How to reach level 99 in 400 hours (250 hours once /playerX is added)

NathanielJohn

28 minutes ago, Vextens said:

I would like to know what derbaeer's strategy was, though. With a Stone of Jordan trophy popped after getting the level 99 trophies, they clearly didn't farm DClone to get to level 99. May have farmed Ubers or just done Diablo, Nihlathak, or Baal runs but those just aren't as time efficient as DClone.

Id bet good money that they’re not legit. In addition to the trophy order being absolutely bizarre, Sony’s servers show that they have only played the game for 57 hours. I’m not sure how much I trust Sony to accurately track that, but when combined with absurd things like getting his first SoJ 8 minutes after level 99, it seems pretty definitive to me.

22 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Id bet good money that they’re not legit. In addition to the trophy order being absolutely bizarre, Sony’s servers show that they have only played the game for 57 hours. I’m not sure how much I trust Sony to accurately track that, but when combined with absurd things like getting his first SoJ 8 minutes after level 99, it seems pretty definitive to me.

I agree with you and it's more interesting than that. They got the SoJ less than a minute after getting to level 99. The only two explanations I can think of would be that they had someone online ready to give them an SoJ the moment they hit 99 or they had a large quantity of unidentified rings they'd collected and one just so happened to be an SoJ. Because it would be borderline impossible to have actually had an SoJ drop so close to something like getting to 99. Otherwise, the order of their trophies isn't unbelievable.

Otherwise, the only other thing of note is that they spent some amount of time playing the PS4/PS5 stacks of Skyrim as well as Far Cry 6 but without knowing how they grinded it's hard to say whether that distraction would have impacted their grind to 99. It's an interesting case to be sure.

19 hours ago, Vextens said:

Honestly, it must have been a blur. Near the end of the grind to 99 I looked back at how many hours I'd put into it and was shocked. In the time that I was grinding, I watched the entirety of Smallville (10 seasons), all of Angel (5 seasons), and the first 3 seasons of Supernatural. I wouldn't say I went crazy but I'll admit it was stressful at times. I devoted pretty much all the free time I had into grinding and felt that any time not spent grinding was only postponing getting it done. I'm very glad I'd put off clearing Hell with the other character classes as that was a breath of fresh air after grinding for so long and allowed me to finish the platinum in a more relaxed way. I'm not sure I'll ever knowingly go for a platinum that requires hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get. D2R was merely a special case for me as it was an important game in my childhood and I wanted it as my 100th milestone.

I understand why you went with Smallville, it was a cry for help each time an new episode started. "Somebody save me"

(For people that don't know what that means, the intro song starts with those words)

Great accomplishment though!

Did it once on PC many, many years ago, might do it again once I get a PS5.

Edited by JusttJD

6 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Yeah

No thanks

Im grinding hardcore legit

I wanna be proud of myself when i unlock the hardcore 99

I got a Fully decked out max block summon necro completed from head to toe with 10%bonus xp anni

im not worried

Seems kind of ironic that you want to be "proud of yourself" for doing it legit, then have 3/4 of your platinums be 10 minute braindead games, do they make you proud too? ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Seems kind of ironic that you want to be "proud of yourself" for doing it legit, then have 3/4 of your platinums be 10 minute braindead games, do they make you proud too? 1f606.png

Yeah

i am, its called a platinum streak

maybe you should look up some of the milestone threads before you start assuming things

i got 306 platinums in 8years running without missing a single month in between

you cant have all 400 hour platinums to keep a streak like that going

ffs

should all my games be 600 hour call of duty black ops 4 kind of platinums

or can i have some stupid ones too Mr Trophy Police, is that ok with u?

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

You posted in this thread for the sole purpose of declaring that everyone who plays the game in a different way than you isn't doing it "legit", and then call *other* people "Mr Trophy Police"?

Why does every thread on this site about an exploit, glitch, or even just a grinding method have to be derailed by this same stupid crap every time?

