How to reach level 99 in 400 hours (250 hours once /playerX is added)

NathanielJohn

34 minutes ago, Eruyom said:

where can you farm the shield for exile and phase blade???? i tried pit but nothing

Farm hell flayer jungle, flayer dungeon and Swamy Pitt for phase blade. Make you magic find as close to zero as possible. 

Use the cube to create sockets in phase blade. Backup first in case sockets arnt what you need. 

Any paladin shield of suitable level can have 4 sockets. You can use cube one you find one of suitable level. 

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-

9 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Farm hell flayer jungle, flayer dungeon and Swamy Pitt for phase blade. Make you magic find as close to zero as possible. 

Use the cube to create sockets in phase blade. Backup first in case sockets arnt what you need. 

Any paladin shield of suitable level can have 4 sockets. You can use cube one you find one of suitable level. 

but any tipe or +45 res shield?

26 minutes ago, Eruyom said:

but any tipe or +45 res shield?

That's simply going to come down to rng. Like @Rando-Calrisian- said, the most important thing is to farm high monster density areas with preferably 0 magic find. I personally found a lot of my bases in the brief time I was farming the chaos sanctuary. Cows are another good spot due to density. And of course act 3 with all the flayers. And I wouldn't hold out for a +45 res pally shield. That's going to be extraordinarily rare. Your first decently high res one will work. 

11 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

I can second this, I am playing with /players 3 and a full run takes about 60 seconds (loading, getting items, selling, running around and killing diablo).

I have a Smiter Paladin and my gear is:

Helm: Harlequins Crest

Body Armor: Enigma

Gloves: Laying of Hands

Boots: Gore Rider

Belt: Arachnids Mesh

Amulet: Highlord's Wrath

Rings: Raven Frost + Stone of Jordan

Sword: Grief Phase Blade

Shield: Exile Paladin Shield

Alt Sword: Call to Arms Sceptre

Alt Shield: Spirit Paladin Shield

Merc Has:

Helm: Andariels Visage

Body Armor: Fortitude

Weapon: Infinity Thresher

Assuming you play offline so you can backup your save in case you die, the hard part is the mental fortitude you need to grind all of high end gear and the grind to get to L99. 

The game is easy with the right gear, getting that gear to drop is a different story.

I read on a forum that the real boss of Diablo 2 Ressurected is not Diablo or Baal but RNG.

So you can't kill the same enemy and wait for the enemy to respawn :eyebrow:?

25 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

So you can't kill the same enemy and wait for the enemy to respawn :eyebrow:?

No. I recommend try the game out and learn the basics so you can get a feel of the mechanics of the game. Worth the experience! :)

Edited by Gattusso02

3 hours ago, Eruyom said:

Def matter? or a low level pala shield would work? regular got lik 16 def and elite like 189 i supouse that matters

I wouldn't say Defense matters the most for the shield though you definitely want an Elite class paladin shield over Normal or Exceptional as they'll have the best %Block Chance and Smite Damage. So if you can find a Sacred Targe, Sacred Rondache, Kurast Shield, Zakarum Shield, or a Vortex Shield with a decent amount of +Res that'll be a good base for an Exile. From what I gather, Sacred Targes or Vortex Shields are the best of the best when it comes to Smite Damage, %Block Chance, and Strength Requirements.

4 hours ago, Vextens said:

That's simply going to come down to rng. Like @Rando-Calrisian- said, the most important thing is to farm high monster density areas with preferably 0 magic find. I personally found a lot of my bases in the brief time I was farming the chaos sanctuary. Cows are another good spot due to density. And of course act 3 with all the flayers. And I wouldn't hold out for a +45 res pally shield. That's going to be extraordinarily rare. Your first decently high res one will work. 

cant farm chaos on more than player 3, flyer i can run it on player 8 but i dont know if the monster level is enought to get an elite paladin shield (already got a phase blade)

5 minutes ago, Eruyom said:

cant farm chaos on more than player 3, flyer i can run it on player 8 but i dont know if the monster level is enought to get an elite paladin shield (already got a phase blade)

Sacred Targe: quality level 63

Sacred Rondache: quality level 70

Kurast Shield: quality level 74

Zakarum Shield: quality level 82

Vortex Shield: quality level 85

Diablo 2 Cheat Sheet by Michaelangel007 (diabloiiresurrected.com)

