giant gold crowns trophy

GeserAndersen

I miss 2 trophies for MHW platinum (base game, I don't have iceborne) one of arena challenges, and one of giant gold crowns I haven't played in a long time, and I don't remember if the monsters added as an event (deviljho, lunastra, and all crossover monsters) are needed for the gold trophy

I hope someone can answer me

Edited by GeserAndersen

For MHW you don't need the Gold Crown for Deviljho and Lunastra or any of the crossover Monsters in the base game, a lot of the base game Monsters can be found in these events which hopefully are still running.

Deep Green Blues ( Ancient forest) - Great Jagras / Pukei - Pukei / Tobi - Kadachi / Anjanath / Rathalos

Wildspire Bolero ( WildSpire Waste) - Barroth / Jyuratodus / Rathian / Diablos / Kulu - Ya- Ku

Coral Waltz (Coral Highlands) - Tzitzi - Ya - Ku / Paolumu / Legiana / Pink Rathian

Effluvial Opera (Rotten Vale) - Great Girros / Radobaan / Odogaron / Bazelgeuse

Rock N' Roll Recess (Elders Recess) - Dodogama / Uragaan / Lavasioth / Azure Rathalos

(Credit to FuzzyRabbidDogg for this information ^)

For the Elder Dragons tho......prepare for a long ass grind or not...maybe you'll get lucky. Try to do the investigations that have a least two silver and one gold reward as this will increase your chances for Giant or Mini Gold Crowns. You can get them in Silver-only investigations I believe but it's really crazy rare.

However, if you do decide to get Iceborne then you'd need Gold Crown for both Deviljho and Lunasta.

Edited by SimmondsR
  • Like 3

Deviljho and Luna are not needed for the world platinum even if you have iceborne, they are also are not hard crowns to get. Deviljho has an event where both crowns spawn 100% of the time and Luna you get a ton of High Rank investigations which you can use Iceborne gear on and never be at any risk of dying since at that point you have more stats than the boss itself.

If you're going for the Iceborne platinum, then you need them because they're part of the requirements.

What I did was I only went crown hunting for the Elder Dragons, for world this is pretty easy since their versions in iceborne are upgraded versions and are considered different species. All the base game non-elder world monsters including Black Diablos have some type of guaranteed crown event. If you're in iceborne gear you can just crush bosses like Nergigante in around a minute and break all their parts. Look for the proper rewards match up of gold and silver and make a USB save, then exhaust all your hunts. If you didn't get a crown just reload your save. World has far less stuff to crown hunt for than iceborne. The Starter set you get that's supposed to speed run you through world has better stats than anything in World itself.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SimmondsR said:

For MHW you don't need the Gold Crown for Deviljho and Lunastra or any of the crossover Monsters in the base game, a lot of the base game Monsters can be found in these events which hopefully are still running.

Deep Green Blues ( Ancient forest) - Great Jagras / Pukei - Pukei / Tobi - Kadachi / Anjanath / Rathalos

Wildspire Bolero ( WildSpire Waste) - Barroth / Jyuratodus / Rathian / Diablos / Kulu - Ya- Ku

Coral Waltz (Coral Highlands) - Tzitzi - Ya - Ku / Paolumu / Legiana / Pink Rathian

Effluvial Opera (Rotten Vale) - Great Girros / Radobaan / Odogaron / Bazelgeuse

Rock N' Roll Recess (Elders Recess) - Dodogama / Uragaan / Lavasioth / Azure Rathalos

(Credit to FuzzyRabbidDogg for this information ^)

For the Elder Dragons tho......prepare for a long ass grind or not...maybe you'll get lucky. Try to do the investigations that have a least two silver and one gold reward as this will increase your chances for Giant or Mini Gold Crowns. You can get them in Silver-only investigations I believe but it's really crazy rare.

However, if you do decide to get Iceborne then you'd need Gold Crown for both Deviljho and Lunasta.

so I just have to kill a giant kirin and I'm done with the base game

1 hour ago, GeserAndersen said:

so I just have to kill a giant kirin and I'm done with the base game

Seems to be that way, he's one of the easier ones to tell because you can fit fully under his belly without your head touching. You can also farm his tracks for investigations without actually engaging him.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Seems to be that way, he's one of the easier ones to tell because you can fit fully under his belly without your head touching. You can also farm his tracks for investigations without actually engaging him.

I managed to find the giant kirin, now all I need is the trophy of the 50 arena missions

can i do the challenges? do they count as arena mission? in case they don't count, I could do 50 times that of kulu-ya-ku

17 minutes ago, GeserAndersen said:

I managed to find the giant kirin, now all I need is the trophy of the 50 arena missions

can i do the challenges? do they count as arena mission? in case they don't count, I could do 50 times that of kulu-ya-ku

I did the Kulu mission and mosswine missions a bunch of times IIRC.

• Like 1