Battleground Queues and the Triple Threat trophy

Datboy1991

So there has been tinkering with the Battlegrounds queues over the last two patches. Two patches ago, Battlegrounds were made deathmatch only. Since one of the trophies (Triple Threat) in the Morrowind DLC is only possible in a Capture the Relic mode, this trophy became completely unobtainable for the duration of that patch. Supposedly they fixed the queue this update-adding a deathmatch only queue vs a random battleground queue-but a low population in the game mode means the queues effectively merge and almost every (95+ percent) battleground is a deathmatch.

The upshot is that even though "Triple Threat" is not officially unobtainable (as you can still *technically* get a Capture the Relic), it is nearly impossible with the current state of the queue to get a capture the relic match, and nobody has gotten the trophy in 2 months. If anybody has discovered any workarounds to this, I would love to hear them. 

This will defo not help you, or me cause I’m also trying to get it but people got it on ps4 in november so its attainable. I’m queueing non stop , most matches are deathmatch but you get the other modes ocasionally, hopefully I’ll get capture the relic and actually manage to cap 3 relics. I guess the best bet to get this is by queuin as 4 in group random bg and just leave if it’s deathmatch (I’m doing that on most of my solo queues)

On 12/6/2021 at 8:57 AM, TehTeribad said:

This will defo not help you, or me cause I’m also trying to get it but people got it on ps4 in november so its attainable. I’m queueing non stop , most matches are deathmatch but you get the other modes ocasionally, hopefully I’ll get capture the relic and actually manage to cap 3 relics. I guess the best bet to get this is by queuin as 4 in group random bg and just leave if it’s deathmatch (I’m doing that on most of my solo queues)

I've been queueing every day a couple times a day, but so far all I've gotten is 1 chaosball, 1 domination, and straight deathmatches on 50 or so matches. It's rough. Once I finish fishing, I'll go for it more aggressively. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6.12.2021 at 2:57 PM, TehTeribad said:

I dont like this kind of attitude in an MMORPG.
You shouldnt play MMO's if you are only focussing on your personal trophy success - dont forget that you are playing with/against real people.

Your group will loose most of the time if you leave the bg. The queue for a replace doesnt always work.

Dont do that. Its just not nice.

• Like 2

No sadly not. I played tons of BGs back in the days - ZOS decided to remove the group-queue for some years so I had to go with randoms all the time to get all the pvp achievements done and I always hated it if someone left directly after joining. Most of the time my group had one player less for the whole bg then. It's really annoying.

Also: If you wanna go for the emperor one day, try not to focus on your own success too much. I did it two times when I played on PS4, and its not something you can achieve on your own. You do need a group that supports you and you do need a group to turn the keeps to get you to emp. As an emperor - until a new emperor gets crowned - you are much stronger than anyone else on the battlefield in Cyrodiil, so the battalion that supported you before will be much stronger if you are part of it even after you got your trophy. Try to see the social aspects of the game. You dont have to find best friends there, but dont forget that everything thats happening in there is just possible, because tons of real people spend their time and money in Tamriel. My first emperor run took only about three hours - but I joined a pvp guild about a month before and helped about 15 others to get their emp before I asked for myself - so if I'd count that too, it would have taken me about 150 hours for sure. It's all about giving people something back in the end. 

Believe me, most of the people who are spending much time in games like ESO or FFXIV chose the virtual world over the real world for some reason. The real world is a place full of selfish people - try to keep the virtual world a better place by acting like you care about others. This means the world to some of these people.

I quit Eso about a year ago, I am only logging in to help some people from the past sometimes (there was nothing left to do for me at one point) - but even if the group I'm helping out plays like a bunch of chipmunks sometimes, I always stay calm and try to help them achieve stuff that makes them happy.

Congratz to the trophy btw. Good to hear you got it.

Edited by I-CatHasTrophy-I

1 hour ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

No sadly not. I played tons of BGs back in the days - ZOS decided to remove the group-queue for some years so I had to go with randoms all the time to get all the pvp achievements done and I always hated it if someone left directly after joining. Most of the time my group had one player less for the whole bg then. It's really annoying.

Also: If you wanna go for the emperor one day, try not to focus on your own success too much. I did it two times when I played on PS4, and its not something you can achieve on your own. You do need a group that supports you and you do need a group to turn the keeps to get you to emp. As an emperor - until a new emperor gets crowned - you are much stronger than anyone else on the battlefield in Cyrodiil, so the battalion that supported you before will be much stronger if you are part of it even after you got your trophy. Try to see the social aspects of the game. You dont have to find best friends there, but dont forget that everything thats happening in there is just possible, because tons of real people spend their time and money in Tamriel. My first emperor run took only about three hours - but I joined a pvp guild about a month before and helped about 15 others to get their emp before I asked for myself - so if I'd count that too, it would have taken me about 150 hours for sure. It's all about giving people something back in the end. 

Believe me, most of the people who are spending much time in games like ESO or FFXIV chose the virtual world over the real world for some reason. The real world is a place full of selfish people - try to keep the virtual world a better place by acting like you care about others. This means the world to some of these people.

I quit Eso about a year ago, I am only logging in to help some people from the past sometimes (there was nothing left to do for me at one point) - but even if the group I'm helping out plays like a bunch of chipmunks sometimes, I always stay calm and try to help them achieve stuff that makes them happy.

Congratz to the trophy btw. Good to hear you got it.

Ya I’ll eventually get to Emperor, I’m currently cleaning up PVE stuff, done with a good part of the game.

In the meanwhile I’ve created and listed a guild for others that might need help on ESO trophies (like for example the dungeon ones). I’ll also create a gaming session to advertise it for any people that are struggling (like I did for alot of the group trophies).

On a side note I mostly picked up Eso because I haven’t touched any mmo on cosole and did not initially plan to 100% it but I ended up liking it and cleaning a fair bit of it without even looking at trophies. The main goal is to have it my main game even after 100% it but we’ll see when that happens.

oh the guild is called ‘Trophies and Achievements’ if anyone wants to join feel free to look it up. I’m more than willing to help with loads of trophies and can so just about anything excluding vet dungeons

• 8 months later...