Near the bottom of the link above is each area in the game with their respective Normal, Nightmare, and Hell area levels. Should help you to find areas suitable for you that have monsters with a sufficient level to drop the bases you're looking for. I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Some questions about my smitter build before i reespect to farm torches

Wep: grief

Shield: Exile - Its make it in a 37 res sacred rondache, no luck in find a 45 res elite shield, is that like a very important thing or im good with -8 res?

chest: Enigma

helmet: Tal Rasha crest - farm guilleumes face? cant find it anywahere and tal rasha give me 15 res to my bad shield res

belt: something about ears cant remember the name, cant find thundergods vigor anywhere

boots: gore riders

gloves: lay of hands or magefist to teleport

ring: ravenfrost

ring2 - no idea, farming Soj before respect?

amulet - a creafted one i thing couse no luck in drop maras, metalgrid or anyother good one

how bad im i? do i lack something crucial to farm ubers like thunder absorb or im good to go?

is hammerdin or smitter the fastest build to farm the Soj? couse maybe i should farm it before reespect, im lack of a second good ring or and amulet anyway.

1 hour ago, Eruyom said:

Some questions about my smitter build before i reespect to farm torches

Wep: grief

Shield: Exile - Its make it in a 37 res sacred rondache, no luck in find a 45 res elite shield, is that like a very important thing or im good with -8 res?

chest: Enigma

helmet: Tal Rasha crest - farm guilleumes face? cant find it anywahere and tal rasha give me 15 res to my bad shield res

belt: something about ears cant remember the name, cant find thundergods vigor anywhere

boots: gore riders

gloves: lay of hands or magefist to teleport

ring: ravenfrost

ring2 - no idea, farming Soj before respect?

amulet - a creafted one i thing couse no luck in drop maras, metalgrid or anyother good one

how bad im i? do i lack something crucial to farm ubers like thunder absorb or im good to go?

is hammerdin or smitter the fastest build to farm the Soj? couse maybe i should farm it before reespect, im lack of a second good ring or and amulet anyway.

If you are not res capped with your current gear then you should just think about chains of honor for your chest. Otherwise your gear is fine! If anything you will be super over geared.

Note worthy from my Smiter:

I had tal Helm

Used Last Wish not Grief

Chains of honor

I used a blood belt because I could not find gore riders when I was ready farm ubers

Therefore I had a random pair of boots with res on them.

And my 2nd ring was just another random ring with some res

My amulet was Highlord's Wrath

Your gear is more then ready I think :)

Hammers will be faster at farming an SoJ

On 2/7/2022 at 7:24 PM, Eruyom said:

As @IAmNotXJ9 said, use Chainf of honour for your chest when farming ubers for extra resistance. You should be good otherwise. Uber Mephisto is most dangerous with lightnight damage but your life-tap should cast quicly enough so that you are ok. The other ubers should be no problem even if fighting more than one at a time.

I used Last wish phase blade to farm ubers but have switched to Grief now that I am doing Diablo Clone runs as I am finding it slightly faster. I also had Dwarf star as my second ring and I also managed to get Highlords wrath amulet before I did ubers. I didn't have Thunergods belt, couldn't find it.

Re speed of Farming SoJs. I started farming SoJ (Nightmare Andy), got bored, then farmed torches. The skill boost you get from the torch should offset most of the speed differnece between hammerdin and smiterdin for famring.

You can try farming Hell Meph before you respec if you want. He also super easy to farm with a Smiter after a respec and drops Andariels visage which makes the merc (almost) immune to damage due to life tap.

Another useful tip for farming, stack you inventory full of Paladin combat skill charms. How to get them easily:

-          Farm Nightmare flayer jungle until any Grand Charm drops

-          Dupe an entire inventory slot worth of perfect gems.

-          Backup.

-          Use 3 gems and the cube to re-reoll the charm until you get a +1 paladin combat skill charm.

