Exploit For Racing Season

xl-Kyo-lx

7 hours ago, WereyCar said:

How does this work? You say download, so how do you keep everything if you just download the save?

Racing Season XP, Gears, Coin [at least the ones tied to the racing season rewards, Gears and Coin earned during the race are connected to your save file] are connected to the online servers so they get saved that way.  Daily objectives are tied to your save file.

Edited by grap2000
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, grap2000 said:

Racing Season XP, Gears, Coin [at least the ones tied to the racing season rewards, Gears and Coin earned during the race are connected to your save file] are connected to the online servers so they get saved that way.  Daily objectives are tied to your save file.

Correct.

8 hours ago, WereyCar said:

Interesting, thanks for the info. This will help when I get around to the ps4 version. Unfortunately no need to do this on PS5 anymore because the expansion is lackluster.

Idc about the expansion, I got the platinum for it so i'm happy :')

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, grap2000 said:

So at what point exactly do you quit and download save?

say my challenge is ‘finish 1st in 3 races’… do I finish the last race in 1st and then quit or do I wait for the XP to add on the next menu then quit??

Update: tried and tested as of today (07 Jan 22). This technique works and to clarify, you complete the event, get the rewards, quit to main menu, close game and then reload save.

cheers all!

Edited by RMCurran88

This works really well, thank you for the tips!

One thing which seems obvious, but will maximise your progress, is to do the exploit once you have set up the daily challenges so you only need to complete one race to complete all 3 challenges at once (450XP).

In order to do this I had to wait a few days for the right combination of challenges to appear!

A good set I found can be seen below:

PXL_20220109_122349032.jpg

For these challenges I used a car with 5 boost slots (not continuous), and played on the map Drift Academy/Spiral 101 vs easy bots. I was able to complete the challenges easily throughout the race. 

Note: After a few weeks of playing I couldn't see any challenge combinations which gave you more than 450XP maximum for this current season. 

Edited by BinkUncia
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, BinkUncia said:

This works really well, thank you for the tips!

One thing which seems obvious, but will maximise your progress, is to do the exploit once you have set up the daily challenges so you only need to complete one race to complete all 3 challenges at once (450XP).

In order to do this I had to wait a few days for the right combination of challenges to appear!

A good set I found can be seen below:

PXL_20220109_122349032.jpg

For these challenges I used a car with 5 boost slots (not continuous), and played on the map Drift Academy/Spiral 101 vs easy bots. I was able to complete the challenges easily throughout the race. 

Note: After a few weeks of playing I couldn't see any challenge combinations which gave you more than 450XP maximum for this current season. 

This is very helpful towards other players, yes you can also complete all the challenges and then do the exploit :')

On 12/2/2021 at 3:49 PM, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Idc about the expansion, I got the platinum for it so i'm happy :')

Lucky you, I don't think I'll be able to. I can't do the time trials. I think it's unfair to have to fly around and find short cuts.. if I'm able to do than, then I get screwed by spiders or some obstacle. I shouldn't have to fly around like I'm starscream. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andre3K1823 said:

Lucky you, I don't think I'll be able to. I can't do the time trials. I think it's unfair to have to fly around and find short cuts.. if I'm able to do than, then I get screwed by spiders or some obstacle. I shouldn't have to fly around like I'm starscream. 

Pretty sure the vast majority of them don't require finding any shortcuts. In fact, off the top of my head I can only recall 1 that needed it.

12 hours ago, J_Chmielinski said:

Pretty sure the vast majority of them don't require finding any shortcuts. In fact, off the top of my head I can only recall 1 that needed it.

Oh, that's probably the one I tried 30 tines straight and gave up on them all. 

21 hours ago, DragonStar10 said:

Can someone confirm if this still works after the patch? I tried deleting my save, started a new one and my challenges were already done 

I never said anything about deleting your save? Ofcourse it won't work then, read carefully!

3 hours ago, Andre3K1823 said:

What happen to the daily challenges?

I was thinking the same thing. I logged on yesterday and I as soon as I finish a race it brings me back to the main menu - so im not earning any XP towards the season and I cant see daily challenges. Thought it was just a bug but it still isnt there this morning 

So those cars that could be earned through the first racing pass are gone forever?

I got through Level 50+ by repeating daily challenges to farm coins and gears for the trophies but I never bothered to buy the $5.99 racing pass to collect those rewards.

EDIT - I just asked a Milestone dev on Discord and got this reply, “For now, they're gone forever. We have no plans regarding but if something changes, we'll keep you posted.”

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So correct me if I'm wrong. To use the exploit, do I have turn off auto-sync for my save data, complete the daily challenges, quit the game, download the save data from cloud storage and the daily challenges will be reset?

EDIT: It works.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today I experimented with the findings of @II-BurnedSins-II and tried to write a more in-depth-guide for this combination of daily challenges, which are available right now today (05.03.2022):

Daily challenges
1) Races to complete: 1 = 70 EXP

• Any races you do will count for this challenge.
  • "Complete" means "just cross the finish line".
  • Even if you cross the finish line and you are at place twelve, the race will still count as "completed".

2) Complete 3 Skatepark Races = 135 EXP

• Simply take part in 3 races and cross the finish line three times.

