How to reach level 99 in 400 hours (250 hours once /playerX is added)

NathanielJohn

12 hours ago, kloudmuka said:

Each p2 Diablo Clone kill gives me about 92k-93k exp, with exp shrine of course. Every game session time(from entering the game and exit)  is about 2min-3min, depends on how fast I can find the exp shrine. And sometimes there is no shrine at all.

Sounds like you need a better setup, i had pretty crappy smiter gear and i was doing 50-60 second dclone runs.

3 hours ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Sounds like you need a better setup, i had pretty crappy smiter gear and i was doing 50-60 second dclone runs.

A Smiterdin should be able to do DClone in about 50s (PS5).

I'm at L97 and just respeced to a Fist of Heaven Paladin. I’m clearing Chaos sanctuary in under 2 min (P/8). I haven't timed anything or taken averages but from last nights session I am under the impression it is slightly faster than doing DClone runs with SoJ duping (P/2). Its a welcome change of pace after doing DClone 7,500 times over the last few months on and off.

I'm using Act 2 Merc with Insight for the Meditation Aura but may switch to Act 5 Merc (barbarian) to see if he can make finishing off Diablo even faster.

Build is as per the standard build shown in link below. Except I’m missing Magefist and Griffon's eye. Using Chance Guards and Harlequin's Crest instead, respectively.

https://d2.maxroll.gg/guides/fist-of-the-heavens-paladin

@Rando-Calrisian-, since FOH dont need a aura do to damage, you can replace the aura.

i'm using redemption aura on mobs, and switch do fanaticism to kill diablo.

If you do that, u dont need mana and can use reaper tols + G face + AC II merc with might aura, he kills diablo realy fast. (that setup will be good to kill DCLONE)

Or an barb merc with last wish + lawbringer, will do the same 

18 hours ago, kloudmuka said:

So if you are in lvl 95-98, p8 2 seals only CS run is the fastest. When you reach lvl 98, all the monsters, except Diablo, Nihlathak, Baal and DC, will give you literally zero exp, then you can farm p7 Diablo(exp capped at p7, 2min with 54k-55k exp), p8 Nihlathak(40-50 sec with 25k-28k exp) or p2 DC(2-3min 70k exp with exp shrine). Seems p8 Nihlathak is still a little bit faster if you can kill it in 50 sec.

I beliave you can do more XP doing 3 seals with a FOH, Pro guys doesnt kill Lord the SEis with hammerdin cause he can kill us easily, but with FOH, we can out range.

i saw some guys doing Nihlathak sub 20 secs, with that time, will beat DCLONE on level 98>99

• Like 1

9 hours ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Obviously I count into the time I spend in looking for a exp shrine. Killing DC took me less than 50 sec.

2 hours ago, kloudmuka said:

Obviously I count into the time I spend in looking for a exp shrine. Killing DC took me less than 50 sec.

Even with searching for xp shrines should take under 60s with good gear. This is assuming you have rolled the map so you have a decent shrine layout close to DClone's spawn. 

19 hours ago, kloudmuka said:

My entire runs from the log in screen, back to the log in screens were 50-60 seconds. You are doing something very wrong if that is taking nearly 3 minutes.

14 hours ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

My entire runs from the log in screen, back to the log in screens were 50-60 seconds. You are doing something very wrong if that is taking nearly 3 minutes.

LOL just found I made a big mistake: my original route is totally wrong. 

I used to find exp shrine first then sell SoJ to spawn a DC and teleport to Frigid Highlands, didn't realize all of these can be done in stones field like OP's post.

I haven't re-rolled map to get the best shrine distributions but after the adjusting, my p2 DC run is 50 sec to 70 sec depends on how fast I can find the exp shrine.

Also I tried my optimized FoH build with 125 FCR in p8 2-seal-only CS run, every run took me 40-50 sec, very stable time though. The biggest drawback of DC run is that you can't have an exp shrine in every run, the worst case I have encountered is 5 runs in a row with no exp shrine at all.

Maybe I will still use CS runs to make the grind much more fun in lvl 97, then stick to the DC run in lvl 98.

Edited by kloudmuka

Tested both Merc, killing dclone, with they GG gear, and barbearia is far better, he can be killed sometimes, but worth the ressings he can use decrepit + might aura(better than ac Ii) + he can equip 100% CB

Edited by nabinha

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/07/2022 at 10:40 AM, DdMac679 said:

How long are lvl 85 areas useful before switching to full time CS/Baal? Im lvl 93, still farming Pits with FOH. Do I stay there until 95 or switch to CS sooner? 

I believe pits  doesn't work with a foh, since foh works Better against demons and undeads (Holy Bolt only damage this kind of enemies)

• 3 weeks later...

