Termination of online services

StarWolf3000

The online services for Soul Sacrifice Delta will be terminated on December 24 2021, the same day as Freedom Wars servers will cease to exist. This was reported on the japanese microsite for Soul Sacrifice Delta: https://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/online/vcjs15009.html

grafik.png

Translated into English using DeepL:

November 19, 2021 "SOUL SACRIFICE DELTA" Online Service Termination Notice
Thank you for enjoying SOUL SACRIFICE DELTA for PlayStation®Vita.

The online service of "SOUL SACRIFICE DELTA" will be terminated on December 24, 2021 (Friday).
Please note that offline gameplay will continue to be available even after the online service ends.

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the many players who have enjoyed the network play of SOUL SACRIFICE DELTA since its release in March 2014.

Edited by StarWolf3000
Typo

3 hours ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

How hard would this platinum be without other online players helping get through the latter part of the game?  I've never tried this game but always have heard great things about it. 

I’m also interested to know. Any feedback from folks who have completed the game solo?

Soul Sacrifice Delta is Japan version of Soul Sacrifice or what the difference? Also we need to buy brand new copy of Soul Sacrifice Delta to access online? 
I see physical copies of Delta is only from Japan? Never out in US/EU? It’s mean we can’t activate online pass on our Eu/us accounts. The only way is to buy digital version of delta. Right?

4 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

Do you guys think that the affected trophies could be done in such a short time frame?  I don't want to start playing this game only to discover that two or three trophies would require more time & effort to obtain.

Yes technically they can be in the timeframe. There only 2 that need Mp and that kill 20 archfiends. Which if you do a say low lvl one can be killed in seconds if you have high up gear.

And can also be done with ad hoc when mp is offline. The rest is grinding and yes it well be hard to do higher missions solo. But not impossible. As i Solo all but 1 mission in the OG.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zid960 said:

Yes technically they can be in the timeframe. There only 2 that need Mp and that kill 20 archfiends. Which if you do a say low lvl one can be killed in seconds if you have high up gear.

And can also be done with ad hoc when mp is offline. The rest is grinding and yes it well be hard to do higher missions solo. But not impossible. As i Solo all but 1 mission in the OG.

Oh, I see.  Thanks for the clarification.
One thing I still don't understand, it's about this Ad hoc thing.  Does it mean that I need another Vita and another copy of the game?

52 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

Oh, I see.  Thanks for the clarification.
One thing I still don't understand, it's about this Ad hoc thing.  Does it mean that I need another Vita and another copy of the game?

Ideally, an actual friend who is playing the game too, as a lot of the high level bosses will really need multiple people to beat - probably possible solo with an afk second vita, but that could be a really painful experience. Much better with a friend who can ad-hoc play with you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

It’s mean even if I buy brand new copy of Delta I can’t redeem online pass on Eu account?

I think the online pass is region bound. I have a physical copy. 

But I was wondering if the game has received a patch that perhaps makes the online pass no longer required to play online. 

The pass is free, but only available if you buy the game. It isn't available separate on the PlayStation Store (I can't find it).

4 hours ago, ConAir said:

I think the online pass is region bound. I have a physical copy. 

But I was wondering if the game has received a patch that perhaps makes the online pass no longer required to play online. 

The pass is free, but only available if you buy the game. It isn't available separate on the PlayStation Store (I can't find it).

You need the Online Pass to go online. I couldn’t even download the DLC and update to the latest version of the game without the Online Pass.

• Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 9:04 PM, I000_NeedIes said:

I’m also interested to know. Any feedback from folks who have completed the game solo?

I'm pretty close of completing the chapters solo. For anyone wondering how hard is it solo, it's not very hard at all. The AI are pretty good and can hold their own compare to the original version of the game. You don't even need a second copy of the game or another vita. You can just start a lobby and beat the level 1 boss on adhoc mode over and over again once you max out your gear that can handle rank 15 bosses.

The game is a grindfest.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Does this affect both the original game and Delta, or is the original game's online just down already? I'm asking cause I'm not seeing an equivalent thread in that one, or a mention of it here. If I'm not mistaken only that was given through PS+, right?

It affects both the original and Delta and on the same date. 

SOUL SACRIFICE オンラインサービス情報 | プレイステーション® オフィシャルサイト (playstation.com)

• Like 2

I read in another forum that this online shutdown would only affect JP version as it uses dedicated servers whereas EU & US use P2P.  Is this true?

On 11/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, U_mad_bro7778 said:

I'm pretty close of completing the chapters solo. For anyone wondering how hard is it solo, it's not very hard at all. The AI are pretty good and can hold their own compare to the original version of the game. You don't even need a second copy of the game or another vita. You can just start a lobby and beat the level 1 boss on adhoc mode over and over again once you max out your gear that can handle rank 15 bosses.

The game is a grindfest.

So, there is no need for overpowered online players to help?
I've been playing Freedom Wars and boy... the last set of missions i.e. Code 8 are impossible solo, at least for me.  So I wonder if this game is the same.

Edited by milanbarca82

13 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

I read in another forum that this online shutdown would only affect JP version as it uses dedicated servers whereas EU & US use P2P.  Is this true?

So, there is no need for overpowered online players to help?
I've been playing Freedom Wars and boy... the last set of missions i.e. Code 8 are impossible solo, at least for me.  So I wonder if this game is the same.

Based on what I've played so far, it should be pretty manageable solo. The first Soul Sacrifice I can confidently say was, since I've completed that, and so far delta has been less of a challenge due to the AI actually doing something.

Freedom Wars is indeed a different beast. Did that years ago while the online was still populated with people doing high level stuff and that saved a lot of time and effort.

Oh and although the matchmaking itself might be P2P, there are some online functions in the game like a faction standings system where you can log in and claim rewards based on your faction and weekly contribution. But it's just extra as far as trophies and playing the game are concerned.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxRDT said:

So basically, Freedom Wars does contain multiplayer trophies which require online play, but all the Soul Sacrifice multiplayer trophies CAN be done offline? Just read the news about the servers going off and am getting a bit concerned...

All 3 games have MP trophies can be done via Ad-Hoc so the server closure isn't as big of a deal as it otherwise would have been :).

• Like 1

Having looked at the online for Soul Sacrifice Delta, I don't believe slayer points are affected by the online. However, if you want to connect and look at the factions in the Bazaar Lodge, you need an online connection.

I'll test it with my Wifi turned off if it records the slayer points though and report back.

EDIT: With Wifi turned off, I would be able to log my slayer points. So once the servers shut down, those slayer points trophies won't be affected.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 4