breakXedge

Platinum possible with Challenger Edition (PS+ December 2021)

153 posts in this topic

From the PS blog: 

Challenger Edition’s endgame co-op is compatible with all upgraded editions of Godfall & supports cross-gen play. Godfall: Challenger Edition players can upgrade at any time to the Deluxe Edition gaining access to both Godfall and Fire & Darkness campaigns.”

Seems you have to buy the game (deluxe edition) to access the base game/campaign. 🙄

Yep, it has been confirmed in the PS+ thread that the Challenger Edition is basically some endgame content only. The main campaign won’t be available.

First off, it's bullshit Plus is giving.... whatever this is instead of the actual game. It's idiotic thinking from Sony and the Gearbox.

I read through the trophy list just now and it seems like most trophies are just grindy "kill X 100 times" but there are some for finding legendary gear and opening chests. I wonder, can we actually plat the game with this version? Or maybe it'll just have a separate list. Zero chance of me 100%ing the game though since you'd have to buy the entire deluxe edition to get the dlc...

big brain move

I was looking forward to playing this, I almost bought it a few times. 
Now this game will be on my skip list for eternity. Mortal shell is a maybe, I’m not unskilled but I don’t have the patience for souls style of games. Lego DC is a yes, they are fun games but I never put the hours to platinum them. The only Lego I enjoyed thoroughly was Harry Potter, so the plat came fairly easy for that. 
I think the godfall ps plus is a ploy to bump up sales numbers.. 

Is this a joke 😂😂 what the hell are they thinking 

Maybe a new trophy list? I hope to see that, but I think they are too lazy to do something user friendly like that 

Lol this shit is worse than DriveClub PS+ edition. We could atleast Plat that despite needing to actually buy the base game for 2 free dlcs and season pass to 100%.

You can't even Plat this version because 6 trophies tied to bosses are in the base list. This is the most underhanded shit I've ever seen.

I really hope this gets its own separate list because it's nothing more than a paid/free MP only version of the game like Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 and should be treated as such.

"Godfall: Challenger Edition players can upgrade at any time to the Deluxe Edition gaining access to both Godfall and Fire & Darkness campaigns." - The sheer audacity of Gearbox.....bunch of assholes who fucked up everything about a game that could've been so much more.

If it does end up being like a Godfall lite with its own trophy list, I can forgive that. But this is a stupid stunt if it's literally just a snippet of the game that they're repackaging as something we are supposed to be excited to throw our money away to complete. I was looking forward to trying the game out but this is pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, carosch_ said:

Platinum is possible with the Challenger Editon!

The Dreamstones also include all six boss fights and I leveled a colleague there months ago who hasn't played the campaign yet - he got the trophies without playing the campaign.

Thanks for the heads up!

I was going to play this game but since it's just the demo I won't even add it to my library. Usually I add everything to the library even if I won't play them,but fuck this one

19 minutes ago, carosch_ said:

Platinum is possible with the Challenger Editon!

The Dreamstones also include all six boss fights and I leveled a colleague there months ago who hasn't played the campaign yet - he got the trophies without playing the campaign.

So this version is BETTER for trophy hunters then.