I've created a Monster Ability checklist.

SajoAtine

As the title states, I've created a checklist on google sheets to hopefully assist people with monster ability learning. It includes information about which monsters give which abilities so it may be helpful in planning forms as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knFSG1a1C9Kl__RTxcjiqJ9sNhxsId44mJ7kdIcNMmY/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if there are any improvements that can be made to this.

I hope to make a character technique list as well, was thinking of doing magic too but that's not quite as difficult to visualize and organize in my opinion.

• Like 4

On 11/30/2021 at 7:58 PM, kuj8402 said:

Damn you really got into this game to make this list!  My problem is figuring out if I should absorb or not and if it will make the monster weaker potentially.  I am not even sure what to start looking for lots of information to process.

Yeah I can get obsessive about games I really like and the last few nights at work have been dead so I've had a lot of free time.

From my research, in general, you want to secure a few skills (or all) that belong to the end-game monster forms you want + magical heal + rain of life, then reserve the last slot for random ability absorption so that you build your prime HP up, eventually securing the last slot with a preferred skill and never absorbing again.

I've finished my Human Techniques checklist as well. It has a section describing Zaraktheus's Spark difficulty value generation vs technique required and another section for enemies and their personal Spark difficulty values for easier cross referencing.

Also updating my monster ability checklist (slowly) to automatically highlight obtained skills on the monster list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXEQ-7DAvE2worVE-LnoJRv1gPenuwOQ4leB_eodEKA/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by SajoAtine

On 12/5/2021 at 1:54 PM, kuj8402 said:

This game is great if you are into building characters.  Are you going to add where to find the monsters for the skills?  Like I wish I knew the basilisk was easy to farm in the swamp before the Krakens show up.

Probably not, not only because that's a lot of extra work but because you can generally use the species identifier to figure out of you'll be able to fight the monster based on the sprite you see on the map. I guess I should include a link to the encounter guide on gamefaqs though so you can reference the [S Rank] monsters (which are monsters that ONLY join in battle, you can't find them on the map ever).

Also wanted to mention I finished the automatic updating for eliminating monsters via skills learned at the bottom of each character's page.

Just add your skill absorbed like normal ("1" in the "Obtained" column) and it should highlight the ability on the chart below. Get all 4 abilities and the monster name highlights green and gets a strikethrough.