Platinum possible with Challenger Edition (PS+ December 2021)

breakXedge

Guess we'll have to wait for someone to take the risk and see if it is actually doable....anyone volunteering? ??

I know it hasn't got the best appeal to everyone, but has some sweet graphics and was actually go for the plat. Now maybe not.

3 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I made my account around... 2008, I believe? I never bought a Plus subscription during the PS3 days. Since I've owned the PS4 (2014) I've purchased that useless Plus service 5 times at the most for a 1-month sub each time. Just recently during those ridiculous "Black Friday deals" I impulsively bought a year sub for $40 and I regret it. 

Mortal shell and the lego games are great! You've got your value right there! 

Also Black Friday had codes for $25 for a year. Never buy direct from Sony, always cheaper elsewhere. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forunth said:

I don't mean to start something here, and this topic seems to come up pretty often, but damn playing worse versions of games or playing games that you don't even enjoy at all just to get a platinum seems like the least fun anyone could ever had. 

So why are you quoting me?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, carosch_ said:

Platinum is possible with the Challenger Editon!

The Dreamstones also include all six boss fights and I leveled a colleague there months ago who hasn't played the campaign yet - he got the trophies without playing the campaign.

if this is possible, its a good enough for trophy hunters out there 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rejim said:

Guess we'll have to wait for someone to take the risk and see if it is actually doable....anyone volunteering? ??

I know it hasn't got the best appeal to everyone, but has some sweet graphics and was actually go for the plat. Now maybe not.

Why is this a risk lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Why is this a risk lol

Did you read what the topic is about? ? Cause if you play it and turns out you can't plat it on this version, you'll have to buy the original game...not interested in doing that for something that should have been free with psplus 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rejim said:

Did you read what the topic is about? 1f602.png Cause if you play it and turns out you can't plat it on this version, you'll have to buy the original game...not interested in doing that for something that should have been free with psplus 

I mean, so what, then

1. I’ll just not platinum it

2. Buy it when it inevitably crashes into the $2.99 bin like Anthem

• Like 4

On 01/12/2021 at 6:22 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

I didn't have much interest in the game, but now I'll definitely skip it.

I signed in just to upvote this comment

I played this from new release time.

I quickly got bored of everything having to be highly reflective gold. Very tiring.

Ironically, some other game must have come out and I forgot it existed..  but I'll try the December version and maybe a bunch of trophies will pop for collecting stuff I never had as a non maxed character.

I can't even be bothered to check my trophies on it to see them, that's how little interest I have in the game. It was like a crap shiny version of Knack, if I had to describe it from a distant memory

6 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I mean, so what, then

1. I’ll just not platinum it

2. Buy it when it inevitably crashes into the $2.99 bin like Anthem

Some people care about the 100 percentage, so if you can get trophies in this version but not the plat then they'll be stuck with for example 60% or 70% and that's like a stain on the account, that's why they said it's a risk.

• Like 2

On 01/12/2021 at 8:08 PM, kaltezhan said:

You can beat Mortal Shell in less than 7~8hrs if you go blind and explore 100% of the map. I did my NG+ no hit run in 1h30m~, the game is really small in content, but the content is actually good! I like to call it my "pocket dark souls"

I’ve watched a couple videos and it seemed hard but maybe you’ve changed my mind and I will give it a go. NG+ is such a good concept allowing people to play through as a strong character to get those difficult trophies.