Trophy Thoughts

Jelly Soup

Regular Dauntless player here. As with the PS4 trophy list, this is more time consuming that difficult. The hardest part will be the final escalation bosses. And by hard I mean mildly annoying. On the lowest difficulty possible to run into one, you're main problem will be getting people to stick around long enough to get to it. The final arena before the boss can be a real boot to the teeth. If you can get a non-PUG group, all for the better.

Mostly straightforward besides that. Kill behemoths, farms parts, make stuff, level stuff, repeat. For a new player, less say 50+ hours, based mostly on drops rates being terrible for most rare parts and the unpredictable speed of the queue. Do recommend dropping a couple bucks for the hunters pass, it pays for itself if you stick with it. As of a few patches ago, hunt passes no longer provides weapon exp. You'll want a Slayer Club subscription for that, but it doesn't have the same platinum (real money currency) kickbacks.

Also, the game is cross-platform, progress can be continued on PC (Epic), Switch and XBox. Anything trophy requirements completed on the other three will auto-pop when opening on PS5 on any platform that supports achievements. Something to take advantage of if you aren't sure you want to commit.

Edited by Jelly Soup
Correcting a few points for the current version of the game.
  • Like 2

I'm ready for this too. I slowed down my playing some months after getting the PS4 complete cause there were other trophy lists I needed to work on, but this is a good excuse to start again. Maybe get into another hunter pass. The last few sets were really nice.

Oh nooo, all I had to finish on PC was to get a couple more levels to 40. Does anyone know if they also added more achievements to PC (Epic)? Otherwise, it's gonna be quite painful to track all these PS5 trophies without syncing them first.

But great to see a proper list - this is what Dauntless' list should've been in the first place.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Oh nooo, all I had to finish on PC was to get a couple more levels to 40. Does anyone know if they also added more achievements to PC (Epic)? Otherwise, it's gonna be quite painful to track all these PS5 trophies without syncing them first.

But great to see a proper list - this is what Dauntless' list should've been in the first place.

I believe the PC/Epic version doesn't have formal achievements yet. But achievements for other platforms can be completed via the PC version.

On 30/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Also, the game is cross-platform, progress can be continued on PC (Epic), Switch and XBox. Anything trophy requirements completed on the other three will auto-pop when opening on PS5. Something to take advantage of if you aren't sure you want to commit.

Does that mean if I unlock trophies on PS5 if I boot it up on Xbox I'll get the achievements for that version as well? Cool if true. 

6 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Does that mean if I unlock trophies on PS5 if I boot it up on Xbox I'll get the achievements for that version as well? Cool if true. 

Should, yes. Connect your account to the PC version before you do, just to be sure. Unlocks are system specific transmogs tend to show some jank if there isn't at least one PC login between them.

I wimped out before I made it to level 40, I think I was playing last around Easter 2020 as I remember a strange themed event or a bizarre dream, is there anything new to do content wise in the last 18 months ish or is it just more trophies because it's coming to ps5?

Please and thank you.

Edited by Aceterix
Typo

11 hours ago, Aceterix said:

I wimped out before I made it to level 40, I think I was playing last around Easter 2020 as I remember a strange themed event or a bizarre dream, is there anything new to do content wise in the last 18 months ish or is it just more trophies because it's coming to ps5?

Please and thank you.

Most of the new trophies are for killing specific behemoths. If you haven't played since last year, it's everything you didn't complete then and new hunts. I commented on this in the PS4 thread, but most of the battle related trophies will result from carries even if you aren't intending them to happen that way. Hunts work way different now, allowing you to hit a field and hunt forever if you like.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Do you plan on making a trophy guide @Jelly Soup? I have a few trophies on the PS4 version and am gonna try to get all the remaining trophies via EGS but I'm overwhelmed by the amount of trophies and other features present.

There's a guide up on the trophy page for the PS4 version, but I don't know that a guide is really needed. The game is straightforward, it's just a matter of grinding. Like you don't even need to be super good with the current system, if you've got at least one person in your party that has a prestige 10+ weapon, you're likely looking at a carry.

Pretty much queue for fights, do the fights until you have all the parts you need, use parts to make stuff, repeat. I had a general advice thread somewhere around here, I can update that with specifics.

19 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Like you don't even need to be super good with the current system, if you've got at least one person in your party that has a prestige 10+ weapon, you're likely looking at a carry.

I dont think there are many people that have that prestige level...

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:05 PM, Christopher said:

I dont think there are many people that have that prestige level...

Depends on what hunt tier you're fighting on. I've seen large teams of 15+'s farming Chronovore.

Edit: Coming back to this two months later, I regularly see people at prestige 50+, normally PC players.

Edit 2: Coming back to this two years later, I regularly see people with several 90+ options. The just added feature of max prestige with challenge medals makes it much faster.

Edited by Jelly Soup
Update #2

Hi, since there is a platinum trophy, I will probably start this game.

Having loved Monster Hunter and the hours I spent on it, I think I'll enjoy this game considering the gameplay :).

But I just wanted to understand, the trophy : 
King Of The Hill
Defeat Malkarion, Torgadoro, Thrax, Agarus, Urska, and The Chronovore

It's still 0% even on xbox... Why ? is it difficult ? is it buggy ?
Thanks to you for your answers, that's what I need to start the game or wait a bit ^^

2 hours ago, tobaldou said:

Hi, since there is a platinum trophy, I will probably start this game.

Having loved Monster Hunter and the hours I spent on it, I think I'll enjoy this game considering the gameplay :).

But I just wanted to understand, the trophy : 
King Of The Hill
Defeat Malkarion, Torgadoro, Thrax, Agarus, Urska, and The Chronovore

It's still 0% even on xbox... Why ? is it difficult ? is it buggy ?
Thanks to you for your answers, that's what I need to start the game or wait a bit ^^

Not synching correctly for previous gen versions. A fix is in the works, or so we understand.

Additionally, for current gen systems, if you've defeated any of those behemoths in the past, you might need to do it again. Tracking on the PS5 doesn't seem great for those from before current patch.

3 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Not synching correctly for previous gen versions. A fix is in the works, or so we understand.

Additionally, for current gen systems, if you've defeated any of those behemoths in the past, you might need to do it again. Tracking on the PS5 doesn't seem great for those from before current patch.

Thanks you for your feedback.

I will start the game soon :)