Platinum possible with Challenger Edition (PS+ December 2021)

breakXedge

From the PS blog: 

Challenger Edition’s endgame co-op is compatible with all upgraded editions of Godfall & supports cross-gen play. Godfall: Challenger Edition players can upgrade at any time to the Deluxe Edition gaining access to both Godfall and Fire & Darkness campaigns.”

Seems you have to buy the game (deluxe edition) to access the base game/campaign. ?

• Like 2

First off, it's bullshit Plus is giving.... whatever this is instead of the actual game. It's idiotic thinking from Sony and the Gearbox.

I read through the trophy list just now and it seems like most trophies are just grindy "kill X 100 times" but there are some for finding legendary gear and opening chests. I wonder, can we actually plat the game with this version? Or maybe it'll just have a separate list. Zero chance of me 100%ing the game though since you'd have to buy the entire deluxe edition to get the dlc...

• Like 1

I was looking forward to playing this, I almost bought it a few times. 
Now this game will be on my skip list for eternity. Mortal shell is a maybe, I’m not unskilled but I don’t have the patience for souls style of games. Lego DC is a yes, they are fun games but I never put the hours to platinum them. The only Lego I enjoyed thoroughly was Harry Potter, so the plat came fairly easy for that. 
I think the godfall ps plus is a ploy to bump up sales numbers.. 

• Like 3

Lol this shit is worse than DriveClub PS+ edition. We could atleast Plat that despite needing to actually buy the base game for 2 free dlcs and season pass to 100%.

You can't even Plat this version because 6 trophies tied to bosses are in the base list. This is the most underhanded shit I've ever seen.

I really hope this gets its own separate list because it's nothing more than a paid/free MP only version of the game like Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 and should be treated as such.

"Godfall: Challenger Edition players can upgrade at any time to the Deluxe Edition gaining access to both Godfall and Fire & Darkness campaigns." - The sheer audacity of Gearbox.....bunch of assholes who fucked up everything about a game that could've been so much more.

• Like 1

If it does end up being like a Godfall lite with its own trophy list, I can forgive that. But this is a stupid stunt if it's literally just a snippet of the game that they're repackaging as something we are supposed to be excited to throw our money away to complete. I was looking forward to trying the game out but this is pathetic. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, carosch_ said:

Platinum is possible with the Challenger Editon!

The Dreamstones also include all six boss fights and I leveled a colleague there months ago who hasn't played the campaign yet - he got the trophies without playing the campaign.

Thanks for the heads up!

19 minutes ago, carosch_ said:

Platinum is possible with the Challenger Editon!

The Dreamstones also include all six boss fights and I leveled a colleague there months ago who hasn't played the campaign yet - he got the trophies without playing the campaign.

So this version is BETTER for trophy hunters then. 

• Like 3