3) Drift for 8,500 cm // 3,346 inches in a Race = 405 Exp

• Step 1: Set the AI difficulty to easy
  • Step 2: Select a course where you can or have to drive out of bounds on an even terrain and just drift for some minutes.
  • Step 3: Just complete the race. 

Recommended Skatepark category track, where you can drive out of bounds and drift as much as you like:
Freestyle Paradise - Why? Take a look at this video I found on YouTube, created from another person

Be aware of two things when using the exploit:
1.  You will notice an increase of gears and coins ONLY when the new level you gained through the experience you got when you finished the challenge, actually did grant you a gain of gears and/or coins!
2. After loading the backup savegame you will notice that you lost some coins. Reason: The coins you lost when using this method, are the ones you get when you finished the race and got a placement which granted you coins. Coins and gears which are awarded when you reached a new season level are NOT lost!

Preparing for repeated gain of 540 EXP total for challenge 2) and 3)
1. Finish two "Quick Races" on the Track "Freestyle paradise" - Category: "Skatepark"
2. When the second race on the track is finished, press continue and you are back on the games main menu.
3. Then quit to XMB, close the game and backup your savegame
4. Restart the game
5. Finish another quick race where you drift the 8,500 cm // 3,346 incheson the track "Freestyle paradise" - Category: "Skatepark and complete this race after the drifting is done.
6. Continue to the game's main menu
7. Then just go to XMB, close the game and download the backup savegame
8. Start the game again, and you should notice that the gain of coins and/or gears is saved and that you can still complete challenge 2) and 3) again.
9. Rinse and repeat 

If something is not clear, just give me a heads up ;-)

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2022 at 0:05 PM, Geridian said:

Today I experimented with the findings of @II-BurnedSins-II and tried to write a more in-depth-guide for this combination of daily challenges, which are available right now today (05.03.2022):

Daily challenges
1) Races to complete: 1 = 70 EXP

• Any races you do will count for this challenge.
  • "Complete" means "just cross the finish line".
  • Even if you cross the finish line and you are at place twelve, the race will still count as "completed".

2) Complete 3 Skatepark Races = 135 EXP

• Simply take part in 3 races and cross the finish line three times.

3) Drift for 8,500 cm // 3,346 inches in a Race = 405 Exp

• Step 1: Set the AI difficulty to easy
  • Step 2: Select a course where you can or have to drive out of bounds on an even terrain and just drift for some minutes.
  • Step 3: Just complete the race. 

Recommended Skatepark category track, where you can drive out of bounds and drift as much as you like:
Freestyle Paradise - Why? Take a look at this video I found on YouTube, created from another person

Be aware of two things when using the exploit:
1.  You will notice an increase of gears and coins ONLY when the new level you gained through the experience you got when you finished the challenge, actually did grant you a gain of gears and/or coins!
2. After loading the backup savegame you will notice that you lost some coins. Reason: The coins you lost when using this method, are the ones you get when you finished the race and got a placement which granted you coins. Coins and gears which are awarded when you reached a new season level are NOT lost!

Preparing for repeated gain of 540 EXP total for challenge 2) and 3)
1. Finish two "Quick Races" on the Track "Freestyle paradise" - Category: "Skatepark"
2. When the second race on the track is finished, press continue and you are back on the games main menu.
3. Then quit to XMB, close the game and backup your savegame
4. Restart the game
5. Finish another quick race where you drift the 8,500 cm // 3,346 incheson the track "Freestyle paradise" - Category: "Skatepark and complete this race after the drifting is done.
6. Continue to the game's main menu
7. Then just go to XMB, close the game and download the backup savegame
8. Start the game again, and you should notice that the gain of coins and/or gears is saved and that you can still complete challenge 2) and 3) again.
9. Rinse and repeat 

If something is not clear, just give me a heads up ;-)

Thank you that you took your time to write this detailed version of the exploit, much appreciated!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, s-cyrax said:

Somebody knows. No new seasons?

On the discord they did say no more seasons. So I'm not holding out any hope. Just been grinding some online races then selling/dismantled the rewards. It's going to take a while, or the other option is AFK lobbies online since there is no penalty timer and get coins whilst doing other things.

Edited by MushuMixLipa

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2022 at 7:11 PM, MushuMixLipa said:

...the other option is AFK lobbies online since there is no penalty timer and get coins whilst doing other things.

The problem there, at least back when I played it, is the fact that you will get stuck in lobbies with other people AFK and the race will never end.

You might get the odd person running, I remember being in races with everyone else AFK and did race around a few times but then you leave and they all just sit there.  You could sit there for 8 hours overnight and not earn a thing, which happened to me once. This will be more prevalent now it's hit PS+.

5 hours ago, Anke said:

The problem there, at least back when I played it, is the fact that you will get stuck in lobbies with other people AFK and the race will never end.

You might get the odd person running, I remember being in races with everyone else AFK and did race around a few times but then you leave and they all just sit there.  You could sit there for 8 hours overnight and not earn a thing, which happened to me once. This will be more prevalent now it's hit PS+.

Yeah it's not ideal at all. The only other method is to do a short race over and over which nets you 50 credits. The shortest one I can find is called Crossroads. It's 3 laps but 30 seconds a lap and it's right at the start of the game.