How hard is the platinum?

Quink666

Hades plat difficulty.   

78 members have voted

1. 1. How hard did you find the platinum journey?

• 1/10
    • 2/10
    • 3/10
    • 4/10
    • 5/10
    • 6/10
    • 7/10
    • 8/10
    • 9/10
    • 10/10

4 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Platformers and rougelikes are my kryptonite. 
Will give this game a go regardless of how hard it is since the game looks great. 

Does activating god mode make it significantly easier?

God Mode is actually very smartly implemented in Hades, as it won’t have much immediate effect, but what it does is add a 2% incoming damage reduction with every death, compounding over time.

The net effect will be that the game slowly reduces in difficulty to meet you at your own skill level - then stay there, as it won’t increase the handicap as long as you are succeeding.

You’ll be fine - I’d recommend trying without it for a while, then if it is giving you enough trouble to potentially put you off, switch it on ?

• Like 2

Not super hard? I voted 5 of 10 and did it all without god mode. There's a definite learning curve, and you'll die a lot more earlier on, until you can afford more mirror buffs. Just make sure to always give nectar when you can to keep individual storylines moving, and save a few for encounters in the dungeon.

• Like 2

On 2021-11-26 at 8:05 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

You’ll be fine - I’d recommend trying without it for a while, then if it is giving you enough trouble to potentially put you off, switch it on 1f44d.png

Yeah that’s the plan. If I start struggling to much I simply turn it on. Bought the game and everything now. Just gotta get through my massive backlog of 2 games ? before I start Hades. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still working on my platinum but I can safely say this game is not hard at all, just very repetitive. It takes a while to "get" the game and its philosophy, but after you understand what you need to do and that the purpose of the whole thing is to try different combinations of perks/weapons over and over again, it's simple. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 6:05 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

God Mode is actually very smartly implemented in Hades, as it won’t have much immediate effect, but what it does is add a 2% incoming damage reduction with every death, compounding over time.

Is compound the correct word here? It adds 2 percentage points to your damage reduction with each death which stacks. 
Don't mean to be too technical. 

3 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

Is compound the correct word here? It adds 2 percentage points to your damage reduction with each death which stacks. 
Don't mean to be too technical. 

Yeah, you're right, it's a 2% damage reduction increasing incrementally with each death.

I guess I meant the net effect on the player is a compounding easing of the game, as each 2% will compound the effect on their progress - but you're right, it's not compounding in the same sense as, say, compounding interest in a bank or something.