Why is the 100% on this game rare?

Jeffboy289

I cant remember the full trophy description but can remember getting far into a mission and then having to start over because all our team died. Then thought screw this im playing something else.

Maybe the same for others.

Hate team missions/raids with real players. Especially when trophies are involved. You are so relient on them and alot of time out of your hands

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

The main reason is that the DLC trophy is probably way harder than anything in the base game.
So many people never bothered with it, including myself. Plus, a lone bronze is not much incentive for doing all the missions to begin with.

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

The main reason is that the DLC trophy is probably way harder than anything in the base game.
So many people never bothered with it, including myself. Plus, a lone bronze is not much incentive for doing all the missions to begin with.

after a long time hunting, you don't care if a game doesn't have platinum, or gold, etc. there are two collections I'm currently playing (Contra Anniversay Collection and Capcom Arcade Stadium) and both only have bronze trophies and no platinum.

"oh but it's a lot of effort just for a bronze!" the most valuable imo is how rare or difficult a particular trophy represents, and having a trophy that most people (hunters) don't even try is prestigious.

Does anyone know if this DLC is free? there are half a million game owners and only 17,000 on the DLC, and even if it's free, for you to be counted as a DLC owner, I think you need to win its only trophy.

25 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

after a long time hunting, you don't care if a game doesn't have platinum, or gold, etc. there are two collections I'm currently playing (Contra Anniversay Collection and Capcom Arcade Stadium) and both only have bronze trophies and no platinum.

"oh but it's a lot of effort just for a bronze!" the most valuable imo is how rare or difficult a particular trophy represents, and having a trophy that most people (hunters) don't even try is prestigious.

Does anyone know if this DLC is free? there are half a million game owners and only 17,000 on the DLC, and even if it's free, for you to be counted as a DLC owner, I think you need to win its only trophy.

It is free. No paid DLC for MW2019.

But with DLC like this, you need to unlock a trophy for the DLC, so that's why even though everybody who owns the game owns the DLC it's only 17k.

14 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its the only trophy i have from MW. Can't be due to difficulty as its very easy, did everything first go. 

Actually just looked and its 18% that's pretty high, thought it was going to be 1%. 

When did you do it?

Because I completed it a month after launch. And it was one of the worst things I had ever played and was brutally difficult, not like Dark Souls difficult, but bullshit nearly impossible to complete.

Tons of enemies, 1hr+, take a few hits before you die, if everybody dies start at the beginning of the mission.

--------------

As for OP's question: The mode was fucking brutal AND awful at launch. I believe they added checkpoints eventually and nerfed the difficulty immensely, nowadays you could probably complete it with your eyes closed. Besides the general ridiculous artificial difficulty, boring objectives, boring enemies, etc the mode was super buggy.

Not fun spending 45 minutes to get halfway through the mission just for the helicopter to bug and you NEED to restart.

Easily one of the worst things I've ever played/done in COD.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

Got the plat when I rented it for $2 at RedBox. Completed the missions for the dlc trophy but it didn't pop. It wasn't fun, definitely poorly planned and tacked on. Returned it to attempt it again later.

Went to grab it again a few weeks later and RedBox stopped game rentals. I'll do it someday, but only if I come across it if it's dirt cheap because I don't give Activision/Blizzard much.

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

It is free. No paid DLC for MW2019.

But with DLC like this, you need to unlock a trophy for the DLC, so that's why even though everybody who owns the game owns the DLC it's only 17k.

When did you do it?

Because I completed it a month after launch. And it was one of the worst things I had ever played and was brutally difficult, not like Dark Souls difficult, but bullshit nearly impossible to complete.

Tons of enemies, 1hr+, take a few hits before you die, if everybody dies start at the beginning of the mission.

August last year. Did everything first go and in 1 night. Its the only time i ever played the game. 

Am I the only one that really enjoyed Spec Ops? For me it was the best part of the game. I did play it a couple months after release so maybe the difficulty had been nerfed already, but it was still a lot harder than anything in the base game.

What I find weird is the collapse in platinum rarity. When I got it, it was around 20%. Now it’s around 8%. When it’s probably one of the easiest Call of Duty’s to platinum.

4 hours ago, Jeffboy289 said:

So if i want to complete it 100%, i should better keep my hands of this?

Solo this won‘t be doable, am i right?

So it‘s all about finding the right teammates to do this, kinda with the last GTA Online Heists update.

The way the mode plays now is immensely easier than 2 years ago when it launched.

Less buggy, enemies have different spawning, you won't get shot from 360 degrees, you won't die by peeking a single pixel.

It's nowhere near as difficult as GTA. I'm assuming they still have the 4 player requirement and I'd assume finding randoms would be impossible since nobody plays it.But yeah, if trying to find 3 others to do it sounds annoying steer cleer.

20 hours ago, Baker said:

Am I the only one that really enjoyed Spec Ops? For me it was the best part of the game. I did play it a couple months after release so maybe the difficulty had been nerfed already, but it was still a lot harder than anything in the base game.

What I find weird is the collapse in platinum rarity. When I got it, it was around 20%. Now it’s around 8%. When it’s probably one of the easiest Call of Duty’s to platinum.

I think so.

I adored MW2's Spec Ops, MW3's less so but was still really fun. This. This is not MW Spec Ops. This is some poorly made, buggy, poor difficulty scaling, etc. The mode was probably adjusted ever so slightly even just a handful of months after launch. The Survival mode is awful too.

They ended up adding some semblance of Spec Ops missions but those were locked behind Seasonal Tokens or some bullshit.