't gotten into weapon upgrading and stuff. Basically that's the key to dealing with the game.

I can confirm the Barbara gun is a beast if done right. It was my endgame weapon and some spear that you get towards the end.

There's a lot of reading material on gamefaqs if you really want to get into it which I recommend because like @EdinhoN said, the hardest parts will have to be done offline anyway.

It can be quite confusing how weapon upgrading/material collecting works at first, especially if you haven't really played a Monster Hunter-like game before like me. But once you get into it, it will make sense.

So technically people who only want to get the online trophies out of the way before servers close, won't be at a major disadvantage IMHO.

• Like 2

I haven't played this game in years, but last time I checked, I'm currently at code 4, and I know I've done few co-op sessions before so I know that I can unlock the last 2 MP trophies fairly quickly. However I'm also clueless at what stuff I should be doing next. Thanks to IRL work I don't have as much free time as I used to years ago, and given the short notice window for server closure, I'd like to know what I should be focusing on for next few weeks before the closure.

Do I unlock code all or certain 7 & 8 missions via co-op? Farm drops for specific endgame gears? Or what?

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks.

1 hour ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

@gunman47 If you are paired with two pro players playing their weapon loadouts can demolish the upper Code 7 and 8 missions in no time and they are pretty welcome to playing with others. Your weapons while in Code 2 won't do a lot damage in Code 8 missions. A lot of times you can tell pro players by either they have no sentence years remaining or they cause a lot of damage to the foes. The problem I could see if the online maybe getting more active with newer or mixed level people. But still online players will be better than the NPC's.

@Reign_Of_Fire88 @DizzyDavidson Thanks for the good advice, appreciate it. Perhaps I shall give it Co-Op a try first. If not, I could still try to push up to Code 4 first before going all out in Co-Op. Looks like I have a lot of reading up on the materials guide to do!

3 hours ago, gunman47 said:

I was only Code 2 and joined some random pros that were grinding the hardest missions in the game. My weapons literally did no damage to the big enemies, so I kinda stayed back and just healed them whenever they were low health and they did all the work for me!

After they left, I joined another random that I think was also going for the trophies as he loaded up the Jakarta mission nonstop for the lobby. Got my trophy after a few runs through that and now I can focus on getting to Code 4 solo for the Accessory trophy to have the MP component done!

Although seeing how hard some of those later missions were with my level 1 equipment, I think I want to get the plat before the servers shut down so I can get some pros to help out if I need it!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darkalphar said:

I haven't played this game in years, but last time I checked, I'm currently at code 4, and I know I've done few co-op sessions before so I know that I can unlock the last 2 MP trophies fairly quickly. However I'm also clueless at what stuff I should be doing next. Thanks to IRL work I don't have as much free time as I used to years ago, and given the short notice window for server closure, I'd like to know what I should be focusing on for next few weeks before the closure.

Do I unlock code all or certain 7 & 8 missions via co-op? Farm drops for specific endgame gears? Or what?

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks.

To unlock different codes you need to do it through story progression, subsequently you can only choose the codes you unlocked in multiplayer, but you can join any code someone else has unlocked. If you play levels you haven't unlocked in multiplayer it gives you a pass on completion of that code level, so then you unlock it in your story you can just by pass it. Hope that makes sense.

Basically what i did for about 2 days was go full on multiplayer, was able to gain a bunch of passes and then just went to the story and skipped the levels using the passes. Any levels i wanted a pass for, i just asked the host if i we could do a level, or just go in an just choose it before anyone else does ;). 

While you're doing your multiplayer session and story progression make sure to upgrade your facilities, you will need to unlock code 8 to fully maximize it. Then choose your weapon choice and start the manufacturing upgrade and modifying process. 

Edited by VaNiDgE

37 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

Quick question:
What's the easiest weapon to upgrade to level 10 that doesn't require ridiculous amount of grinding for its materials?

I recommend Blaster.

And never select advanced models at level 5.

You can also purchase some materials from 6-F140.

• Like 1