Ok so ill explain in short really simply of how this got derailed

my original post: i rather play the game without cheats, enough said

followed by

Some random: but you have a bunch of easy games on your profile

Finished with my rebuttal of: um sure

ok but regardless of some of my games difficulty ratings, i didnt cheat so whats your point

On 05/12/2021 at 5:58 PM, Vextens said:

Honestly, it must have been a blur. Near the end of the grind to 99 I looked back at how many hours I'd put into it and was shocked. In the time that I was grinding, I watched the entirety of Smallville (10 seasons), all of Angel (5 seasons), and the first 3 seasons of Supernatural. I wouldn't say I went crazy but I'll admit it was stressful at times. I devoted pretty much all the free time I had into grinding and felt that any time not spent grinding was only postponing getting it done. I'm very glad I'd put off clearing Hell with the other character classes as that was a breath of fresh air after grinding for so long and allowed me to finish the platinum in a more relaxed way. I'm not sure I'll ever knowingly go for a platinum that requires hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get. D2R was merely a special case for me as it was an important game in my childhood and I wanted it as my 100th milestone.

Damn, sounds pretty intense. Cool that you watched Angel, loved that show back in the day.

I dont think it's riskier than chaos or baal runs tbh. Probably a lot safer than Nihlathak too. I just finished assemblying a smite build and it's super safe so far. In chaos De Seis or Infector can be a bigger threat imo, Baal wave 2 can take long and last wave can hit hard sometimes too. Btw, never go over players 3 for diablo as xp is capped.

2 hours ago, RGSchmitz said:

I dont think it's riskier than chaos or baal runs tbh. Probably a lot safer than Nihlathak too. I just finished assemblying a smite build and it's super safe so far. In chaos De Seis or Infector can be a bigger threat imo, Baal wave 2 can take long and last wave can hit hard sometimes too. Btw, never go over players 3 for diablo as xp is capped.

Only diablos xp is capped but not the bosses and with lvl 92 they give good exp so I do my 2 mins cs runs on p8

15 minutes ago, Spatzl30 said:

Only diablos xp is capped but not the bosses and with lvl 92 they give good exp so I do my 2 mins cs runs on p8

The CS runs may be a good option at the moment with the level that you are but I'd say once you get to level 95/96+ you'll want to strictly farm DClone. All the Superuniques in the CS like de Seis, Infector, and Grand Vizier have a monster level of 88 so once you exceed that 5 level threshold at level 94 you'll begin to get experience penalties for being a higher level than them in addition to the penalties you've also been accumulating just from being a high level yourself and so only Diablo would be valuable to farm in which case it's just faster to farm DClone for more experience. The playersx command is definitely a useful tool to use. And a Blessed Hammer paladin can do wonders in the CS as well. Just be careful of de Seis and good luck!

On 06/12/2021 at 7:16 PM, Property_Damage said:

Ok so ill explain in short really simply of how this got derailed

my original post: i rather play the game without cheats, enough said

followed by

Some random: but you have a bunch of easy games on your profile

Finished with my rebuttal of: um sure

ok but regardless of some of my games difficulty ratings, i didnt cheat so whats your point

If you need to do quick and easy plats to keep your streak alive then what is the point of the steak?

Surely it lose all validity the moment you have to concede your streak and "buy" an easy plat to keep it alive.

To quote a Binding of Issac youtuber who is known for going on victory streaks - "The best part of losing a streak is getting the ability to start it all over again".

1 hour ago, IAmNotXJ9 said:

If you need to do quick and easy plats to keep your streak alive then what is the point of the steak?

Surely it lose all validity the moment you have to concede your streak and "buy" an easy plat to keep it alive.

To quote a Binding of Issac youtuber who is known for going on victory streaks - "The best part of losing a streak is getting the ability to start it all over again".

Why are we even still going on about this

ive killed my streak after 8years but someone wanted to bring up some games on my list, can we keep this thread back to how you can Cheat the trophies please thanks

My plat strategy is right or im missing screwing something?

- Player 8 hardcore necro right niow (just starting) im ant normal act 5 and already lv45

- Get to nightmare andy and countless to get enigma and other runewords (ps4 so dupping, and save backup every now and then)

- Get every runeword i need to "speedrun" all characters to hell

- Farm lv 99, SoJ, Ubers with my necro (bad idea as necro is slow in runs couse skellies right?)

So, what im wrong is to begin with a necro in first place, so once i get to knighmare change to a hammerdin is faster and better? or is necro a good option for ubbers? why i see people farming with sorcerer, is she faster in farming than hammerdin?

also some questions, where ca i farm:

Zakkarum Shield, Raven Frost ring, a skills amulet, shako, tal rasha set.