-          Reload backup as needed (took me 4 full slots of gems until I got it)

-          Dupe skill charm

We use NM flayer as we want a charm with lowest level / highest chance to produce combat skill. Higher level areas can produce better charms but there is a lower chance they roll to a +1 paladin combat skill charm.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well im the farming SoJ part and is... welll a big farming part, i got 515% of MF and a good map, but no luck, every unique ring is a MF one or a healing one

Do MF on the merc helps? or im just in that part of "patience and listen a podcast or something"

2 hours ago, Eruyom said:

Well im the farming SoJ part and is... welll a big farming part, i got 515% of MF and a good map, but no luck, every unique ring is a MF one or a healing one

Do MF on the merc helps? or im just in that part of "patience and listen a podcast or something"

MF on a merc can be helpful but it's only included in the calculation if your merc lands the final blow and kills whatever enemy you're farming. It took me around a week for Andy to drop an SoJ. Best advice I have is just farm her in NM if you aren't already. She has better SoJ drop chances than in Hell. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eruyom said:

or im just in that part of "patience and listen a podcast or something"

Put on a show or podcast you like and pray to RNJesus. As I understand your MF only affects the chance for a unique ring to drop. After that, that chance for that unique ring to be an SoJ is fixed at 1:31.

It took me over a week, I stopped counting runs when I was over 1000 NM Andy runs. I had over 80+ unique rings drop before I got my SoJ. Based on the numbers in the FAQ below, with 80+ unique ring drops there was over a 90% chance I have an SoJ.

My advice is farm Hell Andy and Meph until you have all other gear you need then farm NM Andy for SoJ.

Stone of Jordan FAQ

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=27012661

• 1 month later...

Having just started this leveling method, my biggest concern with it is if duping methods are patched.

You can have 30 characters, currently i have 25 as SOJ banks, thats 3500 SOJs, if you get deep into this grind and all of a sudden Blizzard patch out the duping methods, your run to 99 is over. As far as i'm aware Paladin isn't particularly efficient when it comes to solo Baal runs due to the magic immunity waves, so this seems like a high risk high reward method.

2 hours ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Having just started this leveling method, my biggest concern with it is if duping methods are patched.

You can have 30 characters, currently i have 25 as SOJ banks, thats 3500 SOJs, if you get deep into this grind and all of a sudden Blizzard patch out the duping methods, your run to 99 is over. As far as i'm aware Paladin isn't particularly efficient when it comes to solo Baal runs due to the magic immunity waves, so this seems like a high risk high reward method.

Noob question, sorry, but WHY do you have 3500 SOJ's? :o

3 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Noob question, sorry, but WHY do you have 3500 SOJ's? :o

This entire leveling method that this post is about required you to kill DiabloClone, which requires you to sell 1 SOJ to a merchant to spawn, you need to kill him thousands of times, hence the thousands of SOJs 

2 minutes ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

This entire leveling method that this post is about required you to kill DiabloClone, which requires you to sell 1 SOJ to a merchant to spawn, you need to kill him thousands of times, hence the thousands of SOJs 

I saw it now, sorry for not reading before i ask :D my bad, but thanks for taking time to reply :) 

21 hours ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

They have released 3 upgrades since this was discovered. I'm hanging onto hope it doesn't get patched.

In the case they do patch it I have seen on YouTube (via dubrunski) that farming hell Diablo act 4 is faster than baal runs. It still takes about 200-250 hours however to get from L98-L99 this way.

The most recent patch also changed level of all of act 5 to L85. So all of act 5 should reward more xp if doing legit. 

1 hour ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

They have released 3 upgrades since this was discovered. I'm hanging onto hope it doesn't get patched.

In the case they do patch it I have seen on YouTube (via dubrunski) that farming hell Diablo act 4 is faster than baal runs. It still takes about 200-250 hours however to get from L98-L99 this way.

The most recent patch also changed level of all of act 5 to L85. So all of act 5 should reward more xp if doing legit. 

Thanks, good to know. I've only just started really, just did 87-90 today. From my very rough calculations from 90-99 with 10% anni, regular xp shrines and player 2 setting it's gonna take 15,300 rings, which is a heck of a lot better than the 22,500 that Vextens had to suffer through.  <3 Players x setting.

31 minutes ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Thanks, good to know. I've only just started really, just did 87-90 today. From my very rough calculations from 90-99 with 10% anni, regular xp shrines and player 2 setting it's gonna take 15,300 rings, which is a heck of a lot better than the 22,500 that Vextens had to suffer through.  <3 Players x setting.

You really start to feel the grind once you hit L94. You need over 1000+ runs per level at that stage. Im at L96.3 at the moment. Once we're at L97 we're only half-way! That's with saving Hell ancients as well.

Does Uber Diablo's XP cap out at player 2 or player 3?