I am finally done!
Thanks to this thread i could gear up and plan my strategy. However, i had the same issue many with ps4 have about load times. I was planning on getting a ps5 so i didn't want to upgrade de ps4 but the load times were stretching this out. So, i plan a route that required the least load time with the highest exp:

1- Duping the 3 items needed to get to uber Tristram and soj. 

2-I would open the portal then sell a SOJ. (DO NOT HAVE A MERC OR HE MIGHT LURE MEPHISTO BEFORE THE SCREEN LOADS)

3-Then TP over to the left bordering the edge and attract mephisto and kill him (i had conviction lvl 26 or something to nullify his aura, i started with salvation but this way i needed less charms in the inventory). 

4-Tp to baal and diablo and kill them, they are harmless with the build recommended here just bring some mana pots

5-Go back though the TP and go to the frigid highlands and kill uber diablo again.

This, in lvl 98 would neat you 172.937 EXP and it took me 3:40 minutes from the moment i hit play until the main menu loaded back.

This would beat the 47.704 EXP you get from killing just diablo, even using exp shrines. They took 1.40 mins from play to menu again. 

This means the tristram+diablo path gets you 786 EXP per second when just the diablo path gets you 477 EXP per second. It is riskier but gets easier once you get the hang of it 

I have recorded the path if anyone is interested. 

I have loved this game from the moment i first played it and this experience was my tribute to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2022 at 2:51 PM, KILLER__PAIN said:

I am finally done!
Thanks to this thread i could gear up and plan my strategy. However, i had the same issue many with ps4 have about load times. I was planning on getting a ps5 so i didn't want to upgrade de ps4 but the load times were stretching this out. So, i plan a route that required the least load time with the highest exp:

1- Duping the 3 items needed to get to uber Tristram and soj. 

2-I would open the portal then sell a SOJ. (DO NOT HAVE A MERC OR HE MIGHT LURE MEPHISTO BEFORE THE SCREEN LOADS)

3-Then TP over to the left bordering the edge and attract mephisto and kill him (i had conviction lvl 26 or something to nullify his aura, i started with salvation but this way i needed less charms in the inventory). 

4-Tp to baal and diablo and kill them, they are harmless with the build recommended here just bring some mana pots

5-Go back though the TP and go to the frigid highlands and kill uber diablo again.

This, in lvl 98 would neat you 172.937 EXP and it took me 3:40 minutes from the moment i hit play until the main menu loaded back.

This would beat the 47.704 EXP you get from killing just diablo, even using exp shrines. They took 1.40 mins from play to menu again. 

This means the tristram+diablo path gets you 786 EXP per second when just the diablo path gets you 477 EXP per second. It is riskier but gets easier once you get the hang of it 

I have recorded the path if anyone is interested. 

I have loved this game from the moment i first played it and this experience was my tribute to it.

Congratulations! I’m interested in the recording. 

Edited by DdMac679

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 6:43 AM, NathanielJohn said:

When doing this method with /playersX, you should only be using /players 3 or maybe even just /players 2 anyway. Higher values won't give you more XP, since there is an XP cap per enemy.

DClone XP on /players 1: 5539200

DClone XP on /players 2: 8308800

DClone XP on /players 3 (and higher): 8388608

Im sorry but These breakdowns of d clone xp are not correct

at lvl 95, with an xp shrine and a 10% anni sc i literally only got 172k from d clone, not the millions as mentioned above

then clearing champions/elites seal bosses and diablo in the chaos sanctuary i got over 500k xp, its better off just clearing chaos on player’s 8

Edit: both instances were done on players 8

Edited by Property_Damage

2 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Im sorry but These breakdowns of d clone xp are not correct

at lvl 95, with an xp shrine and a 10% anni sc i literally only got 172k from d clone, not the millions as mentioned above

The numbers you quoted are raw (not adjusted for player level). The amount you get changes based on your level — higher level means you get lower XP.

45 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

The numbers you quoted are raw (not adjusted for player level). The amount you get changes based on your level — higher level means you get lower XP.

I fully understand the higher lvl you are the less xp you gain, ive been playing this game since legacy off and on for 20years

so i quoted a 5million xp gain from dclone on players1, so my question is, at what player lvl can you expect these numbers (im guessing in the 70s) because at lvl 95 i am clearly seeing a higher dropoff of xp

edit: i think i understand your breakdown in your original post better now, so i stand corrected But i still think youre better off just being a hammerdin and doing chaos runs on p8 and anyways, a well geared hammerdin can kill dclone perfectly fine aswell

Edited by Property_Damage

• 1 month later...

