Vaas dlc question

Crypto151

6 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I don't know if you can save your progress, but can't you put the system in rest mode?

I think that is the only way. If you quit out you have to start over. The only thing that saves is the weapons and mods unlocked for them. If you have 2 of the 3 daggers and quit the game your progress is lost.

2 hours ago, Crypto151 said:

Can you seriously not save your mission progress? I don't have the time to sit and play that long for one sitting. 

You can save your progress by going into a safezone. you'll notice that in a safezone and pressing the options button it says "safe and go back to yara" . there are 4 safespots/houses in the dlc if i'm not mistaken. if you quit the game while being somewhere else you loose your progress.

On 30/11/2021 at 4:36 AM, Crypto151 said:

Can you seriously not save your mission progress? I don't have the time to sit and play that long for one sitting. 

Don't worry too much about it. I don't like the genre usually, but this DLC was quite good and it isn't really very restrictive. A completed run takes around 30 mins if you just prioritise the 3 story areas (1 north - do this first, 1 south, 1 east). You'll come to find that grinding cash is the more limiting thing about the DLC (for 'Self Help') rather than getting through the DLC itself. 

The game has rouge-like mechanics, but without the length or difficulty typically attached to the genre (fortunately). As long as you switch to Story Mode (it defaults to Action Mode!) you can cruise through Mind Level 5 just with a fully upgraded pistol. Every location you find, collectible you discover, weapon you unlock/upgrade carries over between runs, so you don't need to do them all at once.

All you 'need' to progress is to complete the 3 story-type missions (do the northern most one first, as its the hardest). You need to do all the side activities/locations on various runs for trophies, but once you have them all, a full run doesn't take long, roughly 30 mins You only need to do 2 full runs (Mind Level 1 to unlock Mind Levels 2 - 5, then Mind Level 5...can skip Mind Levels 2, 3 and 4). Everything else can be earned through partial progress between runs. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2