Platinum possible with Challenger Edition (PS+ December 2021)

breakXedge

On 12/2/2021 at 2:22 PM, Teh_Zombz said:

so what is actually the end game for godfall? is it actually good and fleshed out or just like NG+ ?

No NG+, it's just gear grinding to do things faster and at increased difficulties. If you've played Diablo... Think Torment levels + Greater Rift progression, obviously done in it's own way but that's the most accurate way I can compare it. If you love Diablo / Path of Exile type games, you'll enjoy Godfall endgame (I have a lot of fun with it personally).

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

It's no Legends of Talia. That was a gripping 32 seconds.

I got a headache reading their little bio and then seeing the vast amounts of sub 20 minute platinums.

Back on topic, this will be the first time I wont even add a plus game to my library. Even when they used to give out vita games, I added those. 

I see my message triggered few people lol

"oooh you have shit platinums, your opinion is invalid". My comment wasn't about fast and easy platinums, my comment was about suffering through hours and hours of a game you wouldn't enjoy, which I would never do. less than an hour? Sure, sign me up. 20 minutes of shitty game, pop plat, small satisfaction, move on. Playing glorified demo for hours without enjoyment just for some trophies is baffling to me. (Of course I assume person doing that wouldn't enjoy the game, this mindset doesn't apply if they do). 

Also what is your issue about my bio? I prefer long story based games, your point was...? Because you have to do some mental gymnastics to get to that headache of yours. 

• Like 3

$15 is worth it for the upgrade to the Deluxe Edition. I know this one is gunna [already has] get a lot of [warranted] hate and it's scummy on Gearbox/Sony. THAT being said, the good part is that it cuts the already meh story and wildly meh grind, and people can get straight to the good stuff if you stick with the Challenger Edition.

OR

If you're a returning player, it was said that only the Challenger Edition folks can boost straight to Level 50 if they wanted to, BUT turns out anyone can. It's letting me after purchasing the $15 Deluxe upgrade. That's awesome as I was 32 after the story.

I'd gladly be fine with that, considering the Deluxe is normally $70 anyway, and it includes the Fire and Darkness expansion which is $20 by itself.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

I know the challenger edition gives endgame gears. If I pay $15 to upgrade to the full game, can I use the endgame gears to make my platinum playthrough easier since there is a difficulty specific trophy?

The difficulty specific trophy is only available after Level 50, so you technically don't need the full game. The Challenger Edition will suffice.

32 minutes ago, MrTulike said:

Can the base game trophy set be achieved with the Challenger Edition? I know it is technically possible according to the other thread, but they may block it for those who do not own the base game...

I don't see why not, the only thing not available is the story. The only "story" trophies are for bosses which you're able to fight again anyway through the Dreamstones in the endgame.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

It's the better part of the game, and platinum obtainable either way so.

The bosses outside of the story may not have the trophy triggers ;(, guess we will see soon enough 

What would be the quickest way for me to test this (I've never played before)??

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

Thankfully the bosses do pop the trophies, if the boss is present I guess, I only checked Solaris

I just jumped in and killed Solaris within 10 minutes of playing and I got the following trophies;

1. SOLARIS - defeat Solaris

2. AWAKENING - Pick up a legendary piece of equipment.

3. GEARED UP - Pick up 5 legendary pieces of equipment.

4. SMALL STEPS - Complete your first Quest Objective.

5. GREAT DEEDS - Complete your first legendary Quest Objective.

Completing 10 quests for the Challenger trophies could be a bit grindy btw

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

3. GEARED UP - Pick up 5 legendary pieces of equipment.

after the first 10 minutes of playing, you got access to 5 legendary pieces of equipment? I'm not familiar with the game, but that sounds broken if that follows the, almost standard, code of colours in MMOs and looter games.

I mean, jesus, 10 minutes. They could shower us in gold and gadgets the very moment we enter in the game for the 1st time if they want us that hard to get phat loot.

3 minutes ago, Ekir said:

after the first 10 minutes of playing, you got access to 5 legendary pieces of equipment? I'm not familiar with the game, but that sounds broken if that follows the, almost standard, code of colours in MMOs and looter games.

I mean, jesus, 10 minutes. They could shower us in gold and gadgets the very moment we enter in the game for the 1st time if they want us that hard to get phat loot.

Yeah, with this watered down version, you basically start at max level with OP weapons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ekir said:

I've never played b4, had no idea what I was doing, just lobbing points into and equipping whatever XD.

I may have had a few Legendary already, you did start with some bits of gear.

Then the boss dropped a lot of goodies, either he dropped 5 pieces, or I already had 5 and had to pick up another for the trophy check

• Like 1