Termination of online services

StarWolf3000

On 10/12/2021 at 4:39 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Anyone know if you have to buy the Online Pass for ad hoc mode? 

I'm looking at the store and it says

"Online Pass - Required for online and / or Co-Op use" 

Edit: Also, does anybody know if they're going to delist both games?

Nope, online pass is only needed to play online.

The other thing that is going to be harder once the servers shut down will be getting Avalon's Pride/The Ideal Sorcerer/Sanctuarium's Pride/Faith in the Divine/Grim's Pride/Defying the Gods Themselves trophies. Getting 11,500 slayer points with overpowered people online is a lot easier than grinding it out solo. Thankfully, the partner AI in the game will help make it easier this time around (compared to Ashley from RE4 level AI in the original Soul Sacrifice), but it's going to suck doing Alice maze first three levels over and over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pavelbagirov said:

Game will be delisted when they close servers or will stay on the store?

It's very unlikely that either Freedom Wars or any Soul Sacrifice will be delisted. These are not games that depend on their online functionality and both will be fully functional games even with just the single-player contents. In general, only games which are highly online-focused are delisted when the servers go offline. Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice will be full, meaty games even without their online components. 

Im gonna wait and see if people still get the faction and ad hoc trophies after the shutdown date. Been overwhelmed with freedom wars grinding and work, so I barely managed to get soul sacrifice done thus far. 

Im tempted to jump in on this too, but if I can transfer my data from the original to this, I’d rather just wait and save myself the headache.

Im also fighting against the clock, so I’d rather not throw $20 down the drain for something I don’t actually finish in time.

4 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Im gonna wait and see if people still get the faction and ad hoc trophies after the shutdown date. Been overwhelmed with freedom wars grinding and work, so I barely managed to get soul sacrifice done thus far. 

Im tempted to jump in on this too, but if I can transfer my data from the original to this, I’d rather just wait and save myself the headache.

Im also fighting against the clock, so I’d rather not throw $20 down the drain for something I don’t actually finish in time.

I just got the The Lessons of Shared Ordeals trophy via ad-hoc, an hour or so after the servers shut down.

Edited by Meettchi
  • Like 4

• 10 months later...