winter_bird_22

Data sync trick work here?

6 posts in this topic

I've downloaded Afterbirth+ and enjoyed it a buttload(no connection to the scatological references in the game) and I was trying the Data Sync trick(where you upload your data to the cloud and download it every time you die or mess up something to erase that bad progress, which was mentioned because it was the best way to avoid getting a huge death streak when trying to clear Hard Mode with the Lost, who dies in one hit from even a bullet) and was playing it on old accounts(finally, some use for my discarded accounts!) to try out the trick. It works for me so far(as long as I don't accidentally upload when I meant to download), and after watching Sinvicta's runs on Youtube, I was tempted to try out Repentance but I saw how horribly hard the new bosses and alternate paths are, which put me off of downloading. (Also, I was overcharging my bank account too much from many FFXIV Mog Station purchases, curse you holiday sales.) So does the Data Sync trick still work here? I know it won't work on the two part boss fight with Dogma and The Beast because it's a two part boss rush but I know this trick can help with making decent builds with what you got(by finding out which pills are bad for you, seeing if using the reroll machine is worth losing all your bombs, etc.)

Yes, in general this trick still works. But the game does have a few problems, it crashes from time to time. I'm pretty sure that relying on constant up- and downloading could potentially make those issues worse. So it's better to take this strategy with a grain of salt, at the very least.

Nevermind, I just got to a roadblock: Unlocking the feckin' Lost. I need to pray for a trinket I unlocked(Missing Poster) and then hope a sacrifice room spawns once I get it. I can't uninstall Afterbirth+ as I bought the DLC on the same account as the Rebirth game so it will always upload it. Besides, I wouldn't be able to use the trick with just Rebirth.

*sigh* Another game I love but can't platinum due to stupid RNG. Well, I am not buying Repentance and deleting this game off my account so I don't accidently open it in my main account. :( As the last challenge says: DELETE THIS.

On 11/27/2021 at 1:20 PM, winter_bird_22 said:

Nevermind, I just got to a roadblock: Unlocking the feckin' Lost. I need to pray for a trinket I unlocked(Missing Poster) and then hope a sacrifice room spawns once I get it. I can't uninstall Afterbirth+ as I bought the DLC on the same account as the Rebirth game so it will always upload it. Besides, I wouldn't be able to use the trick with just Rebirth.

*sigh* Another game I love but can't platinum due to stupid RNG. Well, I am not buying Repentance and deleting this game off my account so I don't accidently open it in my main account. :( As the last challenge says: DELETE THIS.

You can use co-op to get completion marks.  Play with any character you want, and join the game with the character you want to get completion marks for.  Even if 2nd player dies, as long as you complete the run, both characters will earn completion marks.  Details here.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:12 PM, Eternal21 said:

You can use co-op to get completion marks.  Play with any character you want, and join the game with the character you want to get completion marks for.  Even if 2nd player dies, as long as you complete the run, both characters will earn completion marks.  Details here.

Thanks for the link. I guess I could use Co-Op as I have two controllers. Running the game on a new account, and put in Repentance. That add-on is really cool and I can't wait to unlock the Alternate Path. Challenges aren't too bad, even the annoying ones like SPEED! and Onan's Streak(you just need a great item on the first item room - shame you can't take item rooms if you want to get a Planetarium).

I apologize for my previous salty rage, I tend to get frustrated easily. Thanks again.

3 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Thanks for the link. I guess I could use Co-Op as I have two controllers. Running the game on a new account, and put in Repentance. That add-on is really cool and I can't wait to unlock the Alternate Path. Challenges aren't too bad, even the annoying ones like SPEED! and Onan's Streak(you just need a great item on the first item room - shame you can't take item rooms if you want to get a Planetarium).

I apologize for my previous salty rage, I tend to get frustrated easily. Thanks again.

I believe you can even use your mobile device as another player, via remote play, so you can use it in place of another controller.