buying ps3 games in ps store question, wallet not working

melodicmizery

so i tried buying some dlc and it wont accept my credit card, it says you need to top up your wallet

so i went on pc and tried to top my wallet to $60, didnt work. so i had to do it in $10 transactions. stopped after the 3rd, had to use another credit card twice, and then didnt work, had to go back to my first credit card and get the last $10 in finally got $60 in my wallet

go back to ps3 and try to buy the games and proceed to checkout, wont let me use my wallet. says pick credit card

this is a loop i cant get out of. i dont know why they changed this. and i cant find the ps3 games on pc because they layout is so horrid i dont think it even has the ps3 games up anymore. 

resolution anyone?

according to this article,  Playstation 3 stopped accepting credit cards October 27th, now it is only possible to add credits through gift cards, or by adding credits on another platform

28 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

according to this article,  Playstation 3 stopped accepting credit cards October 27th, now it is only possible to add credits through gift cards, or by adding credits on another platform

i got the funds in my wallet through using my cc on pc, but now the problem is on checkout in ps3 there is nothing that says use funds. it shows my funds are there, but there is no option to select it anywhere. i even deleted my credit cards and it wont let me use the funds i put in my wallet. 

edit i got it to work after all that. i removed my items from the cart and re added them buying them one by one and it let me use the wallet option. odd. hope that helps someone in the future

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 30/11/2021 at 8:51 PM, melodicmizery said:

i got the funds in my wallet through using my cc on pc, but now the problem is on checkout in ps3 there is nothing that says use funds. it shows my funds are there, but there is no option to select it anywhere. i even deleted my credit cards and it wont let me use the funds i put in my wallet. 

edit i got it to work after all that. i removed my items from the cart and re added them buying them one by one and it let me use the wallet option. odd. hope that helps someone in the future

Just got that error. I live in Brazil and had to create a Canadian account so I could find the DLC I want. Got the error not letting me use the wallet. Btw was a hell to add funds with Brazilian Credit card in a Canadian Account. Anyway, your experience helped me here, Thanks my friend!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GardenOfSouls said:

Just got that error. I live in Brazil and had to create a Canadian account so I could find the DLC I want. Got the error not letting me use the wallet. Btw was a hell to add funds with Brazilian Credit card in a Canadian Account. Anyway, your experience helped me here, Thanks my friend!

glad it helped my friend

22 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

User voucher cards then. What's the problem here? You can get voucher cards literally everywhere and they can still be redeemed on PS3. I did exactly that a few weeks ago.

some of us dont want to leave and spend gas money going and hunting down a card in the middle of the night trying to find a store thats open or paying the online fee buying them at most places.

if you want to know what the problem is, the problem is the ps3's broke ass checkout system that they broke and they dont fix. how about they fix that instead of us having to do all this other shit

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

some of us dont want to leave and spend gas money going and hunting down a card in the middle of the night trying to find a store thats open or paying the online fee buying them at most places.

if you want to know what the problem is, the problem is the ps3's broke ass checkout system that they broke and they dont fix. how about they fix that instead of us having to do all this other shit

Yeah... and some of us don't want to read posts that are hastily typed without any care for grammar and/or punctuation.
I gave you a solution. Take it or leave it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 8:21 PM, El Duderino said:

Yeah... and some of us don't want to read posts that are hastily typed without any care for grammar and/or punctuation.
I gave you a solution. Take it or leave it.

i already posted the solution before your solution. so your opinion didnt add anything yet you still felt the need to add it. put the cape away captain save-us-all

• Like 4

On 9/19/2022 at 9:53 AM, El Duderino said:

User voucher cards then. What's the problem here? You can get voucher cards literally everywhere and they can still be redeemed on PS3. I did exactly that a few weeks ago.

"You can get voucher cards literally everywhere"

I don't think so Dude

• Like 2

On 29.9.2022 at 0:10 PM, dmsleight said:

Might be the unwarranted pretentious condescension.

Not to mention unwarranted pretentious spam comments from someone giving themselves the rank of a professor. ?

I salute thee, oh captain, my captain! ?

Edited by El Duderino

FYI

10 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Not to mention unwarranted pretentious spam comments

pretentious

prĭ-tĕn′shəs

adjective

1. Claiming that or behaving as if one is important or deserving of merit when such is not the case.
  2. Showing or betraying an attitude of superiority.
  3. Marked by an extravagant or presumptuous outward show; ostentatious: synonym: showy

10 hours ago, El Duderino said:

I salute thee, oh captain, my captain! ?

"the dude"

"pretentious"

unoriginal

ŭn″ə-rĭj′ə-nəl

adjective

1. Lacking originality; trite.
  2. lacking originality
  3. not original; not being or productive of something fresh and unusual
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dmsleight said:

sip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j64SctPKmqk

That being said, I'll now welcome you as the second member of my exclusive ignore list. The first honorary member was this radio dude. Two members in ten years. Pretty exclusive indeed. ?

Edited by El Duderino