I think I'm going insane, I keep having nightmares of my character dying (not that it matters since it's offline and backed-up, doesn't stop the dreams). I'm so extremely close to the finish line, but every attempt to push across fills me with an unwillingness to grind out what little is left before I even get loaded into the game, this is normal right lol? One of the biggest mental grinds I think I've ever done in a video game.

Yeah, it is mind numbing. I refuse to do it!

I'm waiting for Terror Zones. Still boring but at least you get to see different monsters than CS/Baal/DClone/Ubers and better xp in terror zones after 94-95.

I was counting on single player terror zones patch before end of the year but I think they will release it after season 2 (which is supposed to end January-February, but it's Blizzard so could be March-April)

Edited by kowalski_turkey

• 3 weeks later...

That's INSANE, why make such an unbelievably hellish, asshole trophy like this?! I swear it's almost like the devs were bitter about the whole Diablo Immortal fiasco and this is their passive aggressive way of saying go fuck yourselves to the players, lol. I couldn't believe my eyes with the requirements I was seeing with this level trophy (and some of the other trophies in the game as well). And I thought the trophy "All That Glitters" from the vanilla Diablo 3 on the PS3 was bad? Ha!

I love Diablo. Other than Diablo 2 I have every other platinum you can possibly have for this series. But I will NEVER have Diablo 2's platinum. They are out of their goddamn minds and there's no way in hell I'd ever put myself through something like this for a trophy and a platinum. No way. 

I love my platinums, sure. But this? Nah. This shit here is beyond lunacy and completely crosses the line. Here's hoping they don't pull this shit with Diablo 4 when it gets released in June because if they do, well I guess all I can do is thank the devs for saving me money on another game I'll never buy. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this thread & the suggestions therein.  I took my time & was able to finally complete this mind-numbing trophy.

I played in the early days when getting a level 99 was quick & easy on cows...so I found this post 1.09-patch change to nerf high 90s exp...just stupid.

Some final comments (pre-Terror Zone)

• I leveled from 90-99 when /players was available on PS5 for off-line single-player.  Terror Zones were not available yet for single player (BOO).
  • /players 8 in Chaos Sanctuary was way faster for me from 90 to 97 than DClone.  Not even close.
    • This thread was started before /players so that recommendation was with players 1 so big difference
  • Defeating regular Diablo in the Chaos Sanctuary (on /players 7) was not as fast as killing all blues & elites, then restarting (skip Diablo)
    • From a boredom perspective I frequently took out Diablo anyway (ended up with 8 Harlequin Crests just as an example)
  • Going from 97 to 98, /players 8 Chaos Sanctuary and DClone /players 3 were a tie for me. Same average rate of experience per second (over time).
  • From 98 to 99
    • I used 4,030 SOJ rings + Ancients (40 million exp) to get all the way through
    • I had at least a 50-60% success rate in an Exp shrine spawning in my DClone runs (it seemed really frequent)
    • I averaged 56 seconds per run on PS5 (complete circle - all loading screens, sell ring to spawn DClone, default DClone, restart)
      • I did have Enigma (Teleport +1)
      • My 4 shrines weren't perfect placement but I felt good enough
        • If 1st shrine was Exp I could complete in 50 seconds, but if 4th shrine was Exp it was more around 61 seconds
    • DClone exp for me on /players 3 was around 47,000 (No Exp bonus) or 70,000 (Exp bonus)
  • I could not more highly recommend a Fist of Heaven / Smiter Paladin for this grind
    • Fist of Heaven destroys undead areas so incredibly fast + Holy Bolt is quite powerful for elites
    • Able to easily defeat Uber Tristram too, so farming torches was beneficial
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, scharn73 said:
  • I could not more highly recommend a Fist of Heaven / Smiter Paladin for this grind
    • Fist of Heaven destroys undead areas so incredibly fast + Holy Bolt is quite powerful for elites
    • Able to easily defeat Uber Tristram too, so farming torches was beneficial

Fist of Heaven was faster on /players 8 Chaos Sanctuary than Hammer? From what I read online FoH starts to get weak above p3. On the other hand I really like that it's not required to aim it (on consoles anyway) and it's safer than Hammer (damn you De Seis!).

On 11/1/2022 at 0:47 AM, Sunnyburrito said:

Thank you very much for this method, but Hell is so unforgiving that even with my frozen orb/Meteor sorceress I'm still having problems dealing with the elemental immunities, I have to play the game in a completely different way now.

If you stick with Sorc as your main, I recommend full Lightning. I tried the Frozen Orb build and things just didn't click for me with that one. Got to 99 on full Lightning. It's definitely not the fastest class but you'll get there..eventually. ? 

Edited by